Equality

I don't feel equal. I feel superior compared to humans. MUHAHAHA.

That compels me to ask you: As an outsider, what do you think of the human race? :lol:

I do appreciate your brutal honest opinion but that also has made me come up with a question. How can we be diverse but yet, still remain equal in order to enforce the unity?

Love one other, then there will be no need to another step. But one needs to love oneself before being able to love another. In the absence of love (which is very different than what man claims to feel for a woman) everything will become a problem. In the presence of love this question will be unnecessary.

It is not the differences that creates division , and conflict. The conflict is there , because the human mind is in conflict. This conflict of human mind reflects outside as a division. One of the biggest mistake human kind does is to believe this is a problem that can be solved outside. Tens of thousands years of history proved them wrong. No matter what kind of advancement human achieved in social, cultural and technological fields, this problem always remains. Because the real conflict is not outside.

Three thousand years ago there was two words engraved entrance of Delphi Temples: "Know Yourself". The one who doesnt know himself will be in conflict. The one who is in conflict will know no love.

-

Love one other, then there will be no need to another step. But one needs to love oneself before being able to love another. In the absence of love (which is very different than what man claims to feel for a woman) everything will become a problem. In the presence of love this question will be unnecessary.

It is not the differences that creates division , and conflict. The conflict is there , because the human mind is in conflict. This conflict of human mind reflects outside as a division. One of the biggest mistake human kind does is to believe this is a problem that can be solved outside. Tens of thousands years of history proved them wrong. No matter what kind of advancement human achieved in social, cultural and technological fields, this problem always remains. Because the real conflict is not outside.

Three thousand years ago there was two words engraved entrance of Delphi Temples: "Know Yourself". The one who doesnt know himself will be in conflict. The one who is in conflict will know no love.

-

I'd be inclined to agree with you about "loving yourself before loving others" in order to reduce the conflict and the division. By solving it out on the outside may have been proven wrong but, in order to see the equality itself in a human race, how would it be possible to create a dynamic spark that can bring it together? If it wasn't there, then it isn't.

So, with that said, Why is it hard to see that equality can be here but yet, it isn't seen in many parts? Is it because even though one may love him/herself before others, it will still create a conflict not only because there are a lot of views that are presented one way or another.

-

Know Thyself.

Love yourself before love one other.

Old school philosophy. Pure Poetry.

Equality works both ways.

I've been rejected by other groups because I'm not part of that group.

It's like those cultural clubs at NTID. I've had a few students give me a hard time because I wasn't black, Asian, or foreign. I've had a few students give me a hard time because I'm not deaf enough. I've had some students give me a hard time because I'm not gay or am not a woman.

I went to a rape conference. It was a general conference where people could get together and talk about rape. No, it's not just rape experience... but what could or should be done as well as the emotional impact that could happen. It was designed to help prepare students in case rape did occur. I went as a volunteer for work. There were only 2 guys there... me and a gay guy. All the women kept giving me a hard time cuz I was a guy. "Oh, guys are never raped. They can't be raped. You have no part in this meeting! You don't understand anything!"

I went to this meeting involving Asian students. I was only there as an observer. A few weeks later, I went to a friend's apartment for a small social gathering as well as making cookies for an upcoming party. One other person there was part of this organization as a student advisor. He knew I was observing those meetings and asked me what I observed. So, I told him what I observed. Unfortunately, what I observed were not what he expected (not following parliamentarian procedure, no respect, etc). He expressed his concern to their next meeting. A few days later, I was with a friend minding my own business when one of their members approached me and yelled at me saying, "You have no right to talk about our meeting! You're not part of us. Don't talk about us!"

I was part of an deaf assembly of student organizations and clubs. I was parliamentarian. It was difficult because students wouldn't listen to me. Since I was not "deaf enough", I had no right to judge their errors in operating parliamentarian procedures.

I'd be inclined to agree with you about "loving yourself before loving others" in order to reduce the conflict and the division. By solving it out on the outside may have been proven wrong but, in order to see the equality itself in a human race, how would it be possible to create a dynamic spark that can bring it together? If it wasn't there, then it isn't.

So, with that said, Why is it hard to see that equality can be here but yet, it isn't seen in many parts? Is it because even though one may love him/herself before others, it will still create a conflict not only because there are a lot of views that are presented one way or another.

A person can change herself, but you can not change masses. Now look at it and you will see nobody wants to change himself. Everybody talks about changing countries, changing "other side", changing their neighbor. Everybody wants next person to change , but nobody really looks at himself. So this dream of creating something outside that can change the world through a better way is not only an illusion , its also something people hold onto for escaping from facing themselves.

Lets give an example together. If I come here and you tell me "Hermes I dont want hearing people here" , I would think "why , are we not equal?". Now there are couple different things I can do after this point. I can think deaf people see themselves superior, and try to change it. This is the beginning of the division for me (not for you, yours started when you told me you didnt want me here). Of course my attempts of changing you will fail. The division and conflict between us will get bigger. Action will be followed by reaction, and we both will hold each other responsible.

Or, when you said you do not want me here, instead of moving my thoughts outside towards you, I can look at myself. I can ask myself how it makes me feel, when I am told, I was not wanted by you. If it disturbs me, I can ask why it disturbs me. I can observe this and see what are the roots of this in me. Because no matter what you say , if your words didnt have an equivalent they touch in me, they wouldnt bother me at the first point. Making this observation I can see the conflict, and division in me, which was always there, hiding , but was never noticed before . Now I can realize this division was already in me , and my reaction, my anger towards you was just a reflection of it. Once seeing it, I can end this conflict in me, I can achieve self unity. This is not a one time thing though. There will be other things that touches me, and I should keep observing myself.

Once this self conflict ends, your words wont find their equivalent in me. I am not disturbed by you anymore. I am not affected by the state of your mind. Because I am not part of it anymore, this will end the division and conflict outside for me too. Changing you is not a goal after this point.

This is the difference between living in division and unity, but it is against everything people believe in. To them the other side is the cause of all problems. Once one believes in it, one will live in conflict forever. We can not change it. We can talk about it and perhaps couple people will get inspired, but thats it, and nothing more. But it doesn't matter, because our life doesn't depend on other people's actions and reactions anymore. We can just let the world be, and protect our self unity.

Love
Hermes

Back