Does anybody have the link to the AGBELL letter to Pepsico?

dreamchaser

Reaction score
I am finishing my research paper on oral only, and I wanted to use the letter from AG Bell to pepsico to prove that there is still a danger from the oralists to destroy ASL if they can.

Do you have a link to their original letter? I can't find it.

Thanks to all, and lots of smiles to all of you. :)

Jeanie,,, still chasin the dream for a better tomorrow for all!

I am finishing my research paper on oral only, and I wanted to use the letter from AG Bell to pepsico to prove that there is still a danger from the oralists to destroy ASL if they can.

Do you have a link to their original letter? I can't find it.

Thanks to all, and lots of smiles to all of you. :)

Jeanie,,, still chasin the dream for a better tomorrow for all!

I posted a copy on here when we were discussing it the first of the year. Do a search of the site, and you should come up with a link, and also with the actual letter. I think that A.G. Bad removed the letter shortly after, but you can try the link. NAD should still have a link to it.

I posted a copy on here when we were discussing it the first of the year. Do a search of the site, and you should come up with a link, and also with the actual letter. I think that A.G. Bad removed the letter shortly after, but you can try the link. NAD should still have a link to it.

I tried to search here and at NAD and generally on google, but I will try some more ways to word it.

TY again.... Jeanie

Amazing, isn't it?:ugh3:

I wish most people knew what AGBELL is about. The average person would not even know that this is just one more attack on ASL and the Deaf culture.

After re-reading a bunch of stuff on Bell and the eugenists of his time, this letter made me litterally sick to my stomach. Anyway, it proves my point that there are still narrow-minded narcisists out there.

God, I hope we get a decent president in that will be aware of this stuff and protect the Deaf community.

Jill, I know that some folks think I am nuts when I worry about ASL dwindling. I understand that right now it is number 3 language in US. But, when you have an organized enemy that have money pumped into them by the people who make assistive devices, you just can't be too cutious. I noticed that half of their letter was about assistive devices and how they were trying to promote that.

By the way, thanks so much for the extra info on Deaf Ed. I have read so much for 6 weeks now, it is enlightening. I looked at all sides as fairly as I could, and almost every authority I read, (scholarly) agreed that deaf children are in danger of great emotional harm in the systems that we have. I want very much to see all deaf kids have an education that is equal to any other education, but even more, I worry over how they feel inside. I don't see why they can't have a happy environment as well as a good education. After all, this is America.

I wish most people knew what AGBELL is about. The average person would not even know that this is just one more attack on ASL and the Deaf culture.

After re-reading a bunch of stuff on Bell and the eugenists of his time, this letter made me litterally sick to my stomach. Anyway, it proves my point that there are still narrow-minded narcisists out there.

God, I hope we get a decent president in that will be aware of this stuff and protect the Deaf community.

Jill, I know that some folks think I am nuts when I worry about ASL dwindling. I understand that right now it is number 3 language in US. But, when you have an organized enemy that have money pumped into them by the people who make assistive devices, you just can't be too cutious. I noticed that half of their letter was about assistive devices and how they were trying to promote that.

By the way, thanks so much for the extra info on Deaf Ed. I have read so much for 6 weeks now, it is enlightening. I looked at all sides as fairly as I could, and almost every authority I read, (scholarly) agreed that deaf children are in danger of great emotional harm in the systems that we have. I want very much to see all deaf kids have an education that is equal to any other education, but even more, I worry over how they feel inside. I don't see why they can't have a happy environment as well as a good education. After all, this is America.

You are quite welcome. And just a word to help you relax a bit....organizations like A.G. Bell have been trying to do away with ASL for years....and it has continued to grow. That doesn't mean we need to stop our efforts, just that we don't need to panic.:giggle:

Re: what you've read...that is exatly what I mean when I keep saying a
'preponderance of the research."

Back