Experience with back problems?

PurrMeow

Reaction score
I want to know if anyone has experience with back problems?

Last year I had "spasms" in my lower right back and my bf had to rushed me to ER and the dr gave me the med. cause I couldn't move when I had spasms.. I hate that and it was so painful but recently it began annoy me a lot of problems when I tried to stand longer but my back started hurting and I had to go to bed and lay down for an hour! That is really :rl: :rl: me a lot!

Oh yes I did have my back problem few times in the past. The worst part was my disc went out some. Yes it was very shape and had trouble walking for four months (first time) and for two weeks (second time) then a couple more times but last for a couple days each. To do abdominal exercise is very BEST to protest any back issues. I don't have anymore problem since several years ago now.

Last year I had "spasms" in my lower right back and my bf had to rushed me to ER and the dr gave me the med. cause I couldn't move when I had spasms.. I hate that and it was so painful but recently it began annoy me a lot of problems when I tried to stand longer but my back started hurting and I had to go to bed and lay down for an hour! That is really :rl: :rl: me a lot!

Yes, I had spasm in my lower back too. Mostly due to lifting up heavy things and being pregnant with a big baby. So now I am trying work out to straight out my back. I have to avoid lifting heavy stuff for a while. :)

OH HELL YES!

i have back lower problems still painful lots ever but im sure i getting more rest lots and i went to dr's office for first and second times about my lower back and dr give me medicine to help but its dont work out!

i know that not easy for me have painful my lower back!

Yes, I had back problem when I was pregnant with Danny. It was large and heavy to press my back... I know it's sucker!!!!

All what I do is lying on the couch to comfort my painful. This is so.

I was told that lying down for long periods of time makes back pain worse and that you should get up within 24 hours, take ibuprofen and move around. Apparently, backs need activity to be healthy and to heal up.

I've personally found that regular, gentle exercise (such as walking) is the best way to keep back pain at bay. Sitting down for long periods is not good for backs.

I've also found that abdominal exercises help a lot too.

Yes, I had back problem when I was pregnant with Danny. It was large and heavy to press my back... I know it's sucker!!!!

All what I do is lying on the couch to comfort my painful. This is so.

Ah I remember my 7 1/2 to 9 months pregnancy was no sleep that much. I had to buy a body pillow to make my belly more comfortable to sleep. I knew my back was gonna kill me ha. But I still get sure back when I don't sleep well enough. I refused back sugery that can lead to more back problems. :)

Ah I remember my 7 1/2 to 9 months pregnancy was no sleep that much. I had to buy a body pillow to make my belly more comfortable to sleep. I knew my back was gonna kill me ha. But I still get sure back when I don't sleep well enough. I refused back sugery that can lead to more back problems. :)

Oh yes, thank you for remind me about pillow. Yes, I got pillow to make my back pain comfortable. Until birth ... over... *Phew*....

Yes, back surgery doesn't solve anything but it would cause pain when you get older.

Ouch.. I have pain on my back with shoulder and neck too GGRRRR

Hope you feelling better :):)

I want share with you my experience of my back pain. I have been taking Lortab (pain killer) for two years and it not easy to start.

For starter; my suggest you to start relax muscle and pill name Aleve can find from store. If it doesn't improve for 2 days or the pain couldn't control.. you will need stronger pain pill to control your pain. Don't be ms/mr tough because it will increase your blood pressure.

My regret is that my family/primary care should refer me to doctor with spinal. You will need find "BEST" spinal doctor in your local. If your doctor isn't do anything good and got huge another pain again on same spot. My advise go to another ER and you will see different refer to ask which spinal doctor do they recommend. They will give you list.

So it your first page instead depend on primary care doctor... Don't go to therapy without see the spinal doctor. If you go without see doctor spinal and the more damaged will be tear or something. For example; you know donut with fill jelly around and when the jelly is all out and that will more tear and cry!

So I want share with this with you. So be sure you get proper treatment from spinal doctor that will refer you to right one. Not the family or primary care.

Few tips, be sure you wear proper shoe, not jogging shoe or walk. Get tennis or new balance shoe do work well. Have a pillow between your leg or get body pillow do help the best. Don't lay down belly on your bed which it not recommend or should not do it.

Want add notes why I say go to another ER. Their policy that have limited visiting for same pain area wouldn't assist you to control your pain.

I had my back on left hurt for a long time. So I had to excerise to stretch my back it did help. Then now on other right side back just got hurting all this week.<sighs> I ve to excerise every day to avoid from paining.

I damaged my back about 2 years ago from weight training. I was in a lot of pain, and could not sleep. So, I saw my physiotherapist and he gave me some tablets, but it didn't help at all.

Then someone recommended that I should see a "body manipulator". When I saw the body manipulator, he told me that my back is all out of place, so he pushed everything back into place. It took him about 10-15 minutes. As soon as I got off the bed, I was amazed how quickly he fixed my back, especially considering I was in pain for almost 2 weeks.

Now when people say that they have back pain, I can somewhat relate to what they are going through. It is said that people with back problems need to keep active. But, it easier said than done...

i have had back problems (spondilolesthesis--haha long i kno!) since i was about 8 so i knowww how that goes. U just need to be careful lifting and such, don't try to be a bigshot and carry something u kno u shouldn't. You shouldn't do high injury rate sports (even tho i do) lol but just kno ur limits. If u see a physio therapist they shud be able to tell u some good excercises to do at home.

^^^^ :werd: :)

Yeah, I think I injured myself because I was pushing myself too hard. My back injury cost me atleast 4 weeks lost training. So, pushing yourself too hard is not worth it. Know your limits. :)

There are lots of stretching exercises you can do that can reduce back injuries. Google! :)

Another friend of mine has a serious work related back problem. He recently found out that coffee was contributing to his back pain. He also told me that magnesium tablets are good for back problems. I guess it depends on the type of injury.

When I was still living in Wisconsin in the wintertime (2001) I slipped on black ice and hit my lower back on the front steps. It hurt! I've been having back problems ever since. I have to take painkillers to control the pain. I have tried physical therapy and hydrotherapy and it did not help at all. I have 2 injured discs at L3-L4 and at L4-L5. I have back spasms too.

I've had back problems a few times... mainly because I slept wrong.

I want share with you my experience of my back pain. I have been taking Lortab (pain killer) for two years and it not easy to start.

For starter; my suggest you to start relax muscle and pill name Aleve can find from store. If it doesn't improve for 2 days or the pain couldn't control.. you will need stronger pain pill to control your pain. Don't be ms/mr tough because it will increase your blood pressure.

My regret is that my family/primary care should refer me to doctor with spinal. You will need find "BEST" spinal doctor in your local. If your doctor isn't do anything good and got huge another pain again on same spot. My advise go to another ER and you will see different refer to ask which spinal doctor do they recommend. They will give you list.

So it your first page instead depend on primary care doctor... Don't go to therapy without see the spinal doctor. If you go without see doctor spinal and the more damaged will be tear or something. For example; you know donut with fill jelly around and when the jelly is all out and that will more tear and cry!

So I want share with this with you. So be sure you get proper treatment from spinal doctor that will refer you to right one. Not the family or primary care.

Few tips, be sure you wear proper shoe, not jogging shoe or walk. Get tennis or new balance shoe do work well. Have a pillow between your leg or get body pillow do help the best. Don't lay down belly on your bed which it not recommend or should not do it.

Footwear is VERY important...having the proper shoes makes all the difference. There's a doctor who is making these things that go under the feet (not sure what it is called). I've heard so many positive things from people with back problems who have tried this...I urged my mother to get some (they're like $200.00) and she did. She is thrilled that her back doesn't hurt nearly as much as it did before she started wearing these...things.

Yea my mom has trouble w/her's back so she just has surgery already last jan recently and stay home for 4 month till april she will go back to dr to check update to make sure if her's back are ok or not before go back to work again.

Also for my back are still little pain also have hard time to sleep :(

I do have problem with lower back either. I started to back pain when I was 23 years old after New Year Eve. I had lift too much weight at work. I had been stress out and emotional. I got van and bus crushed twice time. It cause pain in my middle back. I got a wrong sleep and restless. I sat on the floor cause pain my lower back. I went to chiropractic's doctor to adjust my back many times. When I got a new job at Fazoli's. It's too heavy lift about 10 pound on pasta and totes each. I fell down by box hit my neck. I got laid off. I don't have a job now. Last Nov before Thanksgiving, I had a bad lower back pain as hell. My fiance helped me to get stand up. It killed my lower back. I got a heating pad put on my back. My fiance bought an Icy and Heat pad to help my back pain less. I got a new job at Macy's. It's not bad. It's not really lifting. I was doing gift wrapping the Xmas presents. It's fun! I got a lower back pain again. I found it out I had an ulcerative colitis last January. I got throw up and diarrhea a lot. My fiance took me the hospital. I stayed there for 7 days. I took a morphine shot to kill the pain. I didn't like the morphine. It made me bad nightmare. After I got out of hospital. I felt better with back. Now, I have to exercise to get habit. My fiance made me to do exercise to stop get back pain.

Back