Do you get treated differently than your sibblings?

~*Kaelei*~

Reaction score
Have you ever been treated differently than your siblings?

I have...and I'm so sick of it. I have three step sisters, one is 10 years older than I am and two are twins, a year younger than I am.

But the twins, that is year younger I am gets special treatments, ever since my dad remarried. I was only child until my dad remarried when I was fifteen. Dad knows that Doni treats her daughters differently than I do and he doesn't do anything about it. Like, they get later curfew than I do, or they are allowed to get belly button pierced or tattoos when I'm NOT allowed because of my dad, he says no. They get to do stuff whatever they wish to do and I'm not allowed, instead I always have to ask and blah blah blah.

Well, When I turned 18, I found a man I fell in love with and I got pregnant. They called the cops on me because my boyfriend was 15 years older than me but it's not illegal because I was of age and then when my parents made me to the pregnancy test, and found out I'm pregnant, I was kicked out of the house. Then in 2006, after 8 months my son was born, I couldn't deal with them anymore, I had enough with them, they were putting me down and everything that my husband, my kid and I left to Alaska. I didn't talk to them for years. Then we moved back and I just started talking to Dad again, trying to patch up the realtionship.

Well my darling sister who's a year younger than I am, who's the star of the family, got pregnant and she just gave birth in February. What pisses me off is that they accepted it, they even welcomed the kid when they didn't do that to me or my kid! The baby's father won't do anything with her or the baby, but my parents didn't say anything about it, just that he's a jerk. It just blows my mind off because they have sneered, make negative remarks of my husband when he's the one that has took me in, married me, loved me and took care of us.

I don't get it at all! It just makes me want to scream, that they're treating me differently than her, and yet we both were in same situation with the baby thing but they think she's perfect and all that. Hell, they just got her tickets for Los Vegas for her 21st birthday! Something that they were gonna do for me but noooooo, they decided not to do it. I admit, I'm very jealous of her, that she gets to go to Los Vegas for her freaking 21st birthday and she gets all these special treatments. It's just not completely fair...it just makes me want to scream at my parents, to tell them how unfair it is for me, that I get nothing when *she* gets everything.

I hate it, I absolutely hate it! I think it has to do something with my deafness, that I'm being treated differently than my younger siblings that are just a year younger than I am.

I swear that I will NOT treat my kids differently, that is if I have more than one kid...I swear I will not do what my parents do. The feeling is just horrible and I won't put my kids through that.

Seems like such a bad relationship that you should just forget them. And create your new family and happy life.

mostly siblings always trust know what do and dont!

i never give my step-siblings everythings treated.I do trust my step-siblings everythings what i wanted in my trusts.

but i never using tattoo nor body piece but my grandmother really hates it! im really stay away from that and im still clean my body.

my cousin Melissa got pregnant when she was 18 years old and im not sure who father of their baby they later she got pregnant again under one years of her son i didnt understand why but after she birth of 2 boys she got married someone boys that she meet somewhere its totally unbelieveables but she same ages of my boyfriend's.

my brother got smoking but im not sure what old he started but i got quit smoking dues lung surgery when i was 12 years old but im been smoking for 6 years when i was 18 years old but i had scars on my back.And also my cousin Nolan also smoking but i totally shocking about my cousin started smoking he 18 years old but my Aunt Bev hates it remind of my late Grandfather.But my boyfriend James really hates smoking front anyone people who smoking i understand on my boyfriend's respectives.

Last edited:
Yep my 2 brothers that's older than me they get whatever they want, my parents let one out by himself anytime he want when he was 13, give him money for cigs (he started smoking at 13) alcohol, and pot let him drink alcohol when he's like 17 got him so many nice things for xmas, give him money constantly for whatever he want, and doesn't care that he's smoking, drinking, breaking laws (he had felony but it got wiped off when he turned 18), sleeping around (once my mom actually went out and brought him grocery bag FULL of condoms) and other one (oldest one and he's half brother with diff father) is being treated like a baby, mom'd baby him let him eat so much that its ridilicious (he's obese of course) let him drinks as well, give him money for pot too, BUT with me they don't even allowed me to stay home alone, sleepover at someone else's house than one friend, they won't let me go out alone like mall to shop, they won't let me visit friends at their house for a day only adult supervised group event maybe once a year, no after school sports, I wasn't even allowed to cuss, won't give me a dime of their money, only shop for me once a year, get cheap awful presents, no bday party since 11 years old, treat me like I'm criminal assuming I'm going to go out and get pregnant, raped, murdered, use all hard drugs, or whatever all at once instantly if they let me out just one time (wtf?) my dad won't learn sign to communicate, he don't even bothr writing papers either, so at the end I called cops to help me to get away and flew to east coast and now I'm engaged to wonderful guy of 30 months I've gotten so much in life in 2 years living here I never get to have in my whole life like chance to go college when money's right (they were not gonna let me go college, get permit/license to drive, nothing while they brought 13,000 car for one for his 21st bday and always buying cars for other all time since he was 13) got driving license, own car I paid for by myself, got house, get to eat any amount I want, not being criticized if I get past 90 family'd call me fat and if I eat bit more than they allowed me to they'd get mad and say stop eating "so much" and I need leave food for boys cuz they're big and male they need food and I was friggin 88 pound that time and starving all time only eat once or twice if I'm lucky a day usually. But now I'm 100 pound and happy.
So you should only focus on yourself, tristan and your hubby tune out them for chance of happiness you created on your own.
(Ps: sorry for super long 100 pages tragedy (spelling?) novel story!)

have you ever told your dad how you feel about it when you saw your young sister got the different treatment than you? Simply let your dad know that you treat her differently because you are deaf? that would make him feel BAD.

i agree that it is completely unfair.

It just that parents are being freak when their daughter as turn 18 is with someone is over 10 years. It's different situation than rather have someone who is being 18 and with someone is closer to age that parents would able to be accept. Before or after know their mate. That how someone being treat different.

Perhaps, your dad was overprotective of his only daughter (by blood) and didn't care what happened to the other kids.

Was it your dad that kicked you out of the house or the rest of the family?

Perhaps, your dad was overprotective of his only daughter (by blood) and didn't care what happened to the other kids.

Was it your dad that kicked you out of the house or the rest of the family?

We're not related by blood.... I was adopted when I was only a day old.

Nope, it was all her that kicked me out of the house...and Dad just went along with her, he was too upset with me to even say anything about it.

Nope, it was all her that kicked me out of the house...and Dad just went along with her, he was too upset with me to even say anything about it.
Sorry about that.

Have you talked to your dad about it... about why he's acting like this? Remind him that you're his daughter and that you were seriously hurt when he allowed the rest of the family to treat you that way... while they treat the other one like a princess.

Oh, that explains. I noticed some adopted children tend to get treated differently by adoptive parents whereas their biological children treat equally. It happened to my friend. He left his adoptive family for good long ago and he is on his own ever since. I am adopted as well, but it is just an opposite though.

I am sorry to hear what you went through. Like what Bottesini said, "forget them and create your new family and happy life." perhaps, your dad will realize what he is missing.

I am curious.. have you thought about finding your biological parents?

Hugs

I'm sorry that family did to you. It's their loss for how they treated you differently. You got a new family and I think it would be nice if you move on and to live with your new family.

As for the question on the title, my answer is no -- quite opposite, and I was not happy about it. But when years had passed, everything got better and improved...

Oh, that explains. I noticed some adopted children tend to get treated differently by adoptive parents whereas their biological children treat equally. It happened to my friend. He left his adoptive family for good long ago and he is on his own ever since. I am adopted as well, but it is just an opposite though.

I am sorry to hear what you went through. Like what Bottesini said, "forget them and create your new family and happy life." perhaps, your dad will realize what he is missing.

I am curious.. have you thought about finding your biological parents?

Hugs

Being adopted doesn't make different. It just who child able to win over parents' respect. It's just individual who make choice that parents (depend on their idea) may not like.

Being adopted doesn't make different. It just who child able to win over parents' respect. It's just individual who make choice that parents (depend on their idea) may not like.
Yeah, that's true. It varies on the parents. Some parents treat their children as equals... whether they're adopted or not. Some parents may show favorites. Some might simply be tired and don't know when to stop.

Back