Earwear... Style/Bling Pics

soutthpaw

Reaction score
Thought it would be fun to have a gallery of Hearing Aid and CI style pics. I'm posting in Deaf Culture rather than the HA and CI forum because it seems to be a Cultural thing. Most culturally Hearing try to hide their Earwear. Whereas Deaf show it off. Walk around any Deaf school or event if you don't think so.

Here is mine. The blue and white is very old one.
11f6ea98eef9c877b2fb22b8a7fe0663.jpg

12691648e5ded97731a3abbd569e2c1a.jpg

d60ad7955da48988f13d303e71d76122.jpg

For me, Earmolds are more comfortable than that awful generic snug-fit or mic-lock that Cochlear offers. I also have sensitive ears that even a full day wearing the CI hanging on my ear without a mold to support it gives me a sore red spot where the hook rests.

I think the generic ear mold would be feed backing on all the time , I have very powerful HA and need good fixing ear molds.

I think the generic ear mold would be feed backing on all the time , I have very powerful HA and need good fixing ear molds.
As I understand it the open fit only.work with mild to moderate loss. You are correct about the feedback. My old man has those little triangle HA with the open fit Earmolds

uzp1.jpg

Here's today, but I have a new earmold on order in Seattle Seahawks colors.

My avatar shows my HAs and I have clear molds with blue glitter.
I'm late-deafened and have never tried to hide my HAs. I'm sure I'm in the minority in that regard. I used to wear beads & charms on my HAs but got out of the habit since I've never been big on wearing jewelry.

As I understand it the open fit only.work with mild to moderate loss. You are correct about the feedback. My old man has those little triangle HA with the open fit Earmolds

I wanted the little triangle HA but they're not powerful enough for me. My ear mold has no opening I can't wear them too much feed back .

OMG LOVE the tiger print earmold.... I'd KILL for that in purple!

OMG LOVE the tiger print earmold.... I'd KILL for that in purple!

I wanted a triangle HA in an animal print , I was disappointed when I was told they were not powerful enough for me. I have one year more before my insurance will pay for new HA , I am going to see if I can an animal print this time. I could care less if some people think it odd someone my age wearing a purple HA and ear mold. I been wearing boring HA too long, I wanted a fun color.

Seems like they're cutting back on the number of colors for hearing aids. If I get the ones my audi is recommending (if Voc Rehab pays for them), I'll get black ones because they don't have blue ones. :(

Seems like they're cutting back on the number of colors for hearing aids. If I get the ones my audi is recommending (if Voc Rehab pays for them), I'll get black ones because they don't have blue ones. :(

The only neat ones I have seen lately are the Phonak Sky Q targeted to children, and they are pretty pricey.

yeah the only ones that are mostly colors anymore are for kids :(
Adults get the boring spectrum from black to beige (if that's really beige...) to silver.

Hmm should have asked for black! Next set if it ever happens need to get something I can SEE without my glasses lol.

Colored tube also? Never seen that, That's very cool

I have light purple tube but when I had a new tube put on the woman put a plain one . She was coving for my audi , I will glad when he get back from his trip b/c the other audi had no idea what she was doing.

Back