Do you think parents should have the right to tattoo their kids?

Do you think parents should have the right to tattoo their kids?

• Yes

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • I don't know

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
what about it? Some people think it have health benefit from it, religious isn't the only reasons why they do it. Plus, it is easier to be done when you are an infant. Some guys who never had it done decide to have it done because of frequent UTI or something like. They didn't really like the feel of it after it. If done as a child, it wouldn't make a different to them because there is nothing miss.

as piercing on children, I don't agree with that either, but you can take off the earrings. I didn't get my ears pierced until I beg my mother for one. I know some parents do it to help their child look more feminine. I definitely don't think parents should be piercing their tongue and such. To me, that the same as tattooed body art which should be a personal decision (when they are adults). It's not the parent's place to add art to their child's body.

In other culture, they would pierce their child's ear. and stretch it until it get huge. I think it's cruel and hope they will no long find it attractive anymore.

Thats my whole point of saying what I am saying. I would not allow Tattoos on my children...

but in some eyes it is such a taboo.. and in others.. it is their culture and upbringing.. or religious reasons..

None of the above have a proven medical reason...

Mods: please merge my post with Cheri's thread. She didn't provide the article - only a poll. :ty:

oh man that is so cruel tattoo on little kids sheesh they would have wait until they are older to do UGH!!!!!!

A child is too young for a tattoo, just my opinion.

what about piercings? it weirds me out when i see pictures of babies with earrings.. i've heard that parents do it when they're babies because they won't remember the pain. :dunno:

Don't get me wrong.. I had my daughters ears pierced when she was an infant.. had my son circumcised as an infant.

Does that make me a horrible parent??

No because you didn't do it yourself, you had a license professional to do those procedure on your children.

In this story this mother wasn't the biological mother of those kids, she has no right to make informal decision like that with some else kids. I would not want my boys father's wife to make decision on getting my boys tattoo. I should be the one deciding if they should get one or not, they're my boys not hers. ;)

what about piercings? it weirds me out when i see pictures of babies with earrings.. i've heard that parents do it when they're babies because they won't remember the pain. :dunno:

I don't remember the pain when I had my ear pierced at preteen.

When I was kid, I remember watching my cousin CRIED her heart out everytime her mom put in earrings. I thought why would her mom do something like that? Who cares about earrings? This cousin of mine was pierced when she was an infant.

It's really not that painful...

I don't remember the pain when I had my ear pierced at preteen.

When I was kid, I remember watching my cousin CRIED her heart out everytime her mom put in earrings. I thought why would her mom do something like that? Who cares about earrings? This cousin of mine was pierced when she was an infant.

I got my ears pierced when I was an infant and my mom had me stop wearing them by the time I was 2 years old because the infections were so painful and I would cry whenever she put them in. The holes eventually closed and I got them re-pierced at 12.

I had my daughter's ears pierced when she was 3 months old and so far she has had no problems.

You are right, parents shouldnt continue putting or changing earrings in a child who suffers from infections.

As for the topic, I voted no. Cant believe that this person did that to the kids. What the hell was she thinking?

What they did is against the law in their state.

Source: The Mommy Files : Parents tattoed their kids with guitar string

Parents tattoed their kids with guitar string
A couple living in northwest Georgia was arrested for tattooing their children at home, according to the Atlanta Journal Constitution. Patty Jo Marsh and her husband Jacob Bartels used an old tattoo machine and a guitar string as a needle to give six of their seven children, ages 10 to 17, small cross-shaped tattoos.

Marsh and Bartels opted not to give their youngest 7-year-old child a tattoo because they decided he was too young, according to the Chattanooga Times Free Press.

When two of the children stayed over with their biological mother, she reported the incident to Division of Family and Children Services, and Marsh and Bartels ended up in jail.

Georgia law prohibits tattoos from anyone other than a licensed professional. Children under 18 are also prohibited from getting tattoos.

According to the Journal-Constitution:

At least 10 police officers searched the family's home on Dec. 28, Marsh says, and she and her husband were arrested. They were each charged with cruelty to children, reckless conduct and tattooing, something Marsh they didn't realize was illegal.
"If we knew that, we wouldn't have done it," Marsh said.
The couple bonded out of jail Friday, and now is awaiting a court date. DFACS temporarily took the children out of the home, Marsh said. But now all of the children are home.
Marsh says she feels that the entire incident has gotten blown out of proportion. The couple contends they are good parents, but now they're being labeled child abusers, which Marsh says is untrue.
"If I'm such a bad parent, then how come they brought the kids back right after I got out jail?" Marsh asked.

i would agreed with posts!!

im sure license tattoo nor pierced must approves if you work for in state of 50..

my vote says no for kids let have tattoo till over 18-21 between ages its strict laws

IF i have my own kids somedays i would not let my kids have tattoo till 21 or over if i says OK to means for tattoo.

i never using tattoo because my grandma wont let me have because my late grandfather would watch me.My grandma hates watch any people have tattoo i respect my grandma's decision.

IF non tattoo its would be ok for kids

pierced earring,body and nose wouldnt let have for kids till over 21 PEROID but i have ear pierced when i was teenager and my mom was so MAD!! I got 4 earring piercing i told my mom its my own decision not her.

What about Native Tribes? Some tribes do tattooing their children as blessing or something.

Like I mentioned about the stretching of earlobe in some tribes, I feel the same way about tattooing. I'm sure how they do it is a lot more painful than how we do it. But there's nothing we can do about it other than tell them how we feel.

One tribe think cone head is a symbol of intelligent. So from birth, they will wrap their infant head so it will be shape of a cone as a baby's head is soft and can be easily formed. I'm not sure if this harm the child though. This is known as Cranial binding. But this method is no longer done or rarely done, and I hope other method would be the same.

Last edited:
IMO, The kids need to get tattoo at age 16 over. If the kids are mature and good grade at school. I don't have tattoo yet. I don't think it's right for parents got kids tattoo under 14. That is bad influence.

IMO, The kids need to get tattoo at age 16 over. If the kids are mature and good grade at school. I don't have tattoo yet. I don't think it's right for parents got kids tattoo under 14. That is bad influence.

14 years old.... 16 years old...... a very small 2 years difference....

Back