does HDMI support CC?

Ice

Reaction score
on my new TV when i use s-video or any other type connection the CC works fine, but with hdmi i just cant seem to get it to work so im wondering does it not support it, im watching "big love" and i know thats captioned

oh the TV is a 42" phillips flat LCD, not a plasma

any help?

Unfortunately, that it does not support EIA-608 or Line-21, though.
So, instead of it, you can use subtitles for deaf and hard-of-hearing
via DVD, Blu-ray, HD-DVD, video games, and a cable/satellite that had closed-captioning option.

But, in my opinion, I don't like English Subtitles that doesn't have SDH. (subtitled for deaf and hard-of-hearing).

But, in my opinion, I don't like English Subtitles that doesn't have SDH. (subtitled for deaf and hard-of-hearing).

And what is the difference between the two, may I ask?

Fuzzy

on my new TV when i use s-video or any other type connection the CC works fine, but with hdmi i just cant seem to get it to work so im wondering does it not support it, im watching "big love" and i know thats captioned

any help?

are you refering to from cable box is to hdtv through HDMI or dvd player is to hdtv through HDMI ?

personally i have the cable box is connected to HDTV with HDMI which is no problem.

any help?

You means for DVD player, then of course but few DVD players can running on analog CC in 1080i, not 480p, 720p or 1080p.

Just switch to 1080i if see CC is work or not, if no then your HDTV don't support it.

For DVD player, even Xbox 360, it don't support CC source in HDMI, component and DVI then I have to use composite cable to watch DVD movies then change to component cable for playing games, also I think about want buy S-Video to improve the picture quality but still in 480i, ugh.

For PS3, when watch DVD movies with analog CC then use composite cable.

SDH got explain of audio in background, that included since english subtitle isn't.

not only audio in background but also one name to call as normal subtitle don't and also no-audio when people don't actual use sound but mouth move know as [no audio] that would let me know. heh

You means for DVD player, then of course but few DVD players can running on analog CC in 1080i, not 480p, 720p or 1080p.

Just switch to 1080i if see CC is work or not, if no then your HDTV don't support it.

I don't know about DVD player support 1080i. Care to tell me? :)

I don't know about DVD player support 1080i. Care to tell me? :)

Thinking of upscale...

PS3 support upscale DVD movies into 720p to 1080p.

Some DVD players support upscale into 720p to 1080p but require to use HDMI.

Back