Experiences with couchsurfing and AirBnB?

JClarke

AD Veteran
Premium Member
Reaction score
Post away! I'm interested in any of the experiences of yours if you have done so. :wave:

AirBnB = 4 stars. always have positive experience with it.

CouchSurfing = my friend won and got sponsored by CouchSurfing so she traveled around the world for several months.

both services = excellent

AirBnB = 4 stars. always have positive experience with it.

CouchSurfing = my friend won and got sponsored by CouchSurfing so she traveled around the world for several months.

both services = excellent
Interesting!

Just have been wondering about these, since I have never used the service. Worth to see if it is worthy for the US trip? :hmm:

Interesting!

Just have been wondering about these, since I have never used the service. Worth to see if it is worthy for the US trip? :hmm:

OF COURSE!!!!!

I've never used couchsurfing but I assume it's pretty much same as AirBnB and my friends have used it. some places do not have homeowner living in there and just rent it out for drifters. so I would highly suggest picking a place with homeowner living in it because you get to have a conversation with them and most of them would offer to cook for you especially older couples or grandma :)

OF COURSE!!!!!

I've never used couchsurfing but I assume it's pretty much same as AirBnB and my friends have used it. some places do not have homeowner living in there and just rent it out for drifters. so I would highly suggest picking a place with homeowner living in it because you get to have a conversation with them and most of them would offer to cook for you especially older couples or grandma :)
couchsurfing as I have read is more of a free couch to sleep on comparing to airbnb renting cheaper than hotels. :hmm:

couchsurfing as I have read is more of a free couch to sleep on comparing to airbnb renting cheaper than hotels. :hmm:

yes correct - couchsurfing is sleeping on couch but in airbnb - you have bunch of choices. you can choose the one with sofa bed (or sofa) or a private room.

most of time when I travel myself, I use airbnb because I'd like a private room.

yes correct - couchsurfing is sleeping on couch but in airbnb - you have bunch of choices. you can choose the one with sofa bed (or sofa) or a private room.

most of time when I travel myself, I use airbnb because I'd like a private room.
It doesn't hurt to experience with the services? :hmm:

Let me know if you want to experience being a sissy locked away in a dungeon for the night. I can recommend a spot up near NYC for that.

Let me know if you want to experience being a sissy locked away in a dungeon for the night. I can recommend a spot up near NYC for that.
No need for NYC - I have gangis and Jiro :cool2: to stay with

Last Christmas, several families got scammed by someone via airbnb for reserving nice family sized cabins at Lake Tahoe. I was smart enough to not pay them through PayPal as they have requested me to do so. I spent about three days researching and found cabin through Lake Tahoe Accommodations. TripAdvisor/AirBnb/Couchsurfing are not always safe.

Last Christmas, several families got scammed by someone via airbnb for reserving nice family sized cabins at Lake Tahoe. I was smart enough to not pay them through PayPal as they have requested me to do so. I spent about three days researching and found cabin through Lake Tahoe Accommodations. TripAdvisor/AirBnb/Couchsurfing are not always safe.

you gotta read the reviews first

you gotta read the reviews first

He got plenty of fake reviews, trust me his advertisement looks so realistic and convincing.

Multiple families reserved the ads through him, then on Christmas week/weekends, they arrived at cabins that were already owned by families that are not for rent or anything. Big time awkward and disappointing Christmas vacation ever! Ouch.

reviews and other resources can assist in finding the right ones but yes, it is not safe however it is a worthy risk if you find the right one.

Back