Excited but scared

toffeekukki

Reaction score
I have my appointment for my new hearing aids, I find myself scared and not wanting. To go but also excited and looking Forward To being able to hear. I was not in time to ask to have my mould coloured but when i am asleep and dreaming or i think about what they will look and feel like, i imagine them as been blue.
Am I setting myself up for major disappointment or am I getting over excited ??
I also now have an extra worry. I used my alexa echo to make my appointment. I double checked my calendar and i now have 2 appointment on my calender on 2 different days. They both title hearing aids and both at the same time.
I know most people would say call to check ( i got this response on fb)
But i didn't get a letter and i have no means of contacting the hospital to double check my appointment.
I did ask my husband but his depression is so bad right now that even a simple phone call could make his mood drop.
Any suggestions would be a great help thanks for reading and any responses i receive :)

Thank you for sharing your struggle and your hearing aid appointments. You are not the only one to feel this way. I can understand your worry. May I ask when did you lose your hearing?
I just had a new mold for my hearing aid and now I’m feeling very comfortable with it. At first, I wasn’t sure if I like it but it took some time to get used to it. FYI I was born deaf but I can hear pretty good and just absolutely love my hearing aid. It is a must for me to wear it daily.
Maybe when you go for your first appointment, you could ask what is up for the 2nd appointment? That could help ease your worry.
You are in my prayers. Have a wonderful day!

I found out I needed aids in 2016 so I am very new, my appointment is in like 8 hours and I am kinda of on edge about going. Earlier today I also realized I also have physical therapy a few hours after I get my aids so I am super on edge but looking forward to hopefully hearing what people are saying to me.
I shall hopefully post later on how my first day has gone.

Also as my above stated I did manage to get the appointment checked. I went to my GP and they phoned the department for me. It was a bit of a pain as they expect my husband to don it. But after about 20mins of trying to explain I got what I needed.
There was also a mix up and I was given a wrong time. Or I possibly wrote the wrong time down. So I hope you guys find a solution if you ever need to use a phone and you can't hear to call them :)

Mistakes happens about a mix up and wrong time. I understand that you are very new to hearing aid. I'm just wondering if you can hear good. Reason I am asking is that there is a phone technology that you could call and still maintain your independence, not to have to depend on your husband. This device is called Captel. I used to have this before. It worked wonderfully! Perhap you could check into it? This device was paid by either DVR or TEPP (Telecommunication Equipment Purchase Program). Captel is almost like a phone with an exception of a third person party. Link is http://www.captel.com/. I don't know if this will help you. Just trying to help. Smile.
I used Sorenson Videophone. It's a videophone for the deaf and hard of hearing people to use it with the help of an interpreter. Not sure if you have heard of it. Link is http://www.sorenson.com/.
Hope this helps.
Keeping you in my prayers.
Have a great day! :)

I have lost track of where you live. If in the US and you have a cell phone what I like is InnoCaption. You get both the sound of the persons voice and captions of what they say. You reply using your voice. See for details and/or ask here: https://www.innocaption.com/
There is a good deal of information about the free service on their site so give yourself time to really go through it all.

Blue is a good color. I have blue hearing aid too. I had a Blue ear mold, BUT.... it split in half. :? Rats, they said that the color does not hold very well. They weren't kidding. oh well... If I had my way and I work in an environment where it was all deaf and hoh ... I would not wear my hearing aid. SOrry, I know off topic. Just thought I share my blue hearing aid with ya'll and toffeetukki :D

I all way try to get them to text or I show up in person to find out but I do ask friends or work mates certain people I can’t hear and it still bother me
But I love the coclear inplant so far I still have to change the way I do thing because I’m so a noisemaker . Hang in there if I can do it you can to
I wish you and your husband lots of luck cheers , hope to hear more from you

I have not updated this post, really sorry but I sometimes lose track of my posts and who replied where.
My appointment went great. I love my new aids. I no longer have issues with hearing the phone (unless I'm having quiet time)
(I was only aloud clear mould) but they Work which is a massive improvement on my old ones.
I can now also get some add on tech to help with hearing the door or needing or wanting to listen to music.
(I am kinda sleepy I just checked to see if I missed anything and came across this post)
Sorry if this makes no sense

Glad to hear that your appointment went well and that you like your new hearing aid! That's great! :)

I use internet relay when i need to 'talk' over the phone. If thats not available, i ask for a cell-phone no: I can text to, or the reception email.
Being a place that provides hearing aids - they should have those accomodations.

Back