Dog robs store

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Dogs are usually considered man’s best friend. But, as WHNS Fox Carolina 21 reports, sometimes they can go bad and turn to a life of crime.

A Dollar General store in Clinton, South Carolina was dismayed when they discovered that they had been robbed. Manager Anastasia Polson told WHNS that they noticed that pig ears, beef bones, and dog food and treats were missing. The store has security cameras, so Polson went to see who had done the deed. Turns out, it wasn’t a person, “Well, we had a shoplifting dog.”

Yes, that’s right, the thief was none other than Cato, a husky. The loveable fella was taking his stolen merchandise to a nearby car wash and burying the food in holes he dug up. So how did this happen? He slipped off the leash of his owner, Holly Darden.

Darden told WHNS, “Police kept telling me this is the best arrest ever. I was like, ‘Thanks. Thanks a lot.’” Yes, that’s right the police were involved and even wrote up a report, which reads in part, “…spoke with the manager who stated the dog would sit outside and wait for someone to open the door and then he would take off inside steal a pack of dog bones and then run out and bury the items behind the store…the manager stated at this time they didn’t want to pursue any type of report or action against anyone.”

This pooch isn’t a first-time offender, according to Ms. Darden, “He's gotten into Ingles. He's gotten into BI-LO. He goes to Pizza Hut. And he goes up to Yo Cup which is downtown too.” Before he was returned home, Cato spent a few hours in the pound. WHNS says its unclear if any fines will be levied. We here at Odd News hope that Cato can be reformed and stop his crime spree of Clinton businesses.

Dog robs store

Wirelessly posted

Naughty dog! LOL Hope the owners quit tying him up and pay more attention to the dog.

The_Doberman_Gang_Poster.jpg

:wave:...Simply beautiful....thanks so much.....and have a" Merry Little Christmas Yourself"!

Dogs can't help it because they don't know anything about money. That's why the shop manager didn't file a charge against the dog.

Wirelessly posted

CrazyPaul said:
Dogs can't help it because they don't know anything about money. That's why the shop manager didn't file a charge against the dog.

Manager can file charges against the owner if he wanted to. The owner is responsible for their pets.

It's also cute. I am sure the store got publicity from that, and that's worth money right there.

Think it's very unique the doggie "robs" stores...even goes into Pizza Hut...:giggle: and Bi-Lo....At least he won't go 'round hungry.....and isn't into people's garbage cans or dumpsters.....This Doggie has CLASS!....:lol:

So did the dog have paws prints taken along with some mug shots ? Finlay would pick up a dog toy he liked when I was not looking and get is nice and wet so I would have to buy it. He would had made a great team with the dog in this story.

Maybe one day, dogs will wear masks and disguises to plan robbery attempts. Dogs are smart!!

Think it's very unique the doggie "robs" stores...even goes into Pizza Hut...:giggle: and Bi-Lo....At least he won't go 'round hungry.....and isn't into people's garbage cans or dumpsters.....This Doggie has CLASS!....:lol:

True.

did doggie get training for it or on his own???

So funny that he would wait until someone opens a door so he could get in. Sounds like he planned the robberies! hahaha

Back