Excuse me, I got an attitude going...

DD...good ya gonna have the surgery... if ya didnt, ya might have to deal with the painful left knee for a long time till ya have had enough... that ya wont have to deal for a long time after the surgery... I'm glad ya will have the surgery so ya can recover from that in no time!!! Hope that goes well enough so ya dont have to have more pain later on..... good luck and do let us all know how ya doing ok?

All right, all right...I screwed up enough courage and called the orthopedic surgeon - I have an appointment for Monday, February 19, 2007 at 9:45 a.m. Happy now?

I feel like the Cowardly Kitten...*whimpers*

Great!!! Hope everything turns out good for you. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs))!!

All right, all right...I screwed up enough courage and called the orthopedic surgeon - I have an appointment for Monday, February 19, 2007 at 9:45 a.m. Happy now?

Oh good and hope turn it out goes good on your knee.. keep us update :)

So you'll definitely have surgery or they're going to look further more to decide if you need the surgery?

Actually, I asked DD and she explain about go to surgery doc for check her knee to see IF need to have surgery. :D

yea u told me abt this.. i pray for u and getting better soon before ^Angel^'s wedding :hug:

Well - I went to the doctor yesterday. The news aren't good, but not seriously bad. I have a crack in the kneecap which made the groove jump and make the knee joint lock up. That portion may have to be removed - and also on my other knee, it is now bone against bone. It means I no longer have cartilage protecting my joint.

The doctor has suggested a total knee joint replacement - and I have asked that it be put off until next year - two reasons: Angel and RoadRunner's wedding and the cruise later this fall. I will go back and see him Oct. 22nd, for shots and to start discussions on the surgeries.

I'm not too happy - but at least it gives me more time to lose more weight and to further strengthen my knees.

*sigh*

Well - I went to the doctor yesterday. The news aren't good, but not seriously bad. I have a crack in the kneecap which made the groove jump and make the knee joint lock up. That portion may have to be removed - and also on my other knee, it is now bone against bone. It means I no longer have cartilage protecting my joint.

The doctor has suggested a total knee joint replacement - and I have asked that it be put off until next year - two reasons: Angel and RoadRunner's wedding and the cruise later this fall. I will go back and see him Oct. 22nd, for shots and to start discussions on the surgeries.

I'm not too happy - but at least it gives me more time to lose more weight and to further strengthen my knees.

*sigh*

Awww damn!! I feel bad for you. :( You're doing so well with losing weight, I can't believe how great you're going with that also!! I'm impressed, I would drop my jaw on the ground when I see you in July. ;)

yea u told me on aim yesterday, i am sowwy abt that.. if u need me then u know how reach with me.. :hug:

Im still struggling with the news - although I find it eaiser to stick to my diet and exercise on the whole, although there are periods where I slack off big time.

As of now, my knee hurts constantly - Im on Daypro and Darvocet in order to alleviate the pain. Most of the time, it's not so bad, but at night...just a slight twisting action while shifting around on the bed can send shooting pain throughout my whole knee...that sucks big time.

Im also not allowed to exercise on the stairs anymore - I have to find other alternative exercises to stretch and strengthen my knee muscles and let me tell you, it's NOT EASY.

Ugh.

Aw DreamDeaf , have you talked to your doctor about giving you stronger pills for your pain during nighttime?....

ouch!!!!!!!!!!! i understand how u feel COMPLETELY! *remembers my own knee plms and had surgery recently* hugs!!!! hang in there!

Hey, I know how you feel...I was born with hip dysplasia and had 2 surgeries to fix that when I was very young. Now I am having problems with my left hip again and had to make an appt with a orthopedist myself (next week on Monday), I really hope I don't need another surgery! :-o

Back