Does Milk Make You Sleepy?

When I do on occasion I dont feel sleepy at all.

I eat alot custard / ice cream and dont feel that way as it has tons of milk in it lol

whenever i drink milk i get so tired. it doesn't matter if its cold milk or warm milk. i cant have milk and cereal in the morning or ill be out like a light. so i usually have cereal as a bed time snack. or if i cant sleep i drink milk and in about 10 minutes im ready to hit the bed. i was wondering if milk had this effect to anyone else.

Same here. I'm not allergic to milk. I love milk. If I work physically, I have no issues. It's only when I work on a couch with my laptop or watch TV in the evening that I often fight off my urge to close my eyes and just sleep while seated.

I'm trying to switch to Veganism as meat has similar effect on me. I was a vegetarian when I was a young adult, and I sure didn't get sleepy in the afternoon. At soon as I gave up vegetarianism, at about 26 years of age, my sleepiness started. Now, I can easily give up on meat, but giving up milk seems to be extremely challenging for me. If anyone has a trick, let me know. Drinking water after a meal sure doesn't taste too good, almost like pee. And yes, I've tried alternative milks, but since that are made with water, they don't work for me.

perhaps you are allegery to milk?

no, it doesn't make me sleepy but I drink it everyday

Then, my kittens (I have had many of them) must all be alergic to milk. <g> After sucking milk off their mother, they snooze quite a bit.

Then, my kittens (I have had many of them) must all be alergic to milk. <g> After sucking milk off their mother, they snooze quite a bit.

Cats should not drink milk ever. The reason they drink milk is because they can smell sugar in milks. All cats, including tigers and lions do not have sugar buds on their tongues. Cats are obligate carnivores. They just like wet meat food.

Cats should not drink milk ever. The reason they drink milk is because they can smell sugar in milks. All cats, including tigers and lions do not have sugar buds on their tongues. Cats are obligate carnivores. They just like wet meat food.

My cats (I have had about 2 dozen of them) absolutely love milk. It's actually their favorite food ... I presume that if it weren't good for them, their instinct would tell them otherwise. Often times, they kill small animals (mice, chipmunks), but end up just playing with them. Birds and squirrels they eat though. They lick table leftovers too (such as mushroom, leek, asparagus cream).

Back