do you love tivo?

superdeaf57

Reaction score
i wonder how many deaf people use tivo? which tivo you have at home? let me know ok

I can't even watch television anymore, I'm too spoiled (and impatient) for all the dang commercials ;)

Got tivo nearly 3 years ago. We signed up for a 3 year contract since it wa cheaper. Our VCR went on the fritz so tivo was the VCR replacement. It was nice sometimes to copy videos, or go back in time , or watch 2 shows at once. Only problem is that the caption doesnt work if you transfer a copy of the video you saved on tivo to your computer. our tivo is part of our network. Tivo doesnt save line 21 caption and I complained to tivo and they will never support it. Soon our contact is up and I think we are going to go with cable DVR since its cheaper. Only time I will go with back to tivo is they solve the caption problem on pc. caption only works from tivo directly to tv. GRRRRR. I used to travel alot and I thought tivo was the answer to my problems so I can watch my recorded shows on pc but whats point if caption doesnt work ?!

I'm a Tivo freak here. I have a Tivo HD and I upgraded the hard drive with a 1 TB hard drive. I also have a Tivo Series 2 with a 750 GB hard drive.

That's good! I almost bought that service a few months ago. I decided to buy EyeTV service for my computer, and I like it. It is similar to TiVo. But, I still have to pay my TV cable.

I just found out that an iPhone or iPod Touch 3G can record the shows awhile you are away as long as your computer is on. You can connect an external hard disk to your computer for more room like 1 TB hard disk.

http://www.elgato.com/elgato/na/mainmenu/products/software/EyeTV-app.en.html

Only problem is that the caption doesnt work if you transfer a copy of the video you saved on tivo to your computer. our tivo is part of our network. Tivo doesnt save line 21 caption and I complained to tivo and they will never support it. Soon our contact is up and I think we are going to go with cable DVR since its cheaper. Only time I will go with back to tivo is they solve the caption problem on pc. caption only works from tivo directly to tv. GRRRRR. I used to travel alot and I thought tivo was the answer to my problems so I can watch my recorded shows on pc but whats point if caption doesnt work ?!

FYI, if you can get your captions decoded before the Tivo records it, then you can transfer the open-captioned programs to your PC.

I do this with a coupon-eligible digital-to-analog converter box (like the Insignia's) which can decode the digital captions. I have lots of open-captioned programs I've transferred to my PC by doing this.

I've been using an older analog Tivo Series 2 to record TV programs that don't show up on Hulu with captions, like "Medium" and "CSI" and some PBS programs like Masterpiece Classic. Otherwise, I've got lots of programming to watch on Hulu.com with captions.

FYI, if you can get your captions decoded before the Tivo records it, then you can transfer the open-captioned programs to your PC.

I do this with a coupon-eligible digital-to-analog converter box (like the Insignia's) which can decode the digital captions. I have lots of open-captioned programs I've transferred to my PC by doing this.

I've been using an older analog Tivo Series 2 to record TV programs that don't show up on Hulu with captions, like "Medium" and "CSI" and some PBS programs like Masterpiece Classic. Otherwise, I've got lots of programming to watch on Hulu.com with captions.

Hmm interesting.. never thought about that. so - whats the model of insignia you know it works for you?

Back