Do you like to post on AD on your smartphone?

Do you like to post on AD on your smartphone?

• Other - my reason is different

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Yes - I surf and post actively on AD with my phone

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No - I prefer to use desktop/laptop to post

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Mixed - I browse with my phone but I rarely post with it

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

naisho

Forum Disorders M.D.,Ph.D
Reaction score
Couple of questions today for AD members.
I'm putting up this poll to see what the majority of our active members tend to use AD, to get a better gauge if they like to use AD on their smartphones.

I prefer my computer or my ten inch tablet, but that is obvious due to my vision. It's pretty impossible on a phone for me.

I surf AD all the time off my iPhone, but if I know I'm going to want to make a lengthy response, I wait til I get to my laptop (although I have used my iPad sometimes.)

I do not like the mobile version. It forces me to log in every single time.

We/Alex is looking into suggestions about the mobile site. I made a mistake with the poll, it should include smartphone+tablets rather than just phone.

We might look into actual app that has a native text field so it is easier for members to reply from their phones. I've noticed that it can be difficult to write in the text box from non-PC devices, but a native app may be able to get around this issue.

I usually post on my smartphone, but leave pic posting and lengthy convrrsations to my laptop.

I picked mixed. Sometimes I surfed here during my breaks but rarely made any post. I don't like typing on my phone because it's so tiny - I spent 90% of the time fix my misspelled or correct the stupid auto-correction words.

AD needs improve with mobile for "go advanced" as post message for quote, pictures, and click next page. Make it simple like Facebook mobile.

I voted Yes because I often post on AD forum when I'm away from home.

My laptop tends to be in possession of my daughter lately so I've been on it with my hone a lot lately. I hate it. For some reason I can't hit the o key I always hit the i.....maybe because it's an iphone :D I tried the app once, I disliked it intensely I just open the forum in safari. But it's hard to bold and use italics, so I prefer my comp , but it's better than the app!!!

I feel like I can't vote :laugh2: I do post with it but I don't like it :D

The app on the android market is not ours, if you guys used this one:

pNOOYAQ.png

That guy wasn't related nor a member on AD. He just searched active forums with site rankings and used the google reader app and linked it up with a forum interface so members could post. It lacked a lot of actual forum functions.

Since google discontinued reader (Google Reader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) it should no longer work.

The app on the android market is not ours, if you guys used this one:

9204678-1363514437274.png

That guy wasn't related nor a member on AD. He just searched active forums with site rankings and used the google reader app and linked it up with a forum interface so members could post. It lacked a lot of actual forum functions.

Since google discontinued reader (Google Reader - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) it should no longer work.

Oh I think that's what I tried, it was when I had my droid, I have an iphone now but I didn't even out the app on it because I wouldn't use it when I had the droid.

AD needs improve with mobile for "go advanced" as post message for quote, pictures, and click next page. Make it simple like Facebook mobile.
May think about TapaTalk since it is easier to add existing than develop code from scratch. Have you tried TapaTalk before on other forum?

May think about TapaTalk since it is easier to add existing than develop code from scratch. Have you tried TapaTalk before on other forum?

I have tried TapaTalk and it's okay.

Desktop and iPad user here. Don't go to Mobile much unless I have no other choices.

Wirelessly posted

JClarke said:
Desktop and iPad user here. Don't go to Mobile much unless I have no other choices.
Same here.

I dislike limits on a mobile phone, especially view photos. If my bills are too higher, I only stick with some of my important bills, leaving TV and computer disconnected for a bit while. It happened a few times.

Last edited:
Never go to the web on my cell phone - use my desktop only.

I usually post with my computer at home, when I am not home and brings my laptop, I use it to post. I rarely make post on my phone, it more hassle to post on the phone.

I am mainly using IPad and phone these days as I struggle with computer screens due to vision-problems. They are easier for some reason. Plus I don't stay in one place for long, am always on the move even in the house.

Back