Everything about iPhone

The presales will be starting this week with the phone arriving at Best Buy stores in the first week of October, not preorders starting in October. Best Buy is scheduled to have an Apple fixture installed at its retail stores on Friday, Oct. 21.

best-buy-mobile-iphone-5-sprint110904140827-645x481.jpeg

I knew that some rumors were most likely true. I think that Sprint will get contract-free US iPhone 5 at launch.

Sprint to announce LTE Plans on October 7? - I4U News

Hoping for LTE on the iPhone 5. Sadly probably won't happen.

I dont care when date will release. All, I want to know what specs iPhone5 will have?

Contract free iPhone 5? Dude, that sounds like iPhone is going to eventually be a pre-paid phone or Apple may be releasing pre-paid versions that have a smaller capacity and have cloud storage instead of storage on the phone.

I can see Apple releasing an iPhone 'lite' that has no 3G data but will connect to wifi for Internet access so all you have to pay for is the phone service and texting.

What do you think?

CONFIRMED iPhone 5 & iPhone 4S Specs

Macrumors said:

Hello all,

My father is an Engineer at Apple and gave me a few details about the upcoming iPhone models. I had to beg him for a while before he'd even budge. There will in fact be two new iPhones introduced this year. He doesn't know the exact names, but we'll just call them the iPhone 5 and 4S since they make the most sense for this discussion.

iPhone 5:
4.5 Inch S-IPS Display (Apparently being called Retina Plus)
Resolution 1920x1280 (Basically double that of the iPhone 4)
512MB RAM
1Ghz Dual-Core A5 Processor
4G LTE Compatibility!
Nearly an edge to edge display
7.9mm thick with a tapered design (He said like the MacBook Air)
"Gesture" based home button

Apple will market the iPhone 5 as "ushering in a new era of smartphones and mobile based computing". They are putting a major emphasis on productivity based apps this time around (Yes, that means big upgrades to iWorks, iMovie, etc.) and want this to be a big hit with the business crowd.

iPhone 4S:
Exact same design as the iPhone 4
A tad thinner
Same specs but with an improved battery and antennas
8GB model will be free on contract, 16GB will be $99.

He says the invites will go out this week.

But I don't know what date Tim Cook will announce about new items this month or next???

I wonder that video streaming could work with Hulu w/CC on iPad (not HULU Plus) ???

What's about iSwifter app for your iPad?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjAkSun4-so]Working video on Hulu.com with CC on iPad 2 - YouTube[/ame]

But Hulu has blocked the IP's emanating from iSwifter in several months ago. Hulu has required users to get Hulu Plus for paying monthly charge at $9.95. I won't pay for it.

Incorrect, it is $7.99 per month.

Chevy57 said:
iPhone 5: 4.5 Inch S-IPS Display (Apparently being called Retina Plus)

4.5 inches? Wow, I might get 4S due I have a problem to hold HTC 4.3 in. smartphone and my left hand isn't good. But I will see how it feel to holding.

I'm not betting this rumor to be true. I seriously doubt Apple will release two iPhones in the same year. Why? A lot of the parts for the iPhone are made in Japan. Remember the earthquake/tsunami/nuke disaster? I seriously doubt they will have enough parts to releast TWO iPhones. Also, anybody can say their momma/daddy/kittycat/whomever 'works for Apple'. They just didn't specify what position. For all we know this guy's 'daddy' may just be a janitor that works the evening shift.

If Apple releases anything special this year - aside from the iPad 2, it will be an iPhone 'Lite' that is smaller.

I don't see them redesigning the iPhone so soon. From what I understand, everyone likes the sleek design of the iPhone 4.

My iPhone 4 (16GB) cost $300 with a contract, why would a 'slightly smaller' iPhone with the same design and capacity sell for $99 under contract? It doesn't sound like anything Apple would do. Just this summer they released the iPhone 3GS to sell for $49 under contract with AT&T; that phone has been out for at least three years that I'm aware of.

Sorry dude - that one seems pretty out there.

I'm not betting this rumor to be true. I seriously doubt Apple will release two iPhones in the same year. Why? A lot of the parts for the iPhone are made in Japan. Remember the earthquake/tsunami/nuke disaster? I seriously doubt they will have enough parts to releast TWO iPhones. Also, anybody can say their momma/daddy/kittycat/whomever 'works for Apple'. They just didn't specify what position. For all we know this guy's 'daddy' may just be a janitor that works the evening shift.

If Apple releases anything special this year - aside from the iPad 2, it will be an iPhone 'Lite' that is smaller.

I don't see them redesigning the iPhone so soon. From what I understand, everyone likes the sleek design of the iPhone 4.

My iPhone 4 (16GB) cost $300 with a contract, why would a 'slightly smaller' iPhone with the same design and capacity sell for $99 under contract? It doesn't sound like anything Apple would do. Just this summer they released the iPhone 3GS to sell for $49 under contract with AT&T; that phone has been out for at least three years that I'm aware of.

Sorry dude - that one seems pretty out there.

made in Japan?

Read your iPhone's back.

I remembered when First iPhone 4 released from the VZ network and I bought it right away and some of AD user told me no no you should not buy it, better wait till summer for new iPhone 5 or whatever it's called. So nothing happen. :laugh2: So I am happy with my iPhone even 3G. Believe or not, Netflix is very smooth and clear thru 3G and Tango looks not bad thru 3G (No WIFI). So I don't hurry to buy a new iPhone for 4G since there is not enough coverage for 4G in the USA even my area do not have 4G yet. Probably 4G will become almost anywhere in the USA in 3-5 years later.

Do you know the specifications to the iPhone 5? If so message me on FB! I cannot find anywhere and hardly on AD anymore.

made in Japan?

Read your iPhone's back.

I remembered when First iPhone 4 released from the VZ network and I bought it right away and some of AD user told me no no you should not buy it, better wait till summer for new iPhone 5 or whatever it's called. So nothing happen. :laugh2: So I am happy with my iPhone even 3G. Believe or not, Netflix is very smooth and clear thru 3G and Tango looks not bad thru 3G (No WIFI). So I don't hurry to buy a new iPhone for 4G since there is not enough coverage for 4G in the USA even my area do not have 4G yet. Probably 4G will become almost anywhere in the USA in 3-5 years later.
On the back of my phone in fine print it says ASSEMBLED IN CHINA. That just means, the phone was put together in China. The parts to assemble the phone come from Japan.

On the back of my phone in fine print it says ASSEMBLED IN CHINA. That just means, the phone was put together in China. The parts to assemble the phone come from Japan.

Almost 90% of electrics made from China.

Where you find a info that parts made from Japan?

Almost 90% of electrics made from China.

Where you find a info that parts made from Japan?

The camera that is used in the iPhone is made by Sony, which is a Japanese company. All Sony products are manufactured in Japan.

Lurking deep within the phone, the A4 processor, manufactured by Samsung, is the centralized unit that provides the iPhone 4 with the much needed computing power.

Samsung is a South Korean company based in Seoul, South Korea.

the new 3 axis gyroscope that I believe is designed and manufactured by ST Micro for Apple. ST Micro is an Italian-French electronics and semiconductor manufacturer headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland.

Skyworks SKY77542 Tx–Rx iPAC™ FEM for Dual-Band GSM/GPRS: 880–915 MHz and 1710–1785 MHz bands.

Skyworks is a semiconductor company headquartered in Woburn, Massachusetts.

TriQuint TQM676091 TriQuint is an American company based in Hillsboro, Oregon.

Samsung K9PFG08 flash memory - again, Samsung a South Korean company.

Cirrus Logic 338S0589 audio codec (Apple branded). This is the same part as in the iPad. - Cirrus Logic is based in Austin, Texas.

Texas Instruments 343S0499 Touch Screen Controller - Texas Instruments is based in Dallas, Texas.

Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and GPS are all provided by Broadcom - The company is headquartered in Irvine, California, USA.

The front glass panel of the iPhone is reported to be constructed of Corning Gorilla Glass. It is based in Corning, NY. They are also the makers of Pyrex glassware.

I was able to locate an entire iPhone 4 parts list from this site:
iPhone 4 Teardown - iFixit

I used Wikipedia to locate the companies named and mentioned.

As for the Sony tidbit - I recalled reading that in the news after the Japan quake and it mentioned that the new iPhone released may be delayed for some time as this part is manufactured in Japan.

So - I guess this post proved BOTH of us wrong!!! Most of the parts are American, only assembled into an iPhone via cheap labor in China.

There is difference in parts originating from China and being assembled in China.

The parts are likely shipped to China from other countries, then they are assembled together in China to form the iPhone.

Back