Do You Want To Protect Yourself From Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All their lives? Really? That's what you think of self defense?

Are there enough armed guards and metal detectors to protect you in every place you go?

it just comes down to

some people like being spoon feed and protected even though thats an illusion (orlando clearly demonstrates)
others
prefer to feed themselves and protect themselves anyway they can to survive....

most people will be the victim..

sucks
but true

Want to stop 'em outside, ay?! Problem is this jihadist, radical islamist muslim was a frequent visitor. He was one of "them", so to speak. No offense intended. Then again, 49 murders were the fault of Christian, Conservative, gun owners. What a colassal joke!

Metal detectors? Want lines like the TSA has at airports to stop by and have a drink. It's ludicrous!! And, waaaay too expensive to EVER be implemented. Go ahead. Start you own club and make it operate like a war room. I'm sure you'll be broke in about a week.

Always better to concentrate on "emotion" rather than results.

what you are propsing is essntialy to keep everyoen under armed guard lest they snap..
thats
nuts..

did having a trained police officer at the door help in orlando?

you wont be keeping any bad dude outside when your defenseless, unarmed and cowering int he corner waiting for the hero cops in shinning Armor to come and sweep you away from danger...

what those knights in shinning armor will do is tag your body along with the others who held strange dim hopes that someone someplace will come and solve their plm for them
the plm of surviving..
why anyone at all would wish to be the slaughtered is beyond me..

so...
did having the knight at the door help the slaughtered in orlando?
Reread the post. No, I'm keeping the shooter outside the venue and disarming them at the door with trained armed guards. To let them just enter the building armed is to use your words "nuts!" Your past history is making sense to me now, get the victims at a disadvantage and then do what you want to them. And that's not only nuts but crazy as well!

Want to stop 'em outside, ay?! Problem is this jihadist, radical islamist muslim was a frequent visitor. He was one of "them", so to speak. No offense intended. Then again, 49 murders were the fault of Christian, Conservative, gun owners. What a colassal joke!

Metal detectors? Want lines like the TSA has at airports to stop by and have a drink. It's ludicrous!! And, waaaay too expensive to EVER be implemented. Go ahead. Start you own club and make it operate like a war room. I'm sure you'll be broke in about a week.

The Pulse club in Orlando already have metal detector.

Yes, that's why you have the metal detectors and armed guards at the door. I've been to sporting events where you have to go through metal detectors and they somehow found a way to get 20,000- 80,000 people into the stadium in a timely manner and guess what? They all had armed guards at the doors. You guys keep saying these mass murderers are attacking "soft targets" NO KIDDING and why do you think that is? Because they have no security and they can just walk in. Your last statement says it all except you have it backwards: it's always better to concentrate on results rather than on emotion. All you gun fanatics are using your emotions that the government is going to take all my guns away, when all they are talking about is taking away the guns that seem to be doing the most damage in these mass shootings and putting measures in place that would of put Mateen on a list that would not let him buy the guns in the first place.

it's always better to concentrate on results rather than on emotion.
You are the emotional one. Us others are just contributing with facts. A good result would be that everyone is responsible for defending themselves.

All you gun fanatics are using your emotions that the government is going to take all my guns away
Slowly, but surely..yes..that is their (your) plan. Because, they "feel" they have to do something. Even though the resulting laws would make it more damaging than it was prior.

Reread the post. No, I'm keeping the shooter outside the venue and disarming them at the door with trained armed guards. To let them just enter the building armed is to use your words "nuts!" Your past history is making sense to me now, get the victims at a disadvantage and then do what you want to them. And that's not only nuts but crazy as well!

did the trained armed guard (cop)help in orlando?

why do you have so much faith it will in the future given the stack of bodies?

as for me.
my posts are very clear
given the nature of my work they make very much sense.

ill hold your hand here....(since you seem to be the type that needs it)

1). you are always where ever you are.
2) your lifes in your hands, no one elses
3) the police are always minutes away when seconds count. each second is someone getting shot. or stabbed, or raped or (you choose favorite bad end)
4) the best defense against being defenseless is to be offensive, (your dead anyway...go for it)
6) arm yourself, and know how and when to use it

now
im well aware english is obviously not you first language...and i know how proficient in sign you are...but

tell me
(lights fat joint.....)

where in the above post or any of my posts have i wished for or stated "get the victims at a disadvantage and then do what you want to them."
as a goal for the victims and not for the attacker? as you claim my posts history to your mind anyway seems to call for.

if your going to show your teeth, better learn to bite...

i have no issue at all getting lashed for what i actually DO state and DO believe....

but im always sticky with a thing called justice. so
stop the slander..
and argue against what i DO state.
thank you

Yes, that's why you have the metal detectors and armed guards at the door. .

well that certainly worked in orlando....i grant you that

I've been to sporting events where you have to go through metal detectors and they somehow found a way to get 20,000- 80,000 people into the stadium in a timely manner and guess what? They all had armed guards at the doors.

so did orlando. metal detectors and an armed cop no less
thats why it worked so well. i guess..
mmmmm

You guys keep saying these mass murderers are attacking "soft targets" NO KIDDING and why do you think that is? Because they have no security and they can just walk in.

orlando had security, metal dictators, an armed cop for heavens sake...

Your last statement says it all except you have it backwards: it's always better to concentrate on results rather than on emotion.
indeed.
and the results in orlando show what? a bar packed with unarmed defenseless people, vs a dedicated armed cold blooded killer for his cause....

the results are rather stark actually wouldn't you agree?

All you gun fanatics

calling names now?
alright ill play..
if we are "gun nuts" your a sheep shagger. or sheeple. whichever works

now
rather then call each other names we should actually engage each others arguments.

its "open minded" thats how i like to be referred to, in regards to what tools, (guns) i decide to use.
and your clearly "open minded vastly" in which sheep you like shagging.
cool....

are using your emotions that the government is going to take all my guns away, when all they are talking about is taking away the guns that seem to be doing the most damage in these mass shootings and putting measures in place that would of put Mateen on a list that would not let him buy the guns in the first place.

we certainly are not using emotions.
we are trying to use reason with you even boiling it down to wee spoon sips for you to take slow and steady, lest you choke.
but your unable to even drop your bias to engage us...

. . . All you gun fanatics are using your emotions that the government is going to take all my guns away, when all they are talking about is taking away the guns that seem to be doing the most damage in these mass shootings and putting measures in place that would of put Mateen on a list that would not let him buy the guns in the first place.
Since just about every kind of gun has been used at one time or another for a mass shooting, that would mean taking away all guns.

"A killer wielding a multiple-magazine assault rifle is the exception. More typically, the closest available weapon is used. These are the guns killers carried with them, regardless of whether it was used. Stashes in cars, at home, etc. are not included."

ALL HANDGUNS 72.9%
  • 49.6% SEMIAUTOMATIC HANDGUN
  • 22.4% HANDGUN/REVOLVER
  • 0.9% AUTOMATIC (ASSAULT) PISTOL

ALL RIFLES
18.5%
  • 9.5% SINGLE-SHOT RIFLE
  • 8.6% SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE
  • 0.4% AUTOMATIC RIFLE

SHOTGUN
8.6%

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/GDContent/mass-killings/index.html#weapons

Reba, thank you for great job with debate and you saved a lot of my time.

Since just about every kind of gun has been used at one time or another for a mass shooting, that would mean taking away all guns.

"A killer wielding a multiple-magazine assault rifle is the exception. More typically, the closest available weapon is used. These are the guns killers carried with them, regardless of whether it was used. Stashes in cars, at home, etc. are not included."

ALL HANDGUNS 72.9%
  • 49.6% SEMIAUTOMATIC HANDGUN
  • 22.4% HANDGUN/REVOLVER
  • 0.9% AUTOMATIC (ASSAULT) PISTOL

ALL RIFLES
18.5%
  • 9.5% SINGLE-SHOT RIFLE
  • 8.6% SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE
  • 0.4% AUTOMATIC RIFLE

SHOTGUN
8.6%

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/GDContent/mass-killings/index.html#weapons

Of the last 8 high profile mass shootings, 7 used an assault type weapon with high capacity magazines as their weapon of choice. Including the Orlando and San Bernardino shooters.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../the-gun-used-in-the-orlando-s.

Of the last 8 high profile mass shootings, 7 used an assault type weapon with high capacity magazines as their weapon of choice. Including the Orlando and San Bernardino shooters.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/.../the-gun-used-in-the-orlando-s.

Do you notice about democrats in Colorado lost the election after they passed gun control laws and they were replaced with anti-gay, pro-gun republicans?

If so, how you feel about it?

well that certainly worked in orlando....i grant you that]

Since the Pulse did not have metal detectors at the door or even armed security anywhere in the club for that matter, we will never know if they would of stopped Mateen.

[so did orlando. metal detectors and an armed cop no less
thats why it worked so well. i guess..
mmmmm
orlando had security, metal dictators, an armed cop for heavens sake...]

Once again, since the Pulse only had a security guard at the door and NO METAL DETECTORS we will never know if they would of been a deterrent.

Patrons question security

Christopher Hansen strode into a dimly lit gay nightclub blasting Latino music early Sunday morning, noticing security guards scattered throughout the dance floor, but said he didn’t get patted down or wanded like he does at airports.

“There [were] no metal detectors, no bag checks,” said Hansen."

[indeed.
and the results in orlando show what? a bar packed with unarmed defenseless people, vs a dedicated armed cold blooded killer for his cause....

the results are rather stark actually wouldn't you agree?]

The Orlando chief of police had been trying to get bars and clubs to install metal detectors and beef up security for months. My guess is that they will all have them within a short time.

calling names now?
alright ill play..
if we are "gun nuts" your a sheep shagger. or sheeple. whichever works

now
rather then call each other names we should actually engage each others arguments.

its "open minded" thats how i like to be referred to, in regards to what tools, (guns) i decide to use.
and your clearly "open minded vastly" in which sheep you like shagging.
cool....

How about gun enthusiast. Since you say you were a felon, how exactly are you getting guns? I thought felons were prohibited from owning firearms, or are you not in the U.S.

[we certainly are not using emotions.
we are trying to use reason with you even boiling it down to wee spoon sips for you to take slow and steady, lest you choke.
but your unable to even drop your bias to engage us...

The problem is we are on other sides of the fence. I want to stop the shooter at the door before he gets in and you want him to enter the site and then try and stop him/her after they have begun to shoot people. The best action to take is to enact a ban on all semi automatic rifles and high capacity magazines. The best evidence I can give regarding a mass shooting that led to swift action by the government was in Australia. "Australia had a spate of mass public shooting in the 1980s and '90s, culminating in 1996, when Martin Bryant opened fire at the Port Arthur Historical Site in Tasmania with an AR-15 assault rifle, killing 35 people.Within two weeks the government had enacted strict gun control laws that included a ban on semiautomatic rifles. THERE HAS NOT BEEN A MASS SHOOTING IN AUSTRALIA SINCE."

Do you notice about democrats in Colorado lost the election after they passed gun control laws and they were replaced with anti-gay, pro-gun republicans?

If so, how you feel about it?
With the recent history of our do nothing Congress I have no problem throwing them all out and getting someone in that actually wants to do what we elect them for and that is to govern. I have not voted for an incumbent in years.

With the recent history of our do nothing Congress I have no problem throwing them all out and getting someone in that actually wants to do what we elect them for and that is to govern. I have not voted for an incumbent in years.

I'm talking about state legislature, not the Congress.

If republican is representing in your district so it will be no gun control laws because you should know that most republicans oppose to gun control laws.

You have no problem to have anti-gay, pro-gun republican in your area?

The problem is we are on other sides of the fence. I want to stop the shooter at the door before he gets in

and how did that work in orlando again?

and you want him to enter the site and then try and stop him/her after they have begun to shoot people.

again with the slander!!
i want people to be able to defend themselves where ever they are. be that inside or out.
read into that what ever you like

The best action to take is to enact a ban on all semi automatic rifles and high capacity magazines. /QUOTE]

why?

The best evidence I can give regarding a mass shooting that led to swift action by the government was in Australia. "Australia had a spate of mass public shooting in the 1980s and '90s, culminating in 1996, when Martin Bryant opened fire at the Port Arthur Historical Site in Tasmania with an AR-15 assault rifle, killing 35 people.Within two weeks the government had enacted strict gun control laws that included a ban on semiautomatic rifles. THERE HAS NOT BEEN A MASS SHOOTING IN AUSTRALIA SINCE."

this is not relevant at all to the conversation
you dont live in Australia.
and banning guns as you insist wont affect those criminals and or those adherents to a murderous ideology in killing people.

having people being able to defend themselves where ever they are will cut down on the body count.
not as you wish
disarming people.

further it doesn't even address the main questions i keep asking you

ill put into different words
how was being defenseless a good thing for the slaughtered in orlando?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back