Doctor's office refused to provide interpreter!!!

LuciaDisturbed

Reaction score
Today I went to my doctor's office and when I got there they refused to see me. They said they can't provide an interpreter for me and then I offered to use paper and pen (I was out of meds and needed new scripts NOW) and they still refused to see me. They told me that it is the law and that they are not certified to WRITE BACK AND FORTH. WTF?! And they refused to get an interpreter...I asked for an interpreter months ago when I called ahead to make an appointment!!! The lady was so rude to me and she took the paper and tore up the paper I was writing on and said "this conversation is over, end of discussion" and had an attitude and everything. Her behavior was so unprofessional!!! She told me to go somewhere else. I was so upset and when I left the office I went on my Sidekick 3 and told my fiance everything what happened. My fiance's boss just happens to deal with ADA laws and so my fiance told his boss everything and she called the doctor's office and took of the whole mess. Now I just have to call the AMA (American Medical Association) and see about getting that bitch fired. Her behavior was very unprofessional!

OH GOD! That's not right! That's very nonprofessionals!!! I hope she get fired and hire a nice sweet one! UGH I hate when I have to deal with that kind of situation!!! I hope you able to find a way to get more medication.

Wow! Not required to write using pen and paper? What is she, trippin'?

Hope she gets fired and hope u are there the day she gets fired to say "Hope that teaches u a lesson on sensitivity!"

:shock: Jeez!! Hope she get into biggest trouble! what if you have problem serious sick heart and need medication!! huh GRR... Make sure Ada and Ama will take care of it!

Im smellin a decent lawsuit right here. What would I do? Dial a attorney who specialize in ADA and have good long conversation. Let him or her do all the work and screw these doctor office. Hope this goes on headline!

Absolutely file a complaint with the AMA, and also with peer review in your state. And if I were you, I'd call a local reporter and have the story put in the paper. I don't usually recommend vengence, but this is unacceptable behavior, and the whole town should know what kind of ethics this doctor has.

OH GOD! That's not right! That's very nonprofessionals!!! I hope she get fired and hire a nice sweet one! UGH I hate when I have to deal with that kind of situation!!! I hope you able to find a way to get more medication.

I talked to my old doctor and was able to get some of my meds refilled today, but need to get two more refilled tomorrow. I'm good for tonight and tomorrow night, though. The reason I left my old doctor was because he made me wait hours to see him, I don't have all day to wait to see him. But I may go back to him if my new doctor's office pulls this shit again.

Absolutely file a complaint with the AMA, and also with peer review in your state. And if I were you, I'd call a local reporter and have the story put in the paper. I don't usually recommend vengence, but this is unacceptable behavior, and the whole town should know what kind of ethics this doctor has.

It wasn't the doctor himself that did this, it was one of the receptionists at the office that did this. So, I am going to make another appointment with the doctor and see how I like the doctor himself. My fiance is going to come with me to the appointment and If the receptionist pulls the same shit again, he will take care of the situation face to face, and I will go elsewhere.

It wasn't the doctor himself that did this, it was one of the receptionists at the office that did this. So, I am going to make another appointment with the doctor and see how I like the doctor himself. My fiance is going to come with me to the appointment and If the receptionist pulls the same shit again, he will take care of the situation face to face, and I will go elsewhere.

Is the doctor aware of the situation?

i had a similar problem last year, not the doctor but an arrogant and uncooperative receptionist made it hell for me, when she didnt book me to see the doctor (GP) after receiving the letter from hospital about my tinnitus which was saying Id need a referral to see a stress counsellor, and or have some medication to reduce the symtop of it (which now im on tebonin that seems to help abit). The whole thing was down to 'how she read the letter and decided its not important enough !!, what right she got to decide ! i mea a request is a request and its not her decision !!!!!

:mad2::mad:

oh, by the way, just as i played into getting the smilys out , i noticed gossip is too very hearies , all oral!, is there some smart Deaf computer nerd/freak who could put in the gossip smileys with hands flaring, waving about? just a suggestion lol see below then you'd know what i mean.......ha

:gossip:

so yeah Lucia, its not on, eh. Hope you'd embarrass the hell of that bitch, better yet make her lose the job, if nto then demand a formal apology

cheers

If she was a nurse, they have a peer review board, as well. But if she was just a receptionist, no luck. But still contact the AMA, and peer review becasue they need to know about this woman's attitude. She has no business working in a medical office...or with the public at all, IMO.

No, I never even had a chance to meet or talk with him at all. They refused to let me see him.

If you were out of your meds, they could have been putting your health in danger! This is just unacceptable! That doctor needs to be a hell of a lot more careful in his hiring practices!

If you were out of your meds, they could have been putting your health in danger! This is just unacceptable! That doctor needs to be a hell of a lot more careful in his hiring practices!

Yeah. I was able to get more meds from my old doctor to tide me over. I got 2 meds tonight and I will be able to get the rest of my meds tomorrow.

Yeah. I was able to get more meds from my old doctor to tide me over. I got 2 of them tonight and I will be able to get the rest of my meds tomorrow.

I'm glad to hear that. At least that's one thing you don't have to worry about.:hug:

If she was a nurse, they have a peer review board, as well. But if she was just a receptionist, no luck. But still contact the AMA, and peer review becasue they need to know about this woman's attitude. She has no business working in a medical office...or with the public at all, IMO.

yeah, I second that, if a person doesnt know how to relate to clients, this is a big no-no in reception work.

Lucia, glad things is on the upside again for you.
Just be sure to get in touch with your doctor (both of them) and express clearly this sort of thing is distressing and unfair and work out a way to prevent from happening again (if you went this route).

I can now email my own doctor, ask (in advance) for an extension of the repeat prescription to be picked up from the office by email. This is the beauty of email, but have others understand your ways or needs.
You could adopt this strategy, just an idea.

:jaw:

There is no excuse for that kind of behavior. :mad:

Throw the book at her!

that not right,LuciaDisturbed but that disrespectful!

but you must approve bring paper and pens write to doctors without interpreter! oh my gosh!

i have no problems myself but my mom can interpreter for me at doctor's offices more reasons but i dont need professional interpreter! but i can doit but i would can communicate with doctors with paper and pens what doctors would says! but my mom is not pro interpreter! so my mom is nurse for CCU

you would fighting for bring down to interpreter and dont listen to secretary,whatevers but you can assit for that but you would ingore to secretary for godsakes!

IF im going to doctor's,Dentist's office and i dont need interpreter i can bring paper and pen with us and you dont need interpreter for appt what you wanted it that your choice! but i can doit so my doctors always nice and can paper and write to me and dont need interpreter for me that discuss!

you can doit what you wanted they you can called interpreter for appt that your choice i dont blame you.

Back