Easter Basket Ideas

deafbajagal

Reaction score
I need some fresh ideas on themes to make an Easter Basket for my four year old and nine year old girls.

I've done:
* "Beach" (Beach towel, sand toys, water bottle, beach hat, shovel/pail, etc.)
* "Ladybug" (Ladybug dress, shoes, stuffed ladybug, etc.)
* "Ballet" (tutu, ballet shoes, ballet books/movie, etc.)
* "Alice in Wonderland" (stuffed rabbit, tea party set, etc.)
* "Rainy Day Fun" (Duck with raincoat (<-- ADORABLE! seriously), raincoat, rain boots, umbrella, etc.)
* "Bath Time Fun" (Cute bath towels with hoodies, soap crayons, etc.)

What to do this year? :dunno:

Spring theme.... Bubbles, Sidewalk chalk, jump ropes, Sunglasses, Outdoor toys.

Does the girls have their own favorites? that would be add some thrills for them!

Great idea...never thought of that! Both of my boys likes penguins! So I'll get them DVD Happy Feet and not sure if they have DS/Wii game for it. Gotta to find stuffed penguins! LOL!

I bought a designer handbag and stuffed it with fake grass, plastic Easter eggs with $1 bills in them, some candy, some make-up, perfume, and a novel for my daughter last year. She totally loved it!

I am not sure what to do for them this year. I have spring break the week before Easter so I will be able to come up with something creative when relaxed.

Bling Bling basket. Gold necklace, diamond studded braclets, eggs with $100's in them, etc...

I brought my daughter a necklace that her she liked one Easter . She wanted to wear the necklace to her prom , it was not gold it was sliver, my daughter was really happy to find it in her basket!

My parents celebrated all the holidays growing Easter, Passover etc. We only had the Easter meal and hunted eggs. My dad came from Russia and his family went days without having enough food to eat. So dad celebrated all the holidays so he would not miss out on any food! My daughter believed in the Easter bunny and I saw no harm in buying her an Easter basket. The holidays was one of the rare time my dad was not drunk and our family had fun. I wanted to hold on those memories as we did not have a lot of good one growing up! !

I guess that's your business. I raise my child to be Jewish and I don't see the need to compensate for whatever Christian holiday he's "missing" out on.

It's OK to be different sometimes.

*edit I'm not trying to sound mean. I just don't understand it.

I guess that's your business. I raise my child to be Jewish and I don't see the need to compensate for whatever Christian holiday he's "missing" out on.

Nothing wrong with it, I don't think it's a big deal either.

It was not about missing out on a Christian holiday , my dad had no food growing up in Russia , he wanted he eat any food he felt like having! He worked hard to not be poor and hungry and I can understand where my dad was coming from. Food meant success to my dad and he used any excuse to have a big meal! Being dirt poor can really have impact on a person!

I grew up hungry, too, but I don't celebrate other people's holidays! :P It's your business. Your kid. :)

When I was a kid, I woke up and tried to find an easter basket. I couldn't find it at first. When I return to my bed and there.... hanging on my headboard was a small bicycle basket filled with goodies. I missed it completely when I woke up.

Another easter, my sisters (I am the youngest by several years) planned this one. When I woke up, they gave me an end of the string with instruction that I follow the string. I took up the string as I go along. The string was all over the living room, around the chair leg/ table leg, etc. Of course the string lead me to the well-hidden basket.

You could make it a treasure hunt. Give them a map to it.

Back