Drive or take public transportation?

Cchandler10

Reaction score
I am a student at OSU university in Oregon and I am writing a paper on whether Deaf people prefer to drive or take public transportation. I was wondering if anyone would like to share their preference?

my mom drives, I take a bus to work though :) *you can spot my mom's car looking like a beach with the lei around the mirror*

It is not always preference as some areas have very little or no public transportation available.

First off GO BEAVERS!!
I hope to attend the vet school out at Carlson there.
Anyways I preferred bus but now I have my wife drive me around. Driving scares me.

I not only drive but I’m i tow truck driver. And still like 4x4ing + mud boggin nothing changed it’s the people. Around you change sometimes for the better I think!!

Most Deafblind, including myself have to dependent on someone to drive or use public transportation, so not much option if you are DB.

I not only drive but I’m i tow truck driver. And still like 4x4ing + mud boggin nothing changed it’s the people. Around you change sometimes for the better I think!!
That is so awesome that you are a tow truck driver! I have a good friend of mine that is a tow truck driver as well! This was a really great response to get to this question! Thank you so much for the reply. I am getting a lot of material for my paper.

Most Deafblind, including myself have to dependent on someone to drive or use public transportation, so not much option if you are DB.
I recently was watching an Ellen episode with a young man that was DeafBlind but he was also a football player. Kind of crazy! But it was that video that made me realize there would be more than just Deaf people or Blind people. Then you would have depend on someone else or public transportation to get around, until they get those self driving cars! Thank you so much for your response!

First off GO BEAVERS!!
Anyways I preferred bus but now I have my wife drive me around. Driving scares me.
Thank you so much for your reply! This is a more interesting topic than I thought it would be since my teacher assigned it to me.

First off GO BEAVERS!!
I hope you are able to attend the vet school! This school is pretty tough even for Ecampus students like myself but it is well worth it and the instructors are great!

I've used bus cause it is cheaper than owning a car for few years. However I do have a car now. I've also had motorcycles in past and am licensed for auto and motorcycles.

Fun fact: I got a auto permit when I was 14 and motorcycle permit when I was 15. I used to ride my motorcycle to drivers ed! I took drivers ed to help parents save money on insurance.

I've used bus cause it is cheaper than owning a car for few years. However I do have a car now. I've also had motorcycles in past and am licensed for auto and motorcycles.

Fun fact: I got a auto permit when I was 14 and motorcycle permit when I was 15. I used to ride my motorcycle to drivers ed! I took drivers ed to help parents save money on insurance.

You make me think of what is likely ancient history for many here.

Back in 1958 I did not take drivers ed in high school because that fall they quit using cars with standard transmissions. I had thought about taking it just to learn how to shift a standard transmission. My dad had already taught me to drive and insurance was not a factor. He sold new & used cars and we got to use his demonstrator as our family car with the dealership he sold for providing more coverage than an individual could afford to carry.

I don't use public transport unless it is really necessary, I use taxi's almost everywhere or I walk, I do want to learn to drive soon. I have just got myself a drivers starter kit. so I can read about road safety and learn my street signs and stuff.

Mainly drive as where I live it's not easy to get to stores etc without having to drive. They do have a public transportation system (I haven't tried it yet). When I was in Utah, necessity said I had to walk and take the bus/Trax everywhere. Didn't mind it so much (other than my feet still mad at me after 3 months).

Back