DOMA overturned by SCOTUS

TXgolfer

Dream Weaver
Premium Member
Reaction score
Discuss!

like I said long time ago.... DOMA is clearly illegal. there's nothing "to wait and see".

SCOTUS: DOMA is unconstitutional as a deprivation of the equal liberty of persons that is protected by the Fifth Amendment.

like I said long time ago.... DOMA is clearly illegal. there's nothing "to wait and see".

I think most people predicted the court would rule this way. I know I did, especially after arguments were heard. And it's ok by me. If people are stupid enough to beg for government in the bedroom I say let them have. As I have said for year there will be a great number of ways to exploit this. :)

I think most people predicted the court would rule this way. I know I did, especially after arguments were heard. And it's ok by me. If people are stupid enough to beg for government in the bedroom I say let them have. As I have said for year there will be a great number of ways to exploit this. :)

nah. how about this - ban marriage for everybody else.

Ok by me. Doubt you can get that through the court though. :lol:

that's why the court believes it should applies to everybody else - both gay and heterosexual :lol:

that's why the court believes it should applies to everybody else - both gay and heterosexual :lol:

Yes, as predicted, that is what the court believes. That was stated in post 4

i am looking forward to seeing someone who lives in CA can invite me to their wedding.

I think it's about time this happen , it will also help to get the economy stronger as people spend a lot of money to get married .

I think it's about time this happen , it will also help to get the economy stronger as people spend a lot of money to get married .

If 1 million couples married immediately and had $50,000 weddings that would only add $50,000,000,000 to the economy. 20x less than the stimulus that failed.

I don't think that he disagrees with you - he's just give an interesting statement.

The gay marriage do short term help with economy - not permanent.

We'll have to wait and see , if the economy get very weak again people will not be able to afford big weddings unless they're load with $$$.

We'll have to wait and see , if the economy get very weak again people will not be able to afford big weddings unless they're load with $$$.

I don't think that my future wedding cost $50,000.

Disney World offers wedding ceremony to all couples, including opposite sex and same sex.

You are free to coming to wedding but I inviting your enemy - George Zimmerman. j/k :lol:

Back