Earplugs recommendation needed for a person with sensitive hearing

AysunnyWonderfulDay

Reaction score
Hello, I have a hearing condition called hyperacusis and I've been looking for the best earplugs I can get. I avoid going out this time because I am a bit of a paranoid when it comes to getting COVID19. So... I just want to know if anyone here tried buying? They are called Big Ear and they offer home service for molding your ears for custom hearing protection and then they'll mail the product within a few weeks. They also do have instructions for DIY molding where they'll send a molding kit then you'll mold your ears and send back the kit with the molds. Some of their products are really intriguing and of course, I'd love to know if anyone here tried their products yet.

Any other recommendation?

When I do some shooting I just wear big ears.

In NSSA Artillery live fire at Winchester Virginia in annual shoots it does not matter, just turn hearing aids off. THUMP!

I have however a situation where if I am a noisy place long enough, I want quiet and will go as far as I need to until I find it.

There was a blogger I saw some where back awile that did that can't remember what they thought but wasn't horabel if I remember correctly, think I'm remembering it was that girl that does deaf music videos, think she must be getting close to graduating college by now,try ElletheEncourager she may be able to help:2c:

I haven't used that company but many companies offer earmolds by mail for hearing aids. It is easy to do your impressions and then send to back for them to make the final product.

There was a blogger I saw some where back awile that did that can't remember what they thought but wasn't horabel if I remember correctly, think I'm remembering it was that girl that does deaf music videos, think she must be getting close to graduating college by now,try ElletheEncourager she may be able to help:2c:
That is a kind thing to say and I appreciate your vote of confidence. I will admit ignorance on this one. Which is the best I'm unsure, I have known Roadies (People that work on tour with bands and such) that had custom ear molds for protection. Sounds like others on this thread have endorsed the Big Ears. Good luck, WonderfulDay :)

I wear Big Ear's filtered earplug now to protect what's left of my right ear(already lost my hearing on the left). The interchangeable filters really help.

Hey, AysunnyWonderfulDay! Call them. Ask them whatever you want to know about their custom hearing protection. They won't force you to order their product. Ask for Stone. That guy is great to talk to.

Back