Do You Want To Protect Yourself From Attack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reba

Retired Terp
Premium Member
Reaction score
In respect to the horrible shooting at Orlando, it got me thinking about guns and the LBGT community. Most of the debates on TV have been about controlling the guns of the "haters" whether they be Muslim or anti-gay or whatever. But what about the victim targets of "hate?"

The shooter stopped to reload multiple times; he made several phone calls; he updated his Facebook; and he washed his hands. In other words, there were moments of vulnerability for him. If the victims had been armed, they might have been able to take advantage of those moments.

It seems to me that instead of the gay community pushing for gun control, they should be going out and buying guns for themselves, and getting trained to use them. They should support laws that allow carrying in more places.

If LGBT people are targets for violence by hate groups and hateful individuals, maybe they should take measures to protect themselves rather than depend on gun control legislation and gun-free zones for safety.

I would like to know what members of the LGBT community think about that.

I kind of disagree with this.

Could you imagine a club full of panicked people armed? Bullets would be flying everywhere. If anything, more people would be hurt.

I believe in strict-gun control. There's no reason for anyone whom is not in the armed forces to have a gun.

Take Scotland for instance, we have police who have batons, none of the public have guns. We aren't even allowed pepper spray or knives.

As for Japan, guns are controlled and are only allowed to be issued via a license for hunting game. That's it. They aren't seen as a way of protecting yourself.

Reactions: Hex
I kind of disagree with this.

Could you imagine a club full of panicked people armed? Bullets would be flying everywhere. If anything, more people would be hurt.

I believe in strict-gun control. There's no reason for anyone whom is not in the armed forces to have a gun.

Take Scotland for instance, we have police who have batons, none of the public have guns. We aren't even allowed pepper spray or knives.

As for Japan, guns are controlled and are only allowed to be issued via a license for hunting game. That's it. They aren't seen as a way of protecting yourself.
In a club attack, like Orlando, how would you protect yourself? (Bad guys can get guns.)

In a club attack, like Orlando, how would you protect yourself? (Bad guys can get guns.)

I guess there's no real answer to that specific question for me as its bigger than that. The bad guys shouldn't be allowed to get access to guns in the first place but since in your question they can, then I'm not sure how you would protect yourself.

It's a hard situation.

In respect to the horrible shooting at Orlando, it got me thinking about guns and the LBGT community. Most of the debates on TV have been about controlling the guns of the "haters" whether they be Muslim or anti-gay or whatever. But what about the victim targets of "hate?"

The shooter stopped to reload multiple times; he made several phone calls; he updated his Facebook; and he washed his hands. In other words, there were moments of vulnerability for him. If the victims had been armed, they might have been able to take advantage of those moments.

It seems to me that instead of the gay community pushing for gun control, they should be going out and buying guns for themselves, and getting trained to use them. They should support laws that allow carrying in more places.

If LGBT people are targets for violence by hate groups and hateful individuals, maybe they should take measures to protect themselves rather than depend on gun control legislation and gun-free zones for safety.

I would like to know what members of the LGBT community think about that.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-weho-shootback-rainbow-20160616-snap-story.html

arm yourselves.
when it comes down to it.
the police always minute away when seconds count....
those seconds will be a stack of bodies, as the clock slips by....

orlando demonstrates this very very well...

Make it like airport security and have armed guards or off duty cops at all entrances and all patrons have to pass through metal detectors before entering. I would not want to be someplace with many, many people with guns when one person starts shooting and everyone else opens up. There would probably be a lot of collateral damage by these "good samaritans."

Make it like airport security and have armed guards or off duty cops at all entrances and all patrons have to pass through metal detectors before entering. I would not want to be someplace with many, many people with guns when one person starts shooting and everyone else opens up. There would probably be a lot of collateral damage by these "good samaritans."
Metal detectors can't stop a shooter blasting his way in.

Metal detectors can't stop a shooter blasting his way in.
That's why you have armed guards or off duty policemen at the doors. Unfortunately until we figure out a way that will make the NRA happy and keep the guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them we are going to have to do something and having armed civilians to fall back on isn't going to cut it.

I am not NRA member, maybe I should join just to piss you off. . Alot of armed citizens have better or equal to police training. Except, we do not wait 3hrs to do something. We, react asap on the spot.

Last edited:

if you want that there is always a place in the pen for you..

why anyone living in a free society would want to turn into what you describe is beyond me...

i guess
fear does that to someone

rather then defend yourself, its

put everyone under armed guard
nuts

That's why you have armed guards or off duty policemen at the doors. Unfortunately until we figure out a way that will make the NRA happy and keep the guns out of the hands of people who shouldn't have them we are going to have to do something and having armed civilians to fall back on isn't going to cut it.

did the armed cop at the night club stop the orlando shooter?
why do believe it will work all the other times?

how is banning guns keeping them out of anyones hands besides law abiding citizens unless that's the actual goal.
because it doesnt keep guns out of
criminals hands nor
dedicated adherents who will kill for their cause hands.

They did have an armed off duty policeman at the door.

"On June 12, 2016, just after 2 a.m., an Orlando Police Officer working extra duty at the Pulse Nightclub, located at 1912 S. Orange Ave., responded to shots fired. Our officer engaged in a gun battle with that suspect and the suspect went deeper into the club where more shots were fired. The incident then turned into a hostage situation."

http://www.cityoforlando.net/police/mass-shooting-at-orlandos-pulse-nightclub/

They did have an armed off duty policeman at the door.

"On June 12, 2016, just after 2 a.m., an Orlando Police Officer working extra duty at the Pulse Nightclub, located at 1912 S. Orange Ave., responded to shots fired. Our officer engaged in a gun battle with that suspect and the suspect went deeper into the club where more shots were fired. The incident then turned into a hostage situation."

http://www.cityoforlando.net/police/mass-shooting-at-orlandos-pulse-nightclub/
In CA you have to have a specific number of security or off duty police officers per number or expected number of patrons at clubs and events. I don't know what the actual number is, but I'm sure it's more than one.

did the armed cop at the night club stop the orlando shooter?
why do believe it will work all the other times?

how is banning guns keeping them out of anyones hands besides law abiding citizens unless that's the actual goal.
because it doesnt keep guns out of
criminals hands nor
dedicated adherents who will kill for their cause hands.
I have never talked about banning guns.

if you want that there is always a place in the pen for you..

why anyone living in a free society would want to turn into what you describe is beyond me...

i guess
fear does that to someone

rather then defend yourself, its

put everyone under armed guard
nuts

I think I would want to be under the protection of someone who has at least had some training other than some joker who likes guns and feels powerful when he has it on his person and the only training he's had is the few hours he spends at the range each week, month, year, etc. You don't want to have to put yourself into the position of having to defend yourself, you want to stop them at the door, parking lot, etc. What happens when the person who is legally carrying a weapon snaps and starts shooting at someone, just because he's lost it or had a really bad day?

I think I would want to be under the protection of someone who has at least had some training other than some joker who likes guns and feels powerful when he has it on his person and the only training he's had is the few hours he spends at the range each week, month, year, etc. You don't want to have to put yourself into the position of having to defend yourself, you want to stop them at the door, parking lot, etc. What happens when the person who is legally carrying a weapon snaps and starts shooting at someone, just because he's lost it or had a really bad day?

and how did that protection under the guy with training, the cop, help in orlando?

seconds here count, each second your on the floor helpless as he picks you off, the cops or who ever are trying to get to you....the operative word is try.
you are already there.

I have never talked about banning guns.

right
and the msm is called the ministry of truth...

and im a 300 lb lesbian african american midget....
now
back to reality...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back