Do you dream in Sign?

rebeccalj

Reaction score
I don't dream often but, last night, I dreamed and it was all in sign. People didn't speak. Just use ASL.

Does anyone else dream in sign? Or, are your dreams with speaking? Combination?

Curious.

Most of the time people do not speak or sign in my dreams. Once in while people will say a few words or yell or scream.

Most of the time people do not speak or sign in my dreams. Once in while people will say a few words or yell or scream.

Do you hear them? I'm curious because I don't. They might talk in *some* dreams but, even when they do, I do not hear them and I am not 100% deaf so I recognize tones and sounds but not everything. My speech comprehension is zero. I only know that someone *might* be talking depending on the tone of their voice.

I once had a dream that I could hear and it was the weirdest experience ever. People talked to me in the dream and I could hear it (it wasn't actual hearing, it was like a ticker tape machine in my brain). Other than that, when people are talking in my dream, it's either in sign or occasionally captioned. Maybe I'm a weird dreamer.

Wirelessly posted

I have had dreams of my hearing husband signing expressively in full on sign language to me. It gives me hope that it will come true soon.

I once had a dream that I could hear and it was the weirdest experience ever. People talked to me in the dream and I could hear it (it wasn't actual hearing, it was like a ticker tape machine in my brain). Other than that, when people are talking in my dream, it's either in sign or occasionally captioned. Maybe I'm a weird dreamer.

Just curious but did you *hear* their voices? I sometimes wonder about that part...

Last edited:
Do you hear them? I'm curious because I don't. They might talk in *some* dreams but, even when they do, I do not hear them and I am not 100% deaf so I recognize tones and sounds but not everything. My speech comprehension is zero. I only know that someone *might* be talking depending on the tone of their voice.

I hear them but I don't always make out the words just like rl. I do remember a few dreams in sign.

I don't think I've ever had a captioned dream.

I dream in sign and I am hearing.

Not always.

I also dream in printed forms, like reading and or typing and captioned.

Also dream in Spanish which makes sense as I can carry on a conversation in it, but I've also dreamed in languages I don't know how to speak.

Yes, also had dreams where I am telepathic, or can do other things impossible in the "real" world.

Including rewinding the dream and doing it different ways until it turns out the way I want it to. (Like winning a fight).

I dream in sign and I am hearing.

Not always.

I also dream in printed forms, like reading and or typing and captioned.

Also dream in Spanish which makes sense as I can carry on a conversation in it, but I've also dreamed in languages I don't know how to speak.

Yes, also had dreams where I am telepathic, or can do other things impossible in the "real" world.

Including rewinding the dream and doing it different ways until it turns out the way I want it to. (Like winning a fight).

i do that too sometimes , it pisses me off when osmeone wakes me up when i was having a really good dream, its like the best movie...

sometimes id have the recurring dreams that lasts for a month and other time it goes away then its back 6 months or 5 years later and continues for a while then goes...No idea why...theres several i still remembers and still counts that 'i'd return there' perhaps its the parrallel universive (no i dont copy fringe , ive always known it for a long time, read about it somewhere when i was young, especially stuffs about dreams, ESP, sci-fi fan in school ..

Just curious but did you *hear* their voices? I sometimes wonder about that part...

In the dream I thought I heard them. Looking back on it, I was reading them off a print out machine like a heart monitor in hospital you know? Dream Me thought thus was what hearing was like I guess. I've never heard anything so maybe it is? Haha

I have a dream to join a football team even though I am a deaf but I really love football more than anything else....

Back