Does Duh irriate you?

SilenceGold

Reaction score
Not to me when I use it on you all people! :p

Actually, it can be rude but sometimes as a joke.

Next time you see me saying duh..it's a joke. Never take me seriously.

nah it doesn't bother me but whoever u say :doh: to probably doesn't understand what duh means :roll: heh.

well it depends how you say it...I will know if its rude or joke by saying DUH hehe :D

I was mainstreamed myself and when hearing people would say "DUH!", it was always meant as if you were dumb. I always felt inferior when people said "DUH!" and took offense to that comment. To this day I do not say "DUH!" out of respect to their feelings because I can recall how I felt and would not impose inferiority on another person. ;)

May say DUH in joke section. I accept that!

What if someone say duh in some saying are not related to joke part then might be insulting.

I never forgot about my late best friend tend to say "Hello, hello, duh! " that was my fave quote from her. I do talk myself for saying her personal quote since.

well sometimes i can see that it's rude...

everyone makes mistakes so you shouldn't make such a big deal out of it and shout "DUH!"...it embrassasses them and makes them think they are stupid or whatever...that isn't always funny though but you just have to be careful what you say though

it depends what situation you are talking about and if "DUH" was used at a wrong time, then that isn't the right word...they would get upset and get mad at you and shit like that...

it isn't alwasy respectful but you should always let them know that you were joking anyway

Duh is usually insulting. I dont use that word all the time but when I JOKELY say them because of the tone. I dont use it with signing because usually everyone takes it wrong way so I dont bother saying it. I only use it on hearing people and use the tone along with it. I rarely use that word.. i'll say maybe 2 to 4 times in a year. :D

I do not think it is kind of INSULT. I use that to my own friends and my parents too.

Yea duh.. they were like no YOu duh.. i was like eh? no you duh .. I do not find it very offend yet.

Originally posted by eternity
I do not think it is kind of INSULT. I use that to my own friends and my parents too.

Yea duh.. they were like no YOu duh.. i was like eh? no you duh .. I do not find it very offend yet.
I'm so OFFENDED!!! :tears:

:madfawk:

:lol:

Originally posted by eternity

I'm ETERNITY...know what is that? FORRRREVVVERRR oh yeahh!! DUH :roll:

*muffled with laughter*

Generally when I tell someone duh, that's when I'm smacking the back of their head. :p

Yea, interesting views shared here. :D

Depends on what conv we are in.. I'll takes duh as jokes.. Sometimes it could be rude if it's like agurement or whatever and insulted duh would makes u feel yer an idiot or dumb

Nah, I don't take it as an insult, it depends on the way people say that word. ;)

Originally posted by SilenceGold
Not to me when I use it on you all people! :p

Actually, it can be rude but sometimes as a joke.

Next time you see me saying duh..it's a joke. Never take me seriously.
Yes it does bother me when you say to me.. becasue DUH sound like "DO U HONRY" or "DAMN U HOE" :laugh2:

Re: Re: Does Duh irriate you?

Originally posted by ckfarbes
Yes it does bother me when you say to me.. becasue DUH sound like "DO U HONRY" or "DAMN U HOE" :laugh2:

That's a strange point of view. :p

yes, it does cuz it is so low class. I mean we have so many intelligent words in the English language and we use "duh"

Back