elementary kid suspended just for long hair?...

Pretty stupid. I hope from the media exposure, they change their mind in a hurry.

It's dumb school policy ever.

It is same situation about Alabama School for the Deaf don't allow boys to have long hair, even no beard or mustache are allowed either, if not comply with policy so have to enroll at hearing school. It is unfair because many hearing school in Alabama does allow boys to have long hair.

Eh? It's December.

Wouldn't the school have noticed that his hair was getting too long?

Also, I look at the video and his hair doesn't even look that long. I have a friend whose kid has hair A LOT longer than that. Even I had hair longer than that when I was 12 years old!

Should we spend the day teaching the kids or fighting with them over the length of their hair?

Ah, heck, I didn't want to bother teaching anything today anyway.

Unless this school is private, I can't believe they consider that "Long"

but on the other hand, I doubt the boy will wear hair clip to keep his hair away from his face like some girls do.

School went for extreme and what's wrong with school today!! It's akin to bringing butter knife to school!!

I had a long hair back in 70's and rat tail back in 80's even several of my friends too (In elementary, middle and high school). In other High School under my school district did have many hippie kids with long hair.

School need to change their attitude about kids with long hair. It's their freedom of expression. IF their parent prefer to keep that way, it's their decision.

Education is what it counts, not disciplinarian school!

Public school are not Catholic school!!

Dumb!! :crazy:

What a waste of our tax money to school just over it!!

:mad2::slap:

Catty

The school official Laura Jobes stated "Our dress code is designed to minimize distractions in the classroom"... funny, I thought HER hairstyle was distracting!!!

School went for extreme and what's wrong with school today!! It's akin to bringing butter knife to school!!

I had a long hair back in 70's and rat tail back in 80's even several of my friends too (In elementary, middle and high school). In other High School under my school district did have many hippie kids with long hair.

School need to change their attitude about kids with long hair. It's their freedom of expression. IF their parent prefer to keep that way, it's their decision.

Education is what it counts, not disciplinarian school!

Public school are not Catholic school!!

Dumb!! :crazy:

What a waste of our tax money to school just over it!!

:mad2::slap:

Catty

Of course, I had felt that principal is very dumb to make strict dress code for children, I don't support mandatory school uniforms either and it don't help any kids to learn like happened to LA, Houston, Dallas, Birmingham, Baltimore, Detroit or any communities are urban with heavily poor blacks and hispanics, usually associated with city school district.

For deaf school, I know that Alabama, Georgia (in Cave Spring), Mississippi and Louisiana does require to wear school uniform, however MSSD is used to had policy but not anymore.

Lame. I see nothing wrong with boys having long hair.

If I have a boy child of my own, I will allow him to grow his hair out, because I don't want to cut his hair unless he wants it cut. It'd be sad to cut those beautiful locks of hair that the little boy has. Why not just institute a policy that it has to be pulled back with a band, away from his face? I mean, I don't see how that long hair is distracting anyone. It's not like it's been dyed blue. It's just HAIR, for shit's sake! They just want CONTROL.

Of course, I had felt that principal is very dumb to make strict dress code for children, I don't support mandatory school uniforms either and it don't help any kids to learn like happened to LA, Houston, Dallas, Birmingham, Baltimore, Detroit or any communities are urban with heavily poor blacks and hispanics, usually associated with city school district.

For deaf school, I know that Alabama, Georgia (in Cave Spring), Mississippi and Louisiana does require to wear school uniform, however MSSD is used to had policy but not anymore.

They did that because people actually tease you if you don't dress right. I grew up poor and I couldn't wear the latest fashion at all. people used to go "ewww, did you see the way she dress" I think they want kids to learn that it's the inside that count, not the outside.

Plus, you will grow up wearing uniform at work anyhow.

They did that because people actually tease you if you don't dress right. I grew up poor and I couldn't wear the latest fashion at all. people used to go "ewww, did you see the way she dress" I think they want kids to learn that it's the inside that count, not the outside.

Plus, you will grow up wearing uniform at work anyhow.

Not had been much problem to me when grew up in 1990's.

Not every job has uniform policies, some of them have proper dress code.

School and job are separated so I'm talking about school, even many college has no uniform so it compare with apple to orange.

you mean you would wear plaided bottoms and other 70's clothes because it was all it had in thrift stores

That's stupid policy! That is nothing wrong with long hair for boys in style. He don't have a long hair on his back or butt at all. I don't like the district school's control kids with hairs. :roll: I like the boy's hair with bang and shag in style. The Mohawk boy got suspend from school for Mohawk hair. And even dead locks hair too.

I feel bad about the kid, when I was in high school (a year ago) there was a teacher who hated me! I was always on detention because I have short hair and she didn't want me to be in my break time walking around the field, she was insane! My hair isn't that short, but peruvian teenagers usually have long hair, so I was the "freak" at high school... Dress code = discrimination. At least, for me.

Back