Ear Canal itches or feels full...

Nita Thomas

Reaction score
So what do you do when after putting in that hearing aid you find your ear feels like it's itchy or maybe like your ear is blocked? when that happens to me I just pull out my ear buds --- new hearing aid doesn't use ear molds, just a little so air can get in again. But seriously, what do you do? How do you handle the water in the ear situation when getting out of the shower and you need to plug in those aids before heading out the door?

I'm always cleaning out my ears with Debrox ear drops and ear bulb with water.:rolleyes: But be careful since water can get trap in the ear so make sure it gets air time to dry out. I mostly use tissue paper to wipe it out. Some baby shampoo in the outer canal and wipe out with wash cloth sometimes helps. But if you still feel some stuff inside maybe go to the doctor and have them check it out and give it a rinse, clean out or vaccumed. And they can give you ideas what the best way to clean out. There are ear drops to calm itchiness as well.

Whenever I go swimming I always use ear plugs since the water is more contaminated and can easily get ear infections (I had numerous ear infections!) You can use ear plugs or cotton balls to prevent any water getting in.

hope this helps! :) Annie

I'm always cleaning out my ears with Debrox ear drops and ear bulb with water.:rolleyes: But be careful since water can get trap in the ear so make sure it gets air time to dry out. I mostly use tissue paper to wipe it out. Some baby shampoo in the outer canal and wipe out with wash cloth sometimes helps. But if you still feel some stuff inside maybe go to the doctor and have them check it out and give it a rinse, clean out or vaccumed. And they can give you ideas what the best way to clean out. There are ear drops to calm itchiness as well.

Whenever I go swimming I always use ear plugs since the water is more contaminated and can easily get ear infections (I had numerous ear infections!) You can use ear plugs or cotton balls to prevent any water getting in.

hope this helps! :) Annie
Never heard of Debrox ear drops. Are they an over the counter item? Maybe I should check with my local drug store for them. I have used peroxide for cleansing but it is hard to do it to myself, even though it always works and helps.

I use Q-tips daily like @AlleyCat and @zephren do. I live in humid climate and must keep my ears dry. During Spring/Early Summer season, it gets extremely humid and I just put cotton balls in my ears with a bit of olive oil 1-2 times when I go to bed.

Cotton Q-Tips. I'm saying it as if it's a naughty thing. Feels good, does the job, pull out before you feel the pain. Cheers.

Back