Do You Know Any Wordpress Sites For Deaf And/or Sign Language Users?

michael.heuberger

Reaction score
Hello folks

I'm Michael, a Deaf programmer and am looking for WordPress sites driven for Deaf people and/or for Sign Language Users. Or even WordPress sites run by Deaf people themselves.

Why? I've been working for a long time on a cool project that allows Sign Language based contact forms in plain HTML which is so awesome! It is based on this one open source code of mine https://github.com/binarykitchen/videomail-client

And the WordPress plugin itself is open source too at https://github.com/kjohnson/ninja-forms-videomail

These links point to code my team wrote. Just sharing so that you see it's real. A live example can be seen on www.videomail.io - it can be inside a WordPress contact form now. That's wicked.

Will be in Beta next month and happy to offer it to those WordPress sites for a start. Just imagine Sign Language in contact forms!

If you're interested or know of any WordPress sites that could use it, let me know.

Cheers
Michael

I love the concept. Looked at your code on github too. The Videomail.io example is not Safari friendly, so I didn't get a chance to try it out.

Thanks man. You a Deaf programmer too? Cool ...

Yeah, Videomail works on all modern browsers except Safari. Blame goes to Apple for not implementing the getUserMedia API (but there is rumors it will be soon). For now, suggest to use Videomail with Edge, Firefox or Chrome.

Loved programming. :) Still do it, but I work as an entrepreneur now.

Definitely get you on getUserMedia. We'll see how it goes. I love Apple, but sometimes they can be a pain in the rear to work with :P

Do you have a video of the plugin working by any chance?

Enterpreneur? Cool. What about?

I am positive Apple will implement getUserMedia soon, then videomail works anywhere :)

Video example? Why don't you try www.videomail.io yourself and send someone a signed video message in ASL and see it for yourself?

Hahaha, I would, if I could use Firefox at this point. Right now I don't have the luxury -- I am on travel and all my tech toys are back home. :)

I do multiple enterprises. Usually most of them end up high-tech though.

Back