Does Milk Make You Sleepy?

AJ said:
like soy milk? what kind of milk?

Soy milk might be fine. I personally don't like soy milk. You can buy an organic milk at the health food store. Please don't buy any milk at a regular store. If you have a Stop & Shop store in your area, they have some organic milk. You will see a label "organic" on the package. Isn't that wonderful!

webexplorer said:
Soy milk might be fine. I personally don't like soy milk. You can buy an organic milk at the health food store. Please don't buy any milk at a regular store. If you have a Stop & Shop store in your area, they have some organic milk. You will see a label "organic" on the package. Isn't that wonderful!

yeah thats helpful

I don't have any problem drinking milk at day and nighttime. I love to drink milk. It doesn't make me sleepy but I dont drink warm milk. :thumb:

Milk makes me sleepy

Yes I have exactly the same thing. I feel very sleepy for 2 days after drinking a lot of milk or eating a lot of cheese. I stopped taking all milk products for that reason. Great to know I am not the only one.

AJ said:
whenever i drink milk i get so tired. it doesn't matter if its cold milk or warm milk. i cant have milk and cereal in the morning or ill be out like a light. so i usually have cereal as a bed time snack. or if i cant sleep i drink milk and in about 10 minutes im ready to hit the bed. i was wondering if milk had this effect to anyone else.

strange.. no it doesnt make me sleepy.. i m surprised?? but i know baby do fall asleep to warm milk?? i dont know about that? its new to me..

I love milk.. i love strawberry milk, chocolate milk, latte milk, and etc..

it does the body good! yummy! hehe.. :)

hi all deaf.... milk is better than coffee or tea.... coffee or tea has caffeine. therefore caffeine makes you feel sleepy....... natural milk is from cow.

take care

hi again, i used to drink tea a lot and was tired a lot ....with sleep...... few years back, i stopped tea or coffee and am feeling better......less sleep.....if work too much, it makes us tired or sleep....naturally

take care

Same Way

whenever i drink milk i get so tired. it doesn't matter if its cold milk or warm milk. i cant have milk and cereal in the morning or ill be out like a light. so i usually have cereal as a bed time snack. or if i cant sleep i drink milk and in about 10 minutes im ready to hit the bed. i was wondering if milk had this effect to anyone else.

I am the same way. For me, it all started about two or three years ago when I would fix cereal (Frosted Flakes my favorite), eat it, drink the milk, and suddenly feeling really tired and I would have to go to sleep. I asked my family does this every happen to them and they said no. Righ now, I fixed me a bowl of cereal this morning and afterwards I had gone straight to sleep. I woke up about two hours ago, but I know that if I eat another bowl again or drink milk...I'm knocked out. So, you're not alone and I don't even drink warm milk.:)

Hello AJ, it seems my son 2 years old have the same problem. Could you please share your experience?
Did you ask doctors about it? Does it have some side effects? Do you have the same problem with another food or drink? Do you have any digestion problems, like diarrhoea, etc?
Thanks and greetings from Czech Republic :)

Hello AJ, it seems my son 2 years old have the same problem. Could you please share your experience?
Did you ask doctors about it? Does it have some side effects? Do you have the same problem with another food or drink? Do you have any digestion problems, like diarrhoea, etc?
Thanks and greetings from Czech Republic :)

Radka, this is a very old thread and I don't think AJ comes to this forum anymore.

Thank you LoveBlue. Do you have any idea, how to contact AJ? It is quite important for us, because our son has several strange symptoms and the doctors dont know what is wrong with him.

Thank you LoveBlue. Do you have any idea, how to contact AJ? It is quite important for us, because our son has several strange symptoms and the doctors dont know what is wrong with him.

Sorry, I don't know how to contact AJ. Perhaps one of the moderators do know and will let him/her know that you want to get in touch.

Back