Does Anyone else think Dating is the worst?

I learned two things through out the years. 1. you either already know your soul mate and have put him/her in the friend zone or 2. you need to stop looking for love and let love find you. My husband was in the friend zone for A LOT of years. It took me a while to realize that we were actually more than friends. Every single problem, disaster, scandal, or what have you in my life he was always there and I was always there in his. It took us a while but we finally got married. My daughter was the opposite. She was dating every wrong guy she could find and they were all just alike. Finally, she broke up with the last wrong guy and just stopped looking. I mean completely stopped looking and just focused her life on her job and etc. Well her husband was one of her co-workers who had also stopped looking and gave up on finding the right one.... Fast forward and they are now married.

I can't exactly relate because I'm not deaf or HoH, but it's still pretty terrible. I feel at times I might have too high of standards, which is fair, but I also don't think I should be lowering what I think my true love will be, so any random schmuck can take her place, if you get what I mean.

Yes, not even sure where I'd meet someone since I don't work or go to college. How does one meet someone today? Is everything done through social media now?

Yes, not even sure where I'd meet someone since I don't work or go to college. How does one meet someone today? Is everything done through social media now?
I wouldn’t even look. Just let someone fall in your lap. It could be anywhere. Perhaps your church. There’s even been some romances that have blossomed right from this forum. A few went on to get married.

Stay away from dating sites. I’ve never done those but don’t want to. I hear of too many bad stories from dating sites.

I haven't tried dating sites either. I've only had one serious girlfriend and that was back in high school. I'm in no rush.

Being single is way the worst! We have mid-age lonely crisis on this planet. Good luck!

Not necessarily. Instead I often go with a friend or my sister somewhere and we always attract attention and hook up with guys who buy us drinks and whatever. We always end up having a great time that night.

Not necessarily. Instead I often go with a friend or my sister somewhere and we always attract attention and hook up with guys who buy us drinks and whatever. We always end up having a great time that night.
I really don't recommend hooking up with guys that buy you drinks...some "expect" more from that and some will put a date rape drug in your drink.

one thing is clear, when to get drink? At home when you buy your own drinks. who's serving tonight? :cheers:

Back