Dog ate my hearing aids.

RBDShadow

Reaction score
Yup, you read that title correctly, my 1-year old pittie got my both my hearing aids while I left the room for just a min and the next thing I knew, I found them shredded. Sad thing is, this is my second pair I've gone through in a matter of three months. Same thing happened to the first pair!

Now just waiting on to get my third pair, hopefully soon but it looks like I will have to start saving up for it! I'm currently using my one old hearing aid as a replacement until I can get my new ones.

Has anyone had accidents like this before?

Yes, and I put a picture of it somewhere here. Luckily, it was an old one of my husband that was stored on a kitchen shelf.

Any time our hearing aids are off now, they are in a Dry and Store, that is on a high dresser, completely inaccessible to our dogs.

Live and learn. :P

Did you find the battery for your HA ? If not you should call the vet and see if you should take your dog in to see if they can get him to vomit it up . I have heard of a woman dog chewing up her HA and when she tried to get her insurance to cover the last they said "NO" My last dog picked my HA when I left it on the coffee table , but my dog did not harm my HA he was just watching for me while I took a nap. I was told dogs loves to chew on HA .

That's an expensive lesson...maybe trying to remember to place them at a very high level so the doggie can't reach 'em....

My boys used to put their CD's on the floor...and I stepped on a few of them...had to take a drastic measure and said if I saw or stepped on another one, then it would be broken and into the trash...it worked like a charm!...Sort of like that ol' saying...."There's a place for everything....and everything in it's place".....

Oh whoops! I would hate it if my dog ate my hearing aids.

I've had my dog bite on to my spare old Core Naida but let go as soon as I said no, so its still usable, even tho I don't actually use it. Luckily I caught her as soon as she did it.

Yes, and I put a picture of it somewhere here. Luckily, it was an old one of my husband that was stored on a kitchen shelf.

Any time our hearing aids are off now, they are in a Dry and Store, that is on a high dresser, completely inaccessible to our dogs.

Live and learn. :P

Dry n Store is very good. That's where mine goes as well.

My spare hearing aids go in my safe. My safe is fire proof so being stored in my safe means if I ever have a fire, my hearing aids won't go. I would rather not have the hassle of getting new ones after a fire, which is why they are stored in my safe :)

Dry n Store is very good. That's where mine goes as well.

My spare hearing aids go in my safe. My safe is fire proof so being stored in my safe means if I ever have a fire, my hearing aids won't go. I would rather not have the hassle of getting new ones after a fire, which is why they are stored in my safe :)

Just so you know, you might not be as protected as you think. If you have a fire your HA's will probably melt in your safe because the internal temp gets so high in them if they are surrounded by fire...

Back