Do You Still Feel Safe?

yeah I still feel safe but just be careful where I am going that's all I never walk and text since my few phones ago lol cuz since I saw on news.. most tend to be robbed while not pay attention to where you are walking. so I use my phone in safe way like bathroom or whatever.. but not outside anymore :)

If you want to be 100% safe then just live in your house for the rest of your life. How boring is that?

There's danger in the house. Accidental fall down the stairs, tornado sweep up the house. Electrical house fire. Mm... carbon monoxide. Mmmm.... 100% safe...?? Not....

There's danger in the house. Accidental fall down the stairs, tornado sweep up the house. Electrical house fire. Mm... carbon monoxide. Mmmm.... 100% safe...?? Not....
We had that happen at my condo, 3 older people fell down their basement stairs . One poor guy fell down twice while trying to go back upstairs . :( He had to move to senior housing .

We had that happen at my condo, 3 older people fell down their basement stairs . One poor guy fell down twice while trying to go back upstairs . :( He had to move to senior housing .
I do feel less safe just being here.

I find the most innocuous statements always have a tie in to some horrible real life event....

Renee...
I can totally understand how you feel, I'm sorry this world has made you feel this way.
For myself, I am informed but I do find the need to unplug for awhile. Bad news is in our face 24/7. Surround yourself with good, positive people. I truly believe there are a lot more good people in this world than bad.

After hearing about all the shootings and terrorist attacks that are happening multiple times each month now, do you feel safe? I know I don't. I'm now scared of leaving home for fear of being shot. I'm worried that the next shooting might be in my town. I'm scared that there will be a terrorist attack or shooting near my relatives and they'll end up getting hurt. I already have family living in Dallas. I have heard from them since the shooting and because of that I am worried. I don't want to be raised in a world that is so messed up at the moment, and I certainly don't want to tell my own children what it was like when there was shooting in my area. What are your thoughts?

do I feel safe? well relatively safe. there's nothing I can do about all the shootings and terrorist attacks in the world and it will always happen. it does not affect me negatively enough for me to feel very fearful enough not to leave my home.

the world was already like this long before you were born and you just happen to feel like this because of selective memory and the increased and repeated message by media because of technology as it's so easy to repeat and share the terrible news thru social medias.

perhaps you should speak with your counselor or support group about your fear. it will help to talk about it.

I agree with a lot of what else is said here and I'll add that sometimes a self defense class (anything from a free class done by your local police to martial arts lessons and even something like fencing) can help you feel a little more confident. They'll reiterate the importance of being aware of your surroundings, having a 'plan' should you find yourself in a scary situation, using your available resources to hide or defend yourself, etc. Even first aid classes can be confidence builders because sometimes seeing other people injured and not knowing what to do is just frightening as having someone threaten you directly. A lot of what scared me as a teen stemmed from lack of experience, so as an adult I find that educating myself is often my first best step and like Jiro said, talking helps too, so don't be self conscious about asking for guidance from adults you trust.

I second the suggestion of taking a self defense class. There are varying qualities and methods so look into it carefully if you're interested...go and observe before you sign up for one, if it's an ongoing thing. I'm a small person who can't lift much and have some things that require accommodation and additional patience in a class setting, but I've taken a range of things, including a small amount of Krav Maga. There I sparred with a stereotypically " super buff gym guy" who was many times my ability but actually getting in there and seeing how it felt to go after someone physically - especially the kind of average-size <or above-average sized in this case> person or man that might go after a woman <as opposed to only sparring with women> - was very useful in increasing my confidence.

I feel safe except for driving on steep mountain roads. I had to do a lot of that during my trip in the Southwest.

I feel safe except for driving on steep mountain roads. I had to do a lot of that during my trip in the Southwest.
I know what you mean ! I lived on a mountain in Northern Ca. and the roads weren't only steep there a lot of blind spots and I had to honk my horn to warn any car that I was on the other side so that car could move over or both cars could had ended up going over the mountain .

I know what you mean ! I lived on a mountain in Northern Ca. and the roads weren't only steep there a lot of blind spots and I had to honk my horn to warn any car that I was on the other side so that car could move over or both cars could had ended up going over the mountain .

In AZ, the roads were well maintained but for me, it is seeing the steep cliff that just makes my heart race and palms sweaty. However, in Hollywood Hills, CA, the road going up to the Hollywood sign was an one street road so we had to watch extra careful of upcoming cars. There werre mirrors set on each curve for the drivers coming from the opposite direction to see you. Interesting!!!!

In AZ, the roads were well maintained but for me, it is seeing the steep cliff that just makes my heart race and palms sweaty. However, in Hollywood Hills, CA, the road going up to the Hollywood sign was an one street road so we had to watch extra careful of upcoming cars. There werre mirrors set on each curve for the drivers coming from the opposite direction to see you. Interesting!!!!
That would be nice if there were mirrors on the mountain road to see if a car was coming the opposite direction , I was lucky there wasn't very much traffic b/c I may not had heard a car horn in time . Then I would been kissing my ass goodbye ! LOL!

The talk about mountain roads brings back ancient memories for me. Not actually memory as I was only 3-4 years old but from family movies. We were living in Twin Falls Idaho at the time (starting in the fall of 1945 for about a year & a half) and on a day trip into the mountains there was a place that was so steep that we had to get out before Dad could drive the car up! The car was not new. Remember this is toward the end of WWII. So it was probably made in the 1930's.

I feel safe despite witnessed crazy situations. I think it's helpful I was taught by the security experts to handle the situation and report any unusual situation how matter how small it is. As diplomat expat, I have plenty of expat friends. Sadly, the cafe was massacred by thugs in Dhaka. One of my oldest friends knows cafe owner personally in Dhaka felt overwhelmed and unsafe. She was extremely upset over Dhaka situation, begging for Daesh to leave us alone. To be honest, I am not surprised it was a target because it is right in the heart of the diplomatic community. My advise is if you visit any diplomatic community in any country, be vigilant. If you don't feel safe, seek help.

I feel safe at home because of my mean pit bull. Just look at how scary her face is. lol

Attachments

• mean pit bull.jpg
    mean pit bull.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 8
OMG ! She so cute! Is she mix pit bull , my daughter had mix pit bull , and I miss my granddog so much !

She is a pit bull terrier. Yea, she is so adorable but she will protect us. My late dog, Lilly was such a timid dog and very easy going with everyone. Whenever my next door neighbor comes by, she would growl and bark. She never did that with anyone else. Then she passed away. We got the pit bull and she has the same personality except for being timid (alpha female) but she is so friendly with everyone except for my next door neighbor. she starts growling and bark like an aggressive pit bull do if he stops by. So that means she is capable of protecting us by appearing aggressive when needed. lol

Back