Do you pick up pennies off the sidewalk?

Mimsy

Reaction score
I always pick up pennies or dimes or whatever coins I see laying on the sidewalk. Do you? I was with with my friends earlier and they laughed at me for picking up a penny. My friend said that when her mother sweeps the floor in their apartment and there's a penny in the dust, she throws it away with the dust in the dustpan!!

I used to Mimsy but now with my bad knees I can't bend over to pick then up!!hahaha

I always pick up pennies or dimes or whatever coins I see laying on the sidewalk. Do you? I was with with my friends earlier and they laughed at me for picking up a penny. My friend said that when her mother sweeps the floor in their apartment and there's a penny in the dust, she throws it away with the dust in the dustpan!!

I used to be like your mom and throw pennies away. Now, I just ignore them; I'm aware that some people go after them, so, hey. Might as well let someone have a chance, right?

Seriously though, I don't go reaching for anything worth less than a dime.

I pick up any and all coins. A penny invested pays for a long time. :)

If Im having a bad day and theres one face up I..... Wait, theres something shiney.

I used to throw pennies out until I started working at the bank :P Now I see people bring in rolls upon rolls of coin and end up depositing over a hundred dollars sometimes!

Nah, I leave it for someone less fortunate though the person who does pick it up is probably better off than me.

always save what you can. for those who laugh are the one most insincere about themselves. :cool2:

Sure do....have a penny jar, it's pretty big. You can never be completely "broke" if you save ur pennies.

yes that what i do,i put all small change in a pot it called my shrapnel pot

Heads up is good luck, but you have to give the tails up ones away.

some years back a big ruck sack fell off lorry the mony was off to be destroyed but it was still legal tender,700.000 quid on lorry 70.00 in each bag . two people ran to get it the honest one got to it first and recieved 7000 reward was lady, the man said been different story if he found it first...a moral dilema..
it happened about 5yrs back..rules been changed on how to dispose of money now

Never forget a former friend, who married a rich guy....and whenever she went to the stores/restaurants, (especially fast food) and the clerk gave her change back...she discarded it in the trash!....

They are now divorsed, and she is having a hard time making ends meet....guessing all that change she threw away in the trash could have paid her rent if necessary.....I surely don't "pinch pennies", but then again, I don't throw them away.

most shops got charity tin put penny change in if dont want it here england,apart from some big supermarkets

Back