Does it annoy you when....

I never really have any issues as I use rechargeables instead of regular batteries. They last me 2 1/2 days if I don't recharge them. When I had the regular batteries, they lasted for about a week. My maps are set at 2400 or is it 2000? I can't remember...*sigh*, and pretty powerful maps (comparing to my friends). I just charge the batteries overnight, and never had any issues. I'm surprised that many people have much shorter life.

As for the blister packs - PowerOne implant batteries like HearAgain suggested...what I did was I took the batteries out and rip off the sticky tape with it and put it in a battery holder. That way the batteries doesn't get depleted while in the small blue carry case. When the batteries die, I just take the batteries out of the holder and take off the sticky tape. I know it sounds like a hassle, but I found that it gave me an extra day of battery life after being in the blue carry case for over a week or two (depending where I am when my batteries died). Other people just bring a pack of batteries with them, but I don't really use a purse, so this is what I used to do. Air activates the batteries, so if you left the batteries in the case without sticky tape, it can deplete battery life just a little bit.

I don't use batteries anymore, but I have 12 battery holders...jeez...I have WAY more than I need.

im wondering whether i should ask for rechargeables. because im always forgetting to take regular batteries with me

Lissa,

Why not keep extra batteries in your purse? That's what I do. I always keep 2 packages of batteries in my backpack and another 2 in my purse.

I usually put packets in my bag but then i forget to restock

You have 12 battery holders Lady? How on Earth did that happen? Did Cochlear include that in your box of goodies?

I love rechargeable batteries and find myself using them more than disposables.

However, when I travel, I prefer to use disposables so I don't have to carry the battery charger with me even though it is very small and portable.

My disposables usually last 2 days

but now iv hardly been wearing my ci at home its lasting about 5 days

My disposable batteries last 20 hours for my left CI and 40 hours for my right.

My rechargeables last 10 hours for my left CI and 16 hours for my right.

Interesting. All things being equal, the refresh rate is the main predicator of battery life. I have heard of people with say 900 cps get over a week on a set a batteries. But then again, there is one other variable that can make a difference...amount of time during the day that one has a CI on. I typically turn it on about 7:30am and turn it off ~9:30pm which is about 14 hour days.

speaking of batteries, mine last about 3 days. I dunno what program it's on.

BTW, welcome back!

Frustration was the main reason I became more efficient. If it's something important and I estimate the CI's power to die on me during that time, I simply pop a fresh one on the CI. Other non important events, I wouldn't mind changing the battery. Wearing such devices comes with the territory, so I always carry a spare battery, no if's, and's, or but's!

tips

I understand that you find it very annoying while you changing into new batteries and maybe you might forgot bring the spare batteries... I got a very handy tips, firstly you need to take some spare batteries in your pocket, bag etc which is very useful. One day I forgot to bring my batteries at school and it was a bit embrassed because I was unable to understand what my hearing peers and friends say to me. Now on I MUST bring my spare batteries with me.. lol.... plus I put the spare pack batteries at the office or unit in a safe place in case if i forgot. I also find it very annoying to change the batteries! :(

I understand that you find it very annoying while you changing into new batteries and maybe you might forgot bring the spare batteries... I got a very handy tips, firstly you need to take some spare batteries in your pocket, bag etc which is very useful. One day I forgot to bring my batteries at school and it was a bit embrassed because I was unable to understand what my hearing peers and friends say to me. Now on I MUST bring my spare batteries with me.. lol.... plus I put the spare pack batteries at the office or unit in a safe place in case if i forgot. I also find it very annoying to change the batteries! :(

I keep extra batteries everywhere -- my kitchen, living room, purse, backpack and Cochlear tote bag (in this case, I keep a box of 60 in case of emergencies where I have to leave my house immediately). I also buy 4 60 ct. boxes of batteries at a time and when 2 boxes have been used, I buy another 4. That way, I never run out.

My batteries lasts me about 5 days with the Nucleus Freedom. My map rate is set at 900 I believe. When I was first implanted I was a bit power hungry at first but since then I have settled down a bit to a more "normal" map although I am overdue for a new map just to tune things up a bit. My best friend who also has a CI explained to me that I was a bit "power hungry" at first because I was still learning my loudness level "boundary" and that when I settled down a bit it was because my auditory nerve had began to learn its boundary on the loudness and I don't need things so loud anymore. I don't know if that makes sense to any of you but there were the terms she used when she was explaining the CI stuff to me when I was still freshly activated back in 2006. She's had her CI since she was a young girl so she had more experience.

I keep a pack of batteries in my purse, and the rest in my bedroom in the emergency kit box (my stupid apartment complex has frequent power outages so I keep an emergency kit box - I can't wait til we find a house to rent and move).

Lucia,

Your batteries last 5 days? That's pretty good. The longest I've heard anyone go without having to change batteries was 7 days and that person uses SPEAK.

Frustration was the main reason I became more efficient. If it's something important and I estimate the CI's power to die on me during that time, I simply pop a fresh one on the CI. Other non important events, I wouldn't mind changing the battery. Wearing such devices comes with the territory, so I always carry a spare battery, no if's, and's, or but's!

I am with S.O.B on this I am afraid.... My current average batteries usage is 4 days, Every time I think ahead and always change batteries if i have very important event/meet BEFORE it starts.

If anyone want to hear... be resposible and carry spare batteries.

Lucia,

Your batteries last 5 days? That's pretty good. The longest I've heard anyone go without having to change batteries was 7 days and that person uses SPEAK.

When I was first switched on my batteries lasted 8 days now it's 4. I went to Cochlear event last thurs, the life of batteries depends on not just the map, it's the thickness of skin, hair, volume, weather (cold drains more juice), how u use your listening, the more listening the more juice is drained etc... it was interesting evening.

When I was first switched on my batteries lasted 8 days now it's 4. I went to Cochlear event last thurs, the life of batteries depends on not just the map, it's the thickness of skin, hair, volume, weather (cold drains more juice), how u use your listening, the more listening the more juice is drained etc... it was interesting evening.

I happen to have waist-length hair, so I'm sure that plays a part in my overall battery life as well.

On another note, I recently switched from a #1 magnet to a #2. I was growing increasingly frustrated because the #1 would never stay put especially if I placed my head against the back of my recliner and rocked.

Ever since I switched to a #2, that is no longer a problem.

I've also noticed that my magnets are much easier to put on in the morning and if I lay down to take a nap, I can continue wearing my CIs without them falling off.

You have 12 battery holders Lady? How on Earth did that happen? Did Cochlear include that in your box of goodies?

I love rechargeable batteries and find myself using them more than disposables.

However, when I travel, I prefer to use disposables so I don't have to carry the battery charger with me even though it is very small and portable.

Yeah! I have 4 CI, so that's 4 Battery holders right there, then I had 4 more in the boxes...twice, so that's 8. Then I had two of my controllers replaced due to the rechargeables cracking the controller, so that's two more.

My bad, 10 - not 12.

The only thing that's annoying is that I have two of everything...but there's certain things that I don't need...such as the chargers, dry and store, etc. Luckly I was able to fit everything in one box.

Back