Do youj women find 'ho ho ho' to be offensive?

lumbingmi

Reaction score
SYDNEY (AFP) - Santas in Australia's largest city have been told not to use Father Christmas's traditional "ho ho ho" greeting because it may be offensive to women, it was reported Thursday.

Sydney's Santa Clauses have instead been instructed to say "ha ha ha" instead, the Daily Telegraph reported.

Santas warned 'ho ho ho' offensive to women - Yahoo! News

*rolling eyes* This has gone too far. When a Santa says ho ho ho to me, I know he is being an innocent Santa ;) :giggle:

*rolling eyes* This has gone too far. When a Santa says ho ho ho to me, I know he is being an innocent Santa ;) :giggle:

So if other person who isn't wearing SC suit say "HO HO HO" to you, what would u react?

Right, Gemma. I think any such protest or ban would be a "Bah, humbug!" try to spoil some people's Christmas rather than worry over what a twisted mind mind might think is a second-hand slight to women. Santa's belly laugh came a long time before the mispronounced "word." Sheeese! Some people!

Right, Gemma. I think any such protest or ban would be a "Bah, humbug!" try to spoil some people's Christmas rather than worry over what a twisted mind mind might think is a second-hand slight to women. Santa's belly laugh came a long time before the mispronounced "word." Sheeese! Some people!

:gpost:

So if other person who isn't wearing SC suit say "HO HO HO" to you, what would u react?

If it was over the holiday period, I would know he is simply giving me a nice Christmas greeting.

If not, I would look around to see if he is actually talking to me or not because I look way far from being the type that a man would call such names! I would simply tell him he has lost his marbles. :giggle:

I think that this has gone too far in trying to be politically correct.

Next, we'll have to ban westerns that say, "Wagons, ho!"

Our gardens will be overgrown with weeds since we can no longer hoe.

No more hoedowns at square dances.

Stephan King's family will starve because no more horror stories.

Hoagies will be off the menu at Subway.

We'll have to nuke Hoboken, New Jersey.

:lol:

:laugh2::laugh2:

:lol:

I agree with others...that is just going too far in terms of trying to be politically correct.

lol

i don't get offend from santa saying ho ho ho :)

In my honest opinion.. I think people need to ease up on the sensitivity.. HOHOHO has been around for AGES.. You can't just please anybody. People will find something to be offensive.. All I got to say is "LIGHTEN UP!!" It don't always means "whore". It is just a sound that the Santa makes for years and years in the past..

This world is out of control with fear of offending somebody. Lighten up, oh brother!

how pathetic, ho isn't even a proper word, it's slang in the worst form, the worlds going mad wiht this politically correct nonsense, here in UK soem schools have banned nativity plays in fear of offending Muslims:pissed: well if they don't like our way of life they should go back home, an easy answer.

the thought of santa saying Ha Ha Ha almost makes me laugh along with him

Back