Earmold question

MelissaWatt

Reaction score
I have a full earmold ( no dome and will not work for me ) and recently in this last year my inner ear has become very itchy. The earnold is fairly new and is starting to show signs of pitting from the itchy ear as I have tried to treat my inner itchy ear with Neosporin and Hydrocortisone. Is there a product that will help heal the itchy ear that won't damage the earnold as it is already made in with hypoallergenic material.??? l. I am on my last leg and don't really want to go in to a doctor's office to avoid contracting covid.. Any suggestion and advisement is welcomed. Thank you ~!

I have a full earmold ( no dome and will not work for me ) and recently in this last year my inner ear has become very itchy. The earnold is fairly new and is starting to show signs of pitting from the itchy ear as I have tried to treat my inner itchy ear with Neosporin and Hydrocortisone. Is there a product that will help heal the itchy ear that won't damage the earnold as it is already made in with hypoallergenic material.??? l. I am on my last leg and don't really want to go in to a doctor's office to avoid contracting covid.. Any suggestion and advisement is welcomed. Thank you ~!
Ask your audiologists where you got your ear molds about this question, they may have some anti itchy ear drops or something for your ears that you could get or other tips. Maybe your ear molds are too pointy and they can grind it down for you to make it more comfortable. Or try a better ear mold material. And they can check your ear to see if it needs a doctor's attention. There is something call MiraCell that is a ear drop oil that can calm the itch.

Also I sometimes will wash my ears with a little baby shampoo and air dry out for a day or two. And clean your ear molds too as it does get bit dirty at times. I think it's good to air it it out as the ear mold does trap the heat, wax and all that. Also sometimes scratching it can make it worse. So make sure your nails are not too sharp.

And if you're getting more pain and it's not getting better then you probably will need to be seen by a doctor to make sure it's not infected and all that. Hope that helps.

I have noticed this problem in the last 8 years. I was always getting sores somewhere in the ears. I think there was some change in the materials, giving rise to sores. I moved to India over two years ago, and I have new earmolds now. Most of the sores have healed now.

You might want to have your audiologist make you a new one from a different manufacturer. Even though the current one is made from hypoallergenic material that is no guarantee that you are not allergic to something used in the brand you now have.

Back