Educating Deaf Children

GrendelQ

41°17′00″N 70°04′58″W
Premium Member
Reaction score
I find this site to be an invaluable resource, as the parent of a deaf child: Educating Deaf Children. It's a rare unbiased resource with responses to questions backed by independent research. Resources include parent questions and answers from experts, captioned (and some signed) videos detailing legal rights for deaf children, IEP support, educational interpreting info.. They describe it far better than I do:

This website was created to serve as a source of factual information for parents, teachers, and others interested in the raising and educating of deaf and hard-of-hearing children. It has no philosophical orientation or agenda beyond being able to offer evidence-based answers to questions aimed at improving opportunities and outcomes for deaf and hard-of-hearing children children. Drawing on high-quality, peer-reviewed research, the site is dedicated to providing a better understanding of the strengths and needs of deaf children rather than perpetuating myths and misunderstandings.

Questions will be answered by members of the Center for Education Research Partnerships (at the National Technical Institute for the Deaf), members of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Deaf Studies and Deaf Education, or one of a group of international experts who has volunteered to participate in this project. The Web site also has a calendar to list upcoming events of related interest. Submissions from the community are encouraged.

The Web site is sponsored in part by the Daisy Marquis Jones Foundation in Rochester, N.Y. and receives additional funding from Oxford University Press.

I find this site to be an invaluable resource, as the parent of a deaf child: Educating Deaf Children. It's a rare unbiased resource with responses to questions backed by independent research. Resources include parent questions and answers from experts, captioned (and some signed) videos detailing legal rights for deaf children, IEP support, educational interpreting info.. They describe it far better than I do:

thanks..good info and advice!

Great site, should be very helpful for parents with questions and concerns.

Back