Don't Give Up And Trust God..

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Joyce Meyer says God has given us the power of the Holy Spirit to press on and not give up!

I looked at this thread and say Dont give up and Trust God... hmm.. i was saved when i was 11 when i went to vacation bible school so great... many years later.. till 1997 when i had the accident.. i saw my angels and they told me that God said it is not my time yet.. and that i have to come back ... which I did...

I know there is a God.. I do still believe in God...but there are so many times i have lost the faith.. I got saved again 3 years ago. Still I have questioned the faith so many times but I dont have it due to things going wrong for me lately. I know I am not a perfect christian.. I am a sinner. no one is perfect. yet I have went thru hardships but why would he let it happen to me? I dont understand. People said it must have to do something with reason.. What reason??? I dont get it... my dad died of AIDS. i lost 3 babies.. I got married but it didnt work out.. I have to move back to my moms knowing I have to deal with my bioplar disorder sister. I dont have custody of my son.

There are so many times i just let it go and dont care about the world... Yes I am depressed. Life is not funny ... yet I have to go on living and hoping that one day my life will change for the better. It is hard not to give up and take the easy way out...... :(

I looked at this thread and say Dont give up and Trust God... hmm.. i was saved when i was 11 when i went to vacation bible school so great... many years later.. till 1997 when i had the accident.. i saw my angels and they told me that God said it is not my time yet.. and that i have to come back ... which I did...

I know there is a God.. I do still believe in God...but there are so many times i have lost the faith.. I got saved again 3 years ago. Still I have questioned the faith so many times but I dont have it due to things going wrong for me lately. I know I am not a perfect christian.. I am a sinner. no one is perfect. yet I have went thru hardships but why would he let it happen to me? I dont understand. People said it must have to do something with reason.. What reason??? I dont get it... my dad died of AIDS. i lost 3 babies.. I got married but it didnt work out.. I have to move back to my moms knowing I have to deal with my bioplar disorder sister. I dont have custody of my son.

There are so many times i just let it go and dont care about the world... Yes I am depressed. Life is not funny ... yet I have to go on living and hoping that one day my life will change for the better. It is hard not to give up and take the easy way out...... :(

I do understand where you're coming from on this and thank you for sharing your story.

Wow...pls hang in there. :hug:

http://www.alldeaf.com/christianity-religion-spiritual-other-beliefs/49369-overcoming-fear.html
I will pray for you. In the thread, overcoming fear might help you out to stay encouraged.

Wow i didnt realize this... no wonder i am always in fear of everything..fear of germs, fear of lot of things.. that is so interesting! Thanks for sharing the link with me!

Thanks for the kind words and hugs... u dont know how much that mean to me...to know I am not alone in this.. :)

Yes Oceanblueie that was a good thread, thanks for posting the link here. And Freakyiecat you're not alone sweetie :hug:

Wow i didnt realize this... no wonder i am always in fear of everything..fear of germs, fear of lot of things.. that is so interesting! Thanks for sharing the link with me!

Thanks for the kind words and hugs... u dont know how much that mean to me...to know I am not alone in this.. :)

FreakyCat, we all need encouragment and lift each other up in spirit. Angel's thread made a lot of sense to me after reading it and posted here.

Yes Oceanblueie that was a good thread, thanks for posting the link here. And Freakyiecat you're not alone sweetie :hug:

Your welcome Angel :hug: That's good post you shared :)

Excellent thread, Angel

I have been touched by God a few times but I will describe my most recent experience.

The last few months I have been feeling discouraged and tried to find my faith back again. I notice that my faith is weak if I start becoming afraid of many things or relationship or taking chances in love or work etc.

I got on my knees two weeks ago and prayed to God to help me find my strength and faith again. Three days later, I was sitting and felt a warm energy swirling around in me. It felt like it was enveloping my heart gently. It was very similar to what I had about 10 years ago when I first became saved. It lifted away all fears and pain.

I know that God is always with me but being a human being, I tend to forget that every once in a while with my own human pains and struggles. Then I get a tap on my shoulder as if I need to be reminded how I just have to get on my kneees and communicate with God deeply to surrender away my fears/pains/struggles.

It is always refreshing to read other's stories because it reminds me that I am not the only one :)

Daily Rules from God for 2008

1. Wake Up!!Decide to have a good day. "Today is the day the Lord hath made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24

Dress Up!!The best way to dress up is to put on a smile. A smile is an inexpensive way to improve your looks. "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at outward appearance; but the Lord looks at the heart." I Samuel 16:7

Shut Up!!Say nice things and learn to listen. God gave us two ears and one mouth, so He must have meant for ust o twice as much listening as talking. "He who guards his lips guards his soul." Proverbs 13:3

. Stand Up!!...For what you believe in. Stand for something or you will fall for anything.. "Let us not be weary in doing good; for at the proper time, we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good..." Galatians 6:9-10

Look Up!!... To the Lord.
"I can do everything through Christ who strengthens me."
Phillippians 4:13

Reach Up!!...For something higher. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him, And He will direct your path."
Proverbs 3:5-6

Lift Up!!... Your Prayers.
"Do not worry about anything; instead PRAY ABOUT EVERYTHING."

Philippians 4:6

Send this to the people you care about.
I thought this was mighty special, just like you.
Pass this on and brighten someone's day, and remember:

God answers Knee-Mail.

This verse just stood out to me.. I kept forgetting to pray for everything.. my good friend sent that to me.
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]"Friends are angels who lift you off your feet when you forget to fly."

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,adobe-helvetica,Arial Narrow]-Unknown
[/FONT][/FONT]

I didnt finish the post as my cat jumped on my keyboard and mess it up! lol sorry... heh..

Excellent thread, Angel

I have been touched by God a few times but I will describe my most recent experience.

The last few months I have been feeling discouraged and tried to find my faith back again. I notice that my faith is weak if I start becoming afraid of many things or relationship or taking chances in love or work etc.

I got on my knees two weeks ago and prayed to God to help me find my strength and faith again. Three days later, I was sitting and felt a warm energy swirling around in me. It felt like it was enveloping my heart gently. It was very similar to what I had about 10 years ago when I first became saved. It lifted away all fears and pain.

I know that God is always with me but being a human being, I tend to forget that every once in a while with my own human pains and struggles. Then I get a tap on my shoulder as if I need to be reminded how I just have to get on my kneees and communicate with God deeply to surrender away my fears/pains/struggles.

It is always refreshing to read other's stories because it reminds me that I am not the only one :)

Aww Gemma, I feel that way sometimes too. you're not alone hon. :hug:

Thanks everyone for sharing your stories, I enjoy reading them all. :)

Funny after I posted i got an email and it stood out to me.. I kept forgetting to pray for everything.. this just stand out

:lol: That's what my husband tells me often..

Freakycat, I am going to cut and paste that to email to friends. I really liked that posting keeps us encouraged thanks for sharing smile.

"Seven Things That Steal Your Joy"

Seven Things That Steal Your Joy The power of joy can change your life. In her honest and straightforward way, Joyce points out the seven things that can steal your happiness as she instructs you how to replace them with God's truth and love.

Overcoming the Obstacles to Your Happiness!

BK50.jpg

Keep chin up with Lord everyday! I have a this book so good one! Don't give up and help read this book! Don't let devil stole your joyful!!!:cool:

ahhh .. I'm glad I'm NOT the only deaf member here have watched Joyce Meyer daily. Glad you found her as I surely did mine too. She's a wonderful leading practical Bible teacher in the world. She is very easy to listen and understand her very CLEARLY.

"Seven Things That Steal Your Joy"

Seven Things That Steal Your Joy The power of joy can change your life. In her honest and straightforward way, Joyce points out the seven things that can steal your happiness as she instructs you how to replace them with God's truth and love.

Overcoming the Obstacles to Your Happiness!

BK50.jpg

Keep chin up with Lord everyday! I have a this book so good one! Don't give up and help read this book! Don't let devil stole your joyful!!!:cool:

ahhh .. I'm glad I'm NOT the only deaf member here have watched Joyce Meyer daily. Glad you found her as I surely did mine too. She's a wonderful leading practical Bible teacher in the world. She is very easy to listen and understand her very CLEARLY.

EXTREMELY EXACTLY!! I found out about her in 1998 or 1999. My husband's aunt gave me book "Beauty for Ashes". His Aunt shared me about Joyce Meyer divorced and raised her life terrible what her dad done to her bad situation. His aunt know that I was through divorced and raised Jehovah Witness. However My husbands mom told his aunt about it.

Oh great that you found out about 10 years ago. I just found out about a couple months or so. I was just flipped the channels on remote and found her show that drawn me closer to listen her. No books. haha Anyway even I'm getting old but never too late to learn!!!

Yes I heard about her grew up terrible abuses from her father and also her first marriage by her ex husband as well too. Now she has second husband and he's wonderful man. It was his suggestion to set up for "Joyce Meyer: Enjoying Everyday Life" shows!

In speaking of Gary D. Chapman, he'll still be a guest on Joyce Meyer for next three days too in case you're not aware of and wouldn't want to miss it.

EXTREMELY EXACTLY!! I found out about her in 1998 or 1999. My husband's aunt gave me book "Beauty for Ashes". His Aunt shared me about Joyce Meyer divorced and raised her life terrible what her dad done to her bad situation. His aunt know that I was through divorced and raised Jehovah Witness. However My husbands mom told his aunt about it.

Oh great that you found out about 10 years ago. I just found out about a couple months or so. I was just flipped the channels on remote and found her show that drawn me closer to listen her. No books. haha Anyway even I'm getting old but never too late to learn!!!

Yes I heard about her grew up terrible abuses from her father and also her first marriage by her ex husband as well too. Now she has second husband and he's wonderful man. It was his suggestion to set up for "Joyce Meyer: Enjoying Everyday Life" shows!

In speaking of Gary D. Chapman, he'll still be a guest on Joyce Meyer for next three days too in case you're not aware of and wouldn't want to miss it.

Yeah, She was the survivor of childhood abuse from her father and during her first marriage to her ex. husband. She's such an amazing woman, I've learned a lot by her. I fell in love with her books, it helps people realized that we're not alone.

I'm looking forward watching her shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back