Ear Pain From Tmj

kiarajeszzzz

Reaction score
Hey guys, since a week I have a terrible earache. Might be because of the sprouting wisdom teeth. But I had read in an article that the reason for ear pain could be due to TMJ. I was thinking of visiting Dr. Agata Cybula who is a Mississauga based dentist. But I'm kinda scared too. What if I have TMJ?:ugh::ugh: One of the symptoms of TMJ is swelling of the face, but I don't find my face has swollen at all nor I feel any tenderness in jaw muscles

Has your jaw been locking tons, so much so that its near impossible to unlock it?

Can you not open your mouth very wide?

Do you have trouble eating? Or extreme pain in the face area?

Also, these symptoms fit many different diagnosis too. Always best to check with a doctor first.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
TMJ and locked jaw are two different things, I believe.
As a recall, grinding your teeth while sleeping can cause TMJ.
I first read about TMJ back in the 80's when I was having mild headaches in the lower back/side of my head. I may not have had TMJ but was maybe pre-TMJ. I've been wearing a mouth guard at night ever since.

The wisdom teeth could be causing what feels like ear aches.

Yes, wisdom teeth can be painful in the back of the mouth that can make you feel like ear ache. You may need to see your dentist and have the wisdom teeth come out and the pain will definitely go away in a short time.

Back