Does anyone want to try asl practice get togethers in westchester ny?

Some guy

Reaction score
If anyone is studying ASL and wants to get together in Westchester County NY, please send me a message or post a reply. There are ASL classes in the area, but I do not know of any groups or get togethers in which people can practice in a social setting.

Go to deaf clubs in the city you can find. There is about 3 or 4 deaf clubs in nyc

Traveling in and out of NYC is a bit expensive and time consuming.

NYC area is having a difficult time with train services. The train from Westchester to NYC is OK, but the subways in NYC are terrible.

Driving is a disaster, as everyone drives in - so the roads are always jammed. Parking costs about $30.

And quite frankly, NYC is not so nice anymore...It is not a clean place, it is not a safe place. The official crime stats may be low...But the reality is that you are confronted continuously with people begging (sometimes aggressively), stepping over people sleeping on the floors of the train stations. .

I go to NYC at least weekly for appointments...I try to simply get in and out. i used to like staying there for hours...but no more.

Here is a picture of the food court at Grand Central Station I took one day at Noon time on a work day. (These are not businesspeople getting some shuteye)

Attachments

• Grand Central station.jpg
    Grand Central station.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 6
Back