Do you want to be charged for using your debit card?

eh - all banks will be doing it too. beside - they will be doing it next year.

eh - all banks will be doing it too

I don't think so if enough people say enough. However you might be right..

But If i can delay it for while longer then so be it.. but BofA is not getting that 5 dollars from me.

I don't think so if enough people say enough. However you might be right..
trust me - the banks will lol.

But If i can delay it for while longer then so be it.. but BofA is not getting that 5 dollars from me.
you can simply use BOA CC. what's wrong with that?

I'm not upset about this. It's to be expected anyway. I can just simply use my BOA CC and have it paid it full automatically.

trust me - the banks will lol.

you can simply use BOA CC. what's wrong with that?

I'm not upset about this. It's to be expected anyway. I can just simply use my BOA CC and have it paid it full automatically.

Never mind.

I used to have account with BOA but not anymore. I still pay my car loan with BOA, though. I'm with a credit union right now. I wonder if that affects credit unions or just the regular national banks.

+1 on the credit unions. However, debit cards are for suckers. Use a credit card, build up your credit and get reward points. Just pay off your balance every month and you're fine. I don't even know why people use debit cards. I haven't used mine in years.

Sucks. I hope I don't end up with a bank that makes that decision.

+1 on the credit unions. However, debit cards are for suckers. Use a credit card, build up your credit and get reward points. Just pay off your balance every month and you're fine. I don't even know why people use debit cards. I haven't used mine in years.

Because some can't get it and I will not pay just to get CC also..

$76 billion profit last year was not enough? I see this being challenged.

As I understand it, 5 dollar charge for CC also.

nope. that's for debit card. You can use debit card as debit or CC.

Get ready for a new wave of bank fees. Bank of America will begin charging a $5 monthly fee at the beginning of next year for customers who make debit card purchases.

Whether you use your card for one purchase a month or 20, you will pay $5 per month starting in 2012. It doesn't matter if you select "debit" or "credit" at the point of sale.

the reason why you can use debit card as CC is so that the machine won't ask you for your PIN # and if you want the cash back.

That is my plan, I'm gonna open one at a local credit union.

you should keep your BOA account open for credit history reason. Just simply don't use its debit card.

nope. that's for debit card. You can use debit card as debit or CC.

the reason why you can use debit card as CC is that the machine won't ask you for your PIN # and if you want the cash back.

This is what it says in article:

"Whether you use your card for one purchase a month or 20, you will pay $5 per month starting in 2012. It doesn't matter if you select "debit" or "credit" at the point of sale.

same here. I hate using debit card because of fraudulent risk. There's no protection.

Credit reason? I don't recall having a checking account affects credit report??

you should keep your BOA account open for credit history reason. Just simply don't use its debit card.

Is that if you use it, or if you have one? I have a debit card because you need to use it at the teller window for deposits, withdrawals, etc.

Not my choice at all, and I will be miffed if they charge a fee for something I don't even want.

This is what it says in article:

"Whether you use your card for one purchase a month or 20, you will pay $5 per month starting in 2012. It doesn't matter if you select "debit" or "credit" at the point of sale.

yes. You can use your debit card as debit or credit.

if entering debit - you will be asked for PIN # and cash back.
if entering credit - it will be processed as credit card and it takes money from your account

both works exactly same thing except in credit option - you won't be asked for PIN # and cash back. This is the safest option.

Back