DOJ sues AT&T for IP-Relay billing.

Nope, I don't. I am having major issues figuring out to make my own thread. I am a new member. Does this matter? I see nowhere on here to make my own post. This site is rather confusing.

I used to try it and I like it but now, it didn't work well on AIM. What a tickle off. Now, they're in trouble. I guess they deserve it. haha

"Disturbing" is being way too kind.

I consider that 95% of calls from scammers from Nigeria is definitely DISTURBING to the Deaf community and hearing vendors. Some companies, even banks refuse to accept any relay services due to the fraud calls from someone who pretend to be Deaf consumers. Is it fair? Think about it, Beach Girl.

I read it, and I am not sure about it. I do not believe that FCC allows any relay providers make decision on calls that is either originate or destined on United States. What business does relay operators have into these calls? I don't think so, if they do, it is directly and clear violation of privacy. The only time I would agree if the relay calls weren't made into AND out of United states. Reason? FCC does not pay for these calls and it is up to relay operators to make decision on these tyoes of calls. Telephone companies does not make decision on the customer whom they make calls to. Here is perfect example, if one hearing person decided to call another party and discussing about robbing the bank, does telephone company have right to report? The answer is simply no, because it is a violation of privacy. This applies to relay services.
So will DOJ upheld this case? I don't think so.
Also, since FCC requires relay users register and get 10 digit local number, this is more appropriate way to go and will reduce scammers considerable.
I have the feelings AT&T and others will win the case,

Also, it is NOT Relay operators job to investigate the criminal activities, it is FBI job if the calls were interstate, and state police if it were intrastate calls. Simple as is.

I consider that 95% of calls from scammers from Nigeria is definitely DISTURBING to the Deaf community and hearing vendors. Some companies, even banks refuse to accept any relay services due to the fraud calls from someone who pretend to be Deaf consumers. Is it fair? Think about it, Beach Girl.

What BeachGirl meant is that "being too kind" was too weak of a word to use for this horrifying story. She thought a much stronger word would be better. It is just a manner of speaking.

Some businesses refuse to accept any relay calls from the scammers too. I believe any IP-Relay service don't allow relay operators go ahead and call for the scammers without registered 10 digit phone numbers. They will solve the problems to eliminate the scammers or strangers.

Back