Dog has upset stomach? Make this.....

Dannie

Reaction score
ICECUBE TREAT

If your dog is like my Zoey and finds "interesting" things in the yard, only to have an upset stomach afterwards, fasting your pet can be helpful. Skipping one meal or a 24-hour fast helps to calm down the digestive tract.
However, it's important that the dog continues to drink. Diarrhea and/or vomiting can cause dehydration. To encourage drinking or to entice a sick animal to begin eating again, the following broth has been very helpful:

Chicken Broth

5 cups good quality water
2 chicken wings
1 celery stalk
1 small carrot
few sprigs of parsley
1/2 small potato

Simmer all ingredients until meat is soft. Remove all foods from the broth and let it cool. Place the broth in the refrigerator overnight or until fat solidifies. Skim the layer of fat and discard, then divide into servings and freeze for use until needed.

I freeze this in ice cube trays before popping the cubes into a zip lock bag. Adding a cube to some water entices both of my dogs to drink well.

I use Pepto Bismol for Snickers when she has an upset stomach, which happens not very often. I use the liquid in the bottle . . . cherry flavored.

Did you know that vegetable can causes dogs to be depressed and sometime could kill them?

Only way to heal upset stomach by let your dog to eat the grass and have your dog vomit to clean their stomach out. After that, your dog will be fine and normal again.

and there is a reason why dogs eat grass.. they are constipated! :)

Where did you get that info about veggies can caused dogs being depressed and kill them? My dogs LOVEESSSS veggies and fruits. They had no problem! Of course they eat grass once a while...I guess to just clean out their stomach.
Did you know that vegetable can causes dogs to be depressed and sometime could kill them?

Only way to heal upset stomach by let your dog to eat the grass and have your dog vomit to clean their stomach out. After that, your dog will be fine and normal again.

Where did you get that info about veggies can caused dogs being depressed and kill them? My dogs LOVEESSSS veggies and fruits. They had no problem! Of course they eat grass once a while...I guess to just clean out their stomach.

I saw the poster of what dogs shouldn't eat at the vet office when I took my dog to the vet for check up. Also seafood like salmon, chocolate, and porks are bad for dogs. That's where I got the information from.

Oh I see...well I give my dogs veggies few times a week...

Never give grapes, raisins, chocolate, porks...not sure about fishes (I don't give them fishes anyway)

I can ask dogs' vet when they go for check up.

I saw the poster of what dogs shouldn't eat at the vet office when I took my dog to the vet for check up. Also seafood like salmon, chocolate, and porks are bad for dogs. That's where I got the information from.

Oh I see...well I give my dogs veggies few times a week...

Never give grapes, raisins, chocolate, porks...not sure about fishes (I don't give them fishes anyway)

I can ask dogs' vet when they go for check up.

Yeah. My dog loves steak, rib, chicken, fries, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and peanut butter.

I wonder what food is bad for cats... I'm considering to get a cat within a month or two.

Yeah. My dog loves steak, rib, chicken, fries, Italian sausage, pepperoni, and peanut butter.

I wonder what food is bad for cats... I'm considering to get a cat within a month or two.

i couldnt give pepperoni to my dog mac (he was a cocker spaniel) who died last July.. Apparently he is allergic to spicy foods. Anything that is spicy like tacos, pepperoni and such as that. He had seizures and vet said dont give him any spicy foods so i never gave him any ever after that scary eposides. After that He never had another seizure. thank goodness!

cat are meat eaters if you dont give them meats part of the diet.. the hairs will look dull and such as that so have to feed them meats. I used to have a mixed bobcat and he was declawed so he couldnt hunt? I had to get him all different kind of meats to eat. He loved to eat chickens. if one of the cats left the mouse behind.. he will steal it and eat it! haha!

i never forgot this as i had a half doberman and half pitbull.. he was so smart and was my bodyguard.. he know sign language like sit, go, come, bye bye, eat, drink, want go outside? to name few others. he know i am deaf by using his body to tell me what he wanted.. Anyway he love all veggies.. he even ate PICKLES! lol.. he is a HOOVER! heheh.. hes fine?? im surprised?? he died in 1999- one month after TJ was born. He was not good with kids. After I had TJ.. he was jealous and growled at the baby.. We had a heat wave and he collapsed and died.. my mom said God know I have a baby so he took my Jun Jun.

i noticed that if its a full blood dogs= they are so sensitive to foods? if they are mixed.. they can eat anything and tehy are fine? they are tough? i can see big difference between both...

cats love catnips.. its a must for them! cats do eat grass to clean their stomach out as its laxative like for dogs as well.. :)

Yes, Metroguy is correct. Grass is the best option for dogs to feel better from upset stomach or to clean out and have a better disgestion. My dog Kyle used to eat grass sometimes so it's normal for dogs to do that.

i couldnt give pepperoni to my dog mac (he was a cocker spaniel) who died last July.. Apparently he is allergic to spicy foods. Anything that is spicy like tacos, pepperoni and such as that. He had seizures and vet said dont give him any spicy foods so i never gave him any ever after that scary eposides. After that He never had another seizure. thank goodness!

Yike! Sorry to hear that! :(

cat are meat eaters if you dont give them meats part of the diet.. the hairs will look dull and such as that so have to feed them meats. I used to have a mixed bobcat and he was declawed so he couldnt hunt? I had to get him all different kind of meats to eat. He loved to eat chickens. if one of the cats left the mouse behind.. he will steal it and eat it! haha!

Really? I didn't know that foods can affect cat hairs too. I'm still learning about cats. :)

i never forgot this as i had a half doberman and half pitbull.. he was so smart and was my bodyguard.. he know sign language like sit, go, come, bye bye, eat, drink, want go outside? to name few others. he know i am deaf by using his body to tell me what he wanted.. Anyway he love all veggies.. he even ate PICKLES! lol.. he is a HOOVER! heheh.. hes fine?? im surprised?? he died in 1999- one month after TJ was born. He was not good with kids. After I had TJ.. he was jealous and growled at the baby.. We had a heat wave and he collapsed and died.. my mom said God know I have a baby so he took my Jun Jun.

Damn that is scary! I'm glad Jun Jun didn't hurt TJ. Whew!

i noticed that if its a full blood dogs= they are so sensitive to foods? if they are mixed.. they can eat anything and tehy are fine? they are tough? i can see big difference between both...

Not just tough... Depends on what breeds they are... Some dogs are fine and some dogs are not.

cats love catnips.. its a must for them! cats do eat grass to clean their stomach out as its laxative like for dogs as well.. :)

My old cat is a bulimic. I saw her put her paw inside her mouth to force herself to vomit. I was like WTF!?!? Cats can be bulimic too? She died by ate by coyote alive. :(

I read a lot of dog blogs. And since I'm considering getting a dog and possibly putting them on a diet called BARF.. which is basically Raw food. you can look it up online..

I read that Pumpkin is good for upset stomaches or diarrhea. But it should be Ground, since dogs don't digest foods the same way we do.. their biology is different, so foods go through them faster. Chocolate, Grapes, Pork, and some other foods should not be served to dogs. Fish can be served but i think there's a limit on the types of fish. I believe Salmon can be given to dogs. I'll find the information and post it tomorrow. Too tired right now as it's midnight and i've been up for 18 hours. Bleh.

Yes, they instinctively know what to do for themselves to get better.

i also know u cant give Raisins to the dogs too.. i think nuts is a big no no..

Thanks for the links! :) What's about fries? I know its included a bit of potatoes and some salts on it. My dog lovesssss fries and he have been eating it few times a month for over seven years. He is still healthy dog.

I really don't know because our dogs eat them too one of my dogs who has like an iron stomach has eaten a whole skillet of liver and onions and she didn't even get sick

Back