Do you take your dogs to the dog park?

• No

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Yes

Votes: 15 55.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
If I have my own dog then can take to the park as I am the repsonble (spelling) to watch after the dog and also if the dog already went for poo then have to pick up the poo from plastic bag and threw garbage cant leave in the ground. and also stay with the dog with the leash :).

depened on the signs said " No dog allowed" then cant use that park have to use other park.

What's the purpose of the dog parks?
Never seen one, anyways...
What happens if there is a dog(s) fights? Who would break up the
fights? Are there dog police there? LOL!
If the dog gets hurt, could be sued or something, geez.
are the owners responsible for cleaning up the dog poops? (ugh!) what if the
owner dont clean up the poops? would they have to pay a fine or something ?
dumb questions, i know.....hahaha... :dunno:

We do ocassionly our dogs love to spend time with more dogs and ours arn't the slightest bit agreesive so we don't worry about dog fights because it's only curtisy if you think your dog might be agressive not to bring them to a dog park and

Defee some parks there are fee's for not picking up your dogs wastethere are not dog police you break up any fights that msay acure but than you make sure your dog is not agressive and vise versa other owners

We take our Doberman, Hercules, to our city's 3 or 4 acre Dog Park once in a while. We do pay a $10 annual fee and he gets a special dog tag.

He gets really excited when we are within a few blocks of the Dog Park. He has to be on a leash from the car and through the first gate. Then we can unleash him and open the second gate after we're closed in.

That's when all the dogs gang up on him and ID his butt! :) He absolutely hates that! He follows us everywhere in the park cuz he is so shy. We try to step away from him when he's checking the place out. Then he runs back to us when he realizes we walked away.

Once in a great while, he does bark at some running dogs and gives chase. We've only seen 1 dog overpower another, so the little one's owner placed it in another fenced in acre that is separated from the rest. This area was fenced off this spring. What a great idea!

The park hasn't been there long. We do wish we were able to take H there when he was a puppy for better socialization. We got him in December and was hard to get him out and socialize.

Steve

I am not sure if we have a dog park here in Rochester. I need to check it out. I would LOVE to take my Jack Russell and let her run and play.

Defee said:
What's the purpose of the dog parks?
Never seen one, anyways...
What happens if there is a dog(s) fights? Who would break up the
fights? Are there dog police there? LOL!
If the dog gets hurt, could be sued or something, geez.
are the owners responsible for cleaning up the dog poops? (ugh!) what if the
owner dont clean up the poops? would they have to pay a fine or something ?
dumb questions, i know.....hahaha... :dunno:

No no, your questions are very good. I totally agree with you. I don't take my dogs to the dog park and never will do. I do not trust other peopel's dogs. Fight do happen in dog park and they can get really ugly.

Many owners do not understand how strong the pack instinct in their pets. This can create a territorial aggression because when you see a group of dogs that are allowed to run together, they will try to establish a rank order. If the dogs will not back down the challenage, there will be a big ugly fight.
My opinion, dogs who go to dog park should be those dogs who are always "happy" don't care about other dogs try to hump or put one of their paws on their face. Even don't care if that happy dog gets his neck bite often by other dogs.

If you guys go to the park, you will see many dogs try to pee at something. After that, it will sratch their paws on the ground and then shake. That is show is to show who is boss in the park.

I would take Sequoias' and my dog(if we get one) to the park to walking around so enjoy it... But, I saw alot of dogs walking, run, etc like that in the Park when Sequoias and I went to walking together. There's no fighting between of dogs because people handle their dogs simiple.

The "unwritten rule" of most dog parks is that if your dog is in a fight with another dog, your dog (and the other dog) is out for the rest of the day; the owner needs to leave with the dog in tow.

Another thing, it helps to have the females spayed and the males neutered. Once a female is in heat, all the male dogs go goofy and it's really a major no-no :nono:

I have taken Snickers to the dog park a good many times. Yes, she has gotten into fights and we have left right away. Once, she was attacked by another dog owner (this is an assault on a service dog); another time I was attacked by another dog owner and no one called the police either time. That was in Fargo, North Dakota and we no longer live there.

dog park? :confused:

The dog's owner is obligate to pick dog's business and throw to rubbish bin. You will get fine penatly if police see you left dog's business on the street or road.

Most dogs go to forest or field for their pee... We once caught my other neighbor let his dog piss on my fence... We told him to not do that again. He accepted and apology and then wash pee off from my metal fence.

Cane Corso said:
No no, your questions are very good. I totally agree with you. I don't take my dogs to the dog park and never will do. I do not trust other peopel's dogs. Fight do happen in dog park and they can get really ugly.

Many owners do not understand how strong the pack instinct in their pets. This can create a territorial aggression because when you see a group of dogs that are allowed to run together, they will try to establish a rank order. If the dogs will not back down the challenage, there will be a big ugly fight.
My opinion, dogs who go to dog park should be those dogs who are always "happy" don't care about other dogs try to hump or put one of their paws on their face. Even don't care if that happy dog gets his neck bite often by other dogs.

If you guys go to the park, you will see many dogs try to pee at something. After that, it will sratch their paws on the ground and then shake. That is show is to show who is boss in the park.
sorry for the double posting...never mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cane Corso said:

Oh thank you for the interesting input about the dog parks...whoa...i can imagine if the dogs are allowed to run loose all over the park..and get into fights...yikes..lol!..i would never take my dog there, no way! im like you, i wont do that either. I think it is a crazy idea. I rather take my dog for a walk thru the woods, down the road like i always do, its more peaceful that way, without any distractions from other dogs or whatever. Again thanks for enlighting me on the dog parks..I think its a pain in the arse...lol!

Liebling:-))) said:

The dog's owner is obligate to pick dog's business and throw to rubbish bin. You will get fine penatly if police see you left dog's business on the street or road.

Most dogs go to forest or field for their pee... We once caught my other neighbor let his dog piss on my fence... We told him to not do that again. He accepted and apology and then wash pee off from my metal fence.
Your neighbor's dog peed on your METAL fence, right? how could it hurt the
METAL fence? oh wait...what kind fencing is it? chain link or what?...if it is
chain link, how could dog pee hurt it?.... :dunno:

Defee said:
Your neighbor's dog peed on your METAL fence, right? how could it hurt the
METAL fence? oh wait...what kind fencing is it? chain link or what?...if it is
chain link, how could dog pee hurt it?.... :dunno:

The picture of my metal fence and gate show better than my description... :D You can see I add red cross where the dog alway peed until I caught him... I got him to wash my fence where his dog peed on.

Gate

The dog park is a huge lifesaver!

I got a huge bundle of fur that has endless engery, 2 hour walks is nothing to him on the leash but when we let him run without the leash at the dog park for a hour and half, he's calm enough to live in the house for the day

I bow down to dog parks.

The picture of my metal fence and gate show better than my description... :D You can see I add red cross where the dog alway peed until I caught him... I got him to wash my fence where his dog peed on.

Gate
Ohhh, i seee now, thats a "different" kind of metal fence...not a chain link!
thats a nice kind of fence...oh ok, well i sure dont blame you for getting upset for your neighbor's dog peeing on that! lol! If he keeps doing that, it would stain it something awful, whoa...haha...

??? I find it really dumb..

what about birds' droppings? or bugs' gooey..? they cant help it.. its nature.. and you put up the fence, to be expected get dirty from it.

anyways.. reply to Cane Corso..

Yes we have many dog parks around here in minnesota.. some places are so beauitful.. some places like farm fields.. some places like lake near by.. some places was like ugh..

we send our dog Rocky to few dog parks, it didnt work out as we hoping that he get over with his barking or excitments or terriorty.. so, they asked us to leave.. we understand and accepted.. I let Rocky sit behind the fences or far back.. let him look at other dogs.. teach him to be calm, not barking.. but it didnt work..

As soon, he trained and learned.. will sent him to dog parks.. to have fun with other dogs..

:)

Defee said:
Ohhh, i seee now, thats a "different" kind of metal fence...not a chain link!
thats a nice kind of fence...oh ok, well i sure dont blame you for getting upset for your neighbor's dog peeing on that! lol! If he keeps doing that, it would stain it something awful, whoa...haha...

True, I don't like to see pee or poo on next my fence... :cold: I am glad that we have law about dog business here in Germany.

Back