Experts on SSDI's

Presbyter

Reaction score
Reading articles at the Social Security website is quite large. I have so many options and each option calls for a different treatments. I have so many questions and not sure what I can do and can't do. How do you guys go about finding an expert to advise you on SSi and SSDI? Perhaps a layer can advise me on this complicated subject. How do I find such layer and where do I start? Do they charge consulting fees or are they free. How would I avoid bad lawyers. An you give me any advice on exerts of SSDI/SSI/SS?

you have to check in with your doctor first and get the result after the exams then go to SSA office and find out if you re a eligible candidate to be on SSI-SSDI

you have to check in with your doctor first and get the result after the exams then go to SSA office and find out if you re a eligible candidate to be on SSI-SSDI

Wow! You mean SS trust any doctor's option? I was thinking that SS would assign me a doctor associated to SS. I have an audiologist who knows me very well and I also have a family doctor but all he knows is that I lipread and I have to remove my hearing aids for ear exam. I wonder if my audiologist and my doctor can work together to report to SS. How does a doctor report to such agency? Do they have forms for disability? Would an audiologist qualify to report to SS on my disability status?

actually, all you need is to show up your local social security adm office. Of course calling them to make an appointment is a better way for you to have an interepreter. Then they will help you to fill out the claim and SS workers will send your medical information to SS's own doctors called "disability determination service" aka DDS. Then the DDS will contact you to have you come and see you in person to make sure that you do have disability. Once it is confirmed, DDS will inform to SS office either approval or denial the claims. i strongly suggest you to read Social Security Online - The Official Website of the U.S. Social Security Administration it is a very simple basic to explain it to you how or what to do with the claim. good luck

http://www.ssa.gov/pgm/links_disability.htm this link is for disability

. . . Of course calling them to make an appointment is a better way for you to have an interpreter. . . .

I don't know how to sign but wished I did. My parents pushed me toward the "hearing" environment since birth. I combine lipreading with my hearing aids. Please guess the chances of my hearing being: "* Average hearing threshold sensitivity for air conduction of 90 decibels or greater".
75 db at 250
80 db at 500
95 db at 750
105 db at 1000-off the chart
105 db at 1500-off the chart
105 db at 2000-off the chart
It was also written at the bottom of my test and it said:
Results: Severe to profound sensorineural (spell?) loss of hearing in both ears.

I'm being laid-off of 30 years and put a lot into the SS system. I believe my job hunting will be endless due to everyone looking for jobs and myself being the weakest link in phone communications and poor interviewing skills. I have no idea what "* Average hearing threshold sensitivity for air conduction of 90 decibels or greater" but it sounds like I fit this catagory.
Does this group think I fit this catagory?

Wow! You mean SS trust any doctor's option? I was thinking that SS would assign me a doctor associated to SS. I have an audiologist who knows me very well and I also have a family doctor but all he knows is that I lipread and I have to remove my hearing aids for ear exam. I wonder if my audiologist and my doctor can work together to report to SS. How does a doctor report to such agency? Do they have forms for disability? Would an audiologist qualify to report to SS on my disability status?

A recent copy of your audiogram and an appt with the closest SSA office is all you need to do at first and then go from there.

A recent copy of your audiogram and an appt with the closest SSA office is all you need to do at first and then go from there.

Well, I guess I sound soooo scared. It's not that. It seems that some SSDi'ers are saying that sometimes it's a one way street. If you don't do things right, you're screwed. It seems to me that I need to prepare myself to the best before I walk in to the SS. I heard so many final decisions made on the first impression. I have disability but I'm good at hiding it since I was brought up in the "hearing" environment. Some don't know it since I've had speech therapy and some know it right off the bat. They might say, "My god!, he can work!". Sure, I can remove my hearing aids and write on a tablet for communication. How embarrassing but possible.
From my first conversation with SS was that they told me to go through 30 weeks of severance pay and after that, go through 30 weeks of unemployment and then apply at the SS. My gosh! 30 weeks plus 30 weeks plus two years of SSDi and then I get Medicaid. Looks like I'm going to have to stay home and eat raw vegetables till I get on Medicaid. Besides, applying for unemployment shows I'm capable of working. I see a little contradiction here. With my hearing test, I tried the best to hear and might have jumped a few guns to hear better so my audiogram may show better than expected. Looks like I'm going to have to redo my audiogram to fit the real truth. If I hear it , I hear it, who cares. If I don't, I don't. My past audiograms show my hearing at my hyped-up energetic super-concentrated best.

Well, I guess I sound soooo scared. It's not that. It seems that some SSDi'ers are saying that sometimes it's a one way street. If you don't do things right, you're screwed. It seems to me that I need to prepare myself to the best before I walk in to the SS. I heard so many final decisions made on the first impression. I have disability but I'm good at hiding it since I was brought up in the "hearing" environment. Some don't know it since I've had speech therapy and some know it right off the bat. They might say, "My god!, he can work!". Sure, I can remove my hearing aids and write on a tablet for communication. How embarrassing but possible.
From my first conversation with SS was that they told me to go through 30 weeks of severance pay and after that, go through 30 weeks of unemployment and then apply at the SS. My gosh! 30 weeks plus 30 weeks plus two years of SSDi and then I get Medicaid. Looks like I'm going to have to stay home and eat raw vegetables till I get on Medicaid. Besides, applying for unemployment shows I'm capable of working. I see a little contradiction here. With my hearing test, I tried the best to hear and might have jumped a few guns to hear better so my audiogram may show better than expected. Looks like I'm going to have to redo my audiogram to fit the real truth. If I hear it , I hear it, who cares. If I don't, I don't. My past audiograms show my hearing at my hyped-up energetic super-concentrated best.

The decisions are not made on "first impressions." Your case will be evaluated on its own merit. Things that are considered are degree of disability, individual response to disability, functional limitations, and ability to earn an income.

Also, decisions are not final. They can be appealed.

Back