Ear moulds that hurt

AussieGirl

Reaction score
I'm a hearing aid wearer. When I was 4 years old, I had an operation to pin back my "jug" ears. Now as an adult my ears are not "floppy" like normal ears. My ear moulds sometimes hurt and give me pressure sores in some places so I have had to go back to the audiologist dozens of times to get them to file the ear moulds down, sometimes I even cut the moulds myself with scissors!! But I love hearing sounds and can't live without my hearing aids. Anyone else out there who's in the same boat???

Have you considered changing the material of your ear molds? They have kinds that harden quicker and those can hurt for people who have ears that constantly move inside. They also have very soft ear molds that last longer and soft for a long time. I like those.

Aussiegirl...your skin might be reacting to the chemical make-up of your molds....getting hypo-allergenic ones would solve the problem.

I used to have problem and deal with that hearing aids and ear mold. I stopped using the hearing aids because that mold stuff that new chemical they current design. It caused my ear almost infection and some ear skin peeling off. Sometime the ear turn out too heavy moist and drool out my ear. It might sound disguest to you but that the fact. So I try to different ear mold that I spend up to 400 dollar for one year. I get end up with infection and skin peeling. Even I try to get solution thing to re-healing my ear. So the last option I can head to cochlear implant but that might not sound too thrill for us as last option to avoid surgery due the costs and people out there who might or may still opposite the cochlear implant.

If you want avoid cochlear implant which I wish that happen but just advise. Go to the ear doctor where the cochlear implant center because they do provide hearing aids also (in my location). Because the hearing aids office might not provide you enough and so go to ear doctor to find out what wrong with your ear. They can help you to get right ear mold. Just be sure they remember that you are not interesting cochlear implant in case that I heard some doctor might pushy. So good luck.

Yeah you should have a good earmould that's like plastic so it can move with your skin ie. when it's warmer and your skin sweats, it shrinks...and when it's cold and your skin shrinks, the mould will expand with it.

The only thing my mould is good for is it i have an inner ear itch - i just push it in and the itch is gone:D

Back