explain signing

birdlady

Reaction score
can anyone explain signs..LIke the sign " YOUR " push hand out front of you .Or do you point finger out . "work " Tap fist together. The word "FEEL" do you spread finger and rub up and down chest . Or turn middle finger in and rub up and down. some signs are alittle confuseing.. I am learning at ASL.com

Another option for viewing signs is Signing Savvy | ASL Sign Language Video Dictionary.

YOUR is a directional sign, so you push it in the direction of the person or persons to whom you're referring.

WORK is the dominant fist tapping on the non-dominant fist. Remember to keep the palm orientation of both facing downward. WORK is an inflected verb, so remember to modify it (along with your mouth morphemes and expression) to indicate duration and degree.

The basic FEEL motion is a stroke of the bent middle finger upward on the chest.

Is there any way you can take an ASL class or socialize with real, living signers?

If not, try watching some vlogs or Youtube examples of people signing to see it used in context.

If not, try watching some vlogs or Youtube examples of people signing to see it used in context.

This is a very good way to learn and improve speed. You must also sign to real people though, otherwise subtle errors become habits.

Another option for viewing signs is Signing Savvy | ASL Sign Language Video Dictionary.

YOUR is a directional sign, so you push it in the direction of the person or persons to whom you're referring.

WORK is the dominant fist tapping on the non-dominant fist. Remember to keep the palm orientation of both facing downward. WORK is an inflected verb, so remember to modify it (along with your mouth morphemes and expression) to indicate duration and degree.

The basic FEEL motion is a stroke of the bent middle finger upward on the chest.

Is there any way you can take an ASL class or socialize with real, living signers?

Thank you so much. It was hard to tell on asl.com which one to use. but i have one person that is trying to help me .. will go try utube too

Took a short class of asl years ago been going to asl.com phases . I need to find a class will have to check the college here.. I have been wanting to atend church but they dont sign or have close caption..

Took a short class of asl years ago been going to asl.com phases . I need to find a class will have to check the college here.. I have been wanting to atend church but they dont sign or have close caption..
Many more colleges are offering for credit and continuing ed ASL classes. Sometimes you have to dig to find them. I hope you can. It's much better to have an interactive class. :)

Many more colleges are offering for credit and continuing ed ASL classes. Sometimes you have to dig to find them. I hope you can. It's much better to have an interactive class. :)

Thanks Reba will continue to look .all i got was a voice message here at the college no class here..

Back