eBike ...

GadgetJim57

Reaction score
Does anyone else ride an eBike ? I should be picking up my first eBike next week …. I have to drive to Oregon to get it ….. I don't have a car (gave up driving around 10 years ago). Will be great to get on the road again …..

From one bike enthusiast to another: I bike all over the place, but no motor. I think it would be fun to really extend range just by adding pedal assist.

Does that count? :)

Nice to meet a fellow cyclist ! My eBike has pedal assist. I can also ride just like a regular bicycle, but I might not be able to pedal much. My eBike will weight 124 pounds with the batteries, but not counting all the other stuff …. Heavy-duty custom battery box … 12-pound New York Kryptonite Chain Lock … 2 heavy-duty cables with heavy padlocks … extra cables and locks to secure my seat, rack and panniers ….. headlights … taillights … turn signals … brake lights … AirZound Air Horn … Surly Nice front rack … Surly Big Dummy Panniers … Ortlieb front panniers … and more …. My eBike will probably weight around 150 pounds with no cargo.

Nice to meet a fellow cyclist ! My eBike has pedal assist. I can also ride just like a regular bicycle, but I might not be able to pedal much. My eBike will weight 124 pounds with the batteries, but not counting all the other stuff …. Heavy-duty custom battery box … 12-pound New York Kryptonite Chain Lock … 2 heavy-duty cables with heavy padlocks … extra cables and locks to secure my seat, rack and panniers ….. headlights … taillights … turn signals … brake lights … AirZound Air Horn … Surly Nice front rack … Surly Big Dummy Panniers … Ortlieb front panniers … and more …. My eBike will probably weight around 150 pounds with no cargo.

Have you had a chance to try with all that weight? I seems to me it would make it much harder to balance.

Lol, quite the difference! My bike is so light I can pick it up with a finger. But I love that both of us are taking on the world outside of the four wheel paradigm!

Have you had a chance to try with all that weight? I seems to me it would make it much harder to balance.

I used to ride motorcycles, which are much heavier than my eBike. So, there will be no problem with balancing. A 150-pound eBike is nothing compared to the weight of a motorcycle !!!

Lol, quite the difference! My bike is so light I can pick it up with a finger. But I love that both of us are taking on the world outside of the four wheel paradigm!

I met a local cyclist who had a titanium bicycle. It was light enough I could pick it up with two fingers. He had almost nothing on his bike though. I saw a bicycle in the bike shop, I think it was a Canon, price tag = $7,000.00 !!! I could pick that bike up with one finger !!!

I have a tandem but its at my dad's place as I have nowhere to put it and no front rider at present.

I have a tandem but its at my dad's place as I have nowhere to put it and no front rider at present.

Tandem sounds like a great idea. Less peddle effort for someone that sees well and help with staying in line for someone with sight problems. And someone to share the fun for both. I have never gotten to try a tandem but wonder if it doesn't take some practice to balance with two riders rather than the one I have done.

There are people who tour on their tandem bicycles ….. One family of four … mother with one child on one tandem bicycle … father on another tandem bicycle with a second child.

I've never seen a bicycle like these before ….. Hybrid Tandem-Recumbent bicycles ….. Family of four, traveling with their two children for one year >>>

Another family of four riding the well-known traditional tandem bicycles with their two children around Europe through four countries >>>

I used to go riding with my family all the time. Not on the tandem though. We all had our own bikes. I only started using a tandem when I lost my sight. Dad used to ride it but now he's getting old.

I just purchased ebike last fall. it weight 60 lbs. I used it for pleasant trip in Oregon sometime except winter season.

I use hilltoper, had a learning curve with batteries, there customer service is excellent, good batteries aren't cheap, it's a peddle assist, some touring cyclist pass me with ease, I average 14-15 mph, the bike routes here have a 15 mph speed limit:h5:

Got new ebike this spring Bintelly, 350 what 36 amp, was having trouble getting parts from China, this one from Italy, parts from Tiwon, had to learn few new things but all in all an ok upgrade, so far so good.

On the lite?light bicycles, had one once they don't hold up to weight or vibration, had frame breaks didn't last, my new bike is heavy duty, designed for 265 lbs. which is good my self and cargo run 260+ daily trip to town and back 8-10 miles with one mile gravel road, weekend 20 miles round trip to laundry:2c:

Been thinking about maybe getting one of these bikes for power assist....

Back