Votes: 1 3.7%
  • No: Explain why?

Votes: 24 88.9%
  • Neutral: Explain why?

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's no more a disease than being short is a disease. It's just a way of being.

Not a disease. Hereditary in my case. Just a way of being to me.

Doctors and many other people look at deafness as something to be "fixed," like deaf people we are broken appliances. I don't know if these people consider deafness a disease or if they just want to make everyone like themselves.

I'm happy with myself and my life so I don't understand this idea.

Doctors and most people see disabilities as something to cure, treat, fix, etc. They say it would improve the quality of life. Deafness isn't a disease, but a disability(my opinion). I voted neutral as id like to become hearing(my choice).

Short answer is no, being deaf is just part of disability.

Glenn, who ya calling short? I'm gonna bite you on the shin. :mad2:

Disease, seriously? Nah, it is far from considering it as a disease.

Who ever said deafness is a disease really is manifesting on something else. Sure, there's a lot of reasons as to why or what causes deafness. But, there's nothing short of labeling it as a disease.

One person voted yes. I am wonder who did vote here?? That's interesting!
:giggle:

I did research over the website about hearing loss cause disease. It's none of report. The one person who was born with deaf and demand to be perfect hearing. He didn't want to be living with hearing loss. He can't became hearing from stem cell cure. All deaf people will be perfect hearing when they are in the heaven.

The best option for deaf people like to hear with hearing aids and cochlear implant only. Some deaf people didn't want to hear with HA and CI. That is fine. That is choice.

Hearing loss - MayoClinic.com

I offer the guy need go to library to read about living with hearing loss
books. The library have lots of deafness and living with hearing loss books. That is good information.

Living with Hearing Loss

Back