Do you believe in grounding your child/children?

I'm against corporal punishment in school systems, and I'm glad my children's school does not do that...IF they did, I'll be moving

I haven't got myself in trouble to received any corporal punishment from the principal during my jr high school years, :knock on the wood:

Awww Cheri

You got me a laughing my hind off ...I like what you wrote here cracked me up, I like how you discipline, it's very accurated you did the right thing, and your son frightened looks on his face got me laughing I can imagining it, keeps up the good job Mommy!!!

Also My mom said never spanks the kids But talk to the kids why they shouldn't and what they did is wrong and explaining what they did is wrong, etcs, Communication is the Key to Love and Understanding and To Learn what's right from wrong, then punish the kids...Do you spanks your kids or not ?

P.S. KINGOFNOOBS sound like he needs a good spanking hee hee hee!!! JK

Yes, I do grounding punishments, such as not playing outdoors with friends, or having friends over, or not having to play with their video games. Depends on how bad it is, When my son got a bad grade on his report card, I would grounded him for one week, and if it happens again he would be grounded for another week and even discuss the bad grade with him, and why he went from A to C, if he needed help with anything he could have asked me, and even discuss how education was important and that should be his first priority than his friends or any other activities. He's very smart but getting a bit lazy with his school work, because he seems to chooses his friends and been spending so much time with his friends and not doing much with his school work, I cut that so he could improve better, and only spend weekends with his friends so that he could do better in school.

My youngest son has been talking in class twice, but I don't grounded him over that, I just talked to him about it, and how important education is for him, and he should not be talking in class, should focus his attention on his teacher and his school work, and talking is later when it is allowed. I even told him if it happens again, Don't make me come to your class, sit and watch you like a hawk, I know I got through him good on that one, I could see his face looks frighten. :Ohno: Lol!!! :lol:

QUOTE=RebelGirl;717878]I would like a feedback whether you believe in grounding your child or children or not?

Hi. I have two children. They are too young for to be grounded, but when they reach the reasonable age to be grounded, we will ground them if the need arise, depending on how severe the situation is, as to what the child did to deserve punishment. For now, we are still doing time outs, which is still working for both our children.

If your kid fought in school, would you ground him/her? If your kid talks back, makes bad grades, disobey you , etc, would you ground him/her? How long do you ground him/her for?

It all depends on the situation and the severity of it.

If you don't believe in grounding, how do you punish your child for wrong doing? I'm just really curious. I've never been grounded before and my boyfriend has. My boyfriend has the military punishment since his step-dad was in the army. So he was pretty strict. I grew up almost never getting in trouble. I have talked in class, made a couple of bad grades, fought with another student and so on, but never once been grounded.

I'm not from a military family, but I have been grounded a few times, usually for breaking curfew, not getting back home on time & stuff like that. I did not get grounded for talking back to a teacher 'cause my Mom knew that the teacher dealt with that herself/himself like giving me a markdown on my grade or dentention. As for bad grades, my Mom also never grounded me for that. My grades are my responsibilities, she would just talk to me and tell me that she's disappointed but hoped I'd do better from that point on and stuff. She knew I was like her, never really liking school & w/ being absent alot due to various reasons, it wasn't always easy to get good grades, esp in one certain class that I had always struggled with. I also have fought with classmates at school but they weren't physical, they were simple arguments between friends & boyfriends. So, no, I don't get grounded for that, at all. :]

Now, my boyfriend and I have an issue whether to ground my daughter for talking in class but yet she made the A-B honor roll. That's one of the reason i didn't ground her but to talk to her about not talking in class and wait til the teacher gives permission for the kids to talk in class. My boyfriend thinks the opposite. He thinks we should ground her for like 2 days to make her realize its not funny and its serious. I kinda agree with him but I feel bad.

Honestly, I wouldn't ground my children for simply talking in class, especially if they are making A's and B's! Kids has a tendency to talk a lot, that's perfectly normal! Now, if they were talking back to the teacher, then that's a different story! Depending on what the child said, the child might get grounded for probably a day & I'd demand that my child apologize to the teacher by writing a apology letter! And, I'll know if my child brought it to the teacher or not since I will check w/ my child's teacher! :]

I would be happy to hear from your side and tell me how you punish your child. I'm not speaking of spanking.. only on how to punish and in what way.

Let me know what you guys decided to do. Good luck!

-DeafMama78

thanks[/QUOTE]

QUOTE=RebelGirl;717878]I would like a feedback whether you believe in grounding your child or children or not?

Hi. I have two children. They are too young for to be grounded, but when they reach the reasonable age to be grounded, we will ground them if the need arise, depending on how severe the situation is, as to what the child did to deserve punishment. For now, we are still doing time outs, which is still working for both our children.

If your kid fought in school, would you ground him/her? If your kid talks back, makes bad grades, disobey you , etc, would you ground him/her? How long do you ground him/her for?

It all depends on the situation and the severity of it.

If you don't believe in grounding, how do you punish your child for wrong doing? I'm just really curious. I've never been grounded before and my boyfriend has. My boyfriend has the military punishment since his step-dad was in the army. So he was pretty strict. I grew up almost never getting in trouble. I have talked in class, made a couple of bad grades, fought with another student and so on, but never once been grounded.

I'm not from a military family, but I have been grounded a few times, usually for breaking curfew, not getting back home on time & stuff like that. I did not get grounded for talking back to a teacher 'cause my Mom knew that the teacher dealt with that herself/himself like giving me a markdown on my grade or dentention. As for bad grades, my Mom also never grounded me for that. My grades are my responsibilities, she would just talk to me and tell me that she's disappointed but hoped I'd do better from that point on and stuff. She knew I was like her, never really liking school & w/ being absent alot due to various reasons, it wasn't always easy to get good grades, esp in one certain class that I had always struggled with. I also have fought with classmates at school but they weren't physical, they were simple arguments between friends & boyfriends. So, no, I don't get grounded for that, at all. :]

Now, my boyfriend and I have an issue whether to ground my daughter for talking in class but yet she made the A-B honor roll. That's one of the reason i didn't ground her but to talk to her about not talking in class and wait til the teacher gives permission for the kids to talk in class. My boyfriend thinks the opposite. He thinks we should ground her for like 2 days to make her realize its not funny and its serious. I kinda agree with him but I feel bad.

Honestly, I wouldn't ground my children for simply talking in class, especially if they are making A's and B's! Kids has a tendency to talk a lot, that's perfectly normal! Now, if they were talking back to the teacher, then that's a different story! Depending on what the child said, the child might get grounded for probably a day & I'd demand that my child apologize to the teacher by writing a apology letter! And, I'll know if my child brought it to the teacher or not since I will check w/ my child's teacher! :]

I would be happy to hear from your side and tell me how you punish your child. I'm not speaking of spanking.. only on how to punish and in what way.

Let me know what you guys decided to do. Good luck!

-DeafMama78

thanks
[/QUOTE]

I already decided that I would sit down and talk to her first before going any further. So that's what I did. Seems to be okay now.

I already decided that I would sit down and talk to her first before going any further. So that's what I did. Seems to be okay now.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I think that was the best way to go in that situation, that's excatly what I would do! :]

How about this one Cheri LOL

How about telling your son this: Don't make me come to your class in my pajama and robe and slippers and embarass you in front of your class!!!:rofl:

Don't make me come to your class, sit and watch you like a hawk, I know I got through him good on that one, I could see his face looks frighten. :Ohno: Lol!!! :lol:

deafmama78

Have you watch the shows called SuperNanny ?

Clicks on this: Supernanny :: the official online community of the show, with parenting and childcare advice, tips and resources

It does not matter how young they are...They have to be taughted right from wrong before they gets olders...

I watch that show SuperNanny, she does have the parents to grounded them but Not in a abusive ways...This is a great show for all parents who do not know how to handles their own kids...How about they should get a book called Mommy for Dummies and Daddy for Dummies or Parents for Dummies...

It's sad how many parents have babies then don't teach them love, what's right from wrong and their kids get bigger started slappin' their parents around or beatin' on their parents, name callin' and more, this is horrified...

I suggested that anyone not to have any childrens unless they are ready for it ....They should take Parental Classes to learns how to raise their children with Love & Discipline and in the right way too......

Discipline is important, if you don't discipline your kids, they will grow up become very bad and very rebellis later in life, so it's very important they start at very young to understand what's right from wrong!

deafmama78[COLOR="Purple" said:
Hi. I have two children. They are too young for to be grounded, but when they reach the reasonable age to be grounded, we will ground them if the need arise, depending on how severe the situation is, as to what the child did to deserve punishment. For now, we are still doing time outs, which is still working for both our children.[/COLOR]

I do believe grounding kids. But, the love and communication must involve. The kids i have, when i discipline my kids to go to their room, give different time frame. when things calm down, i sit down and talk with them, Why? Bec i love them and show for their sense of love and how parents should show love toward them. I do not believe by timidating them, like you stupid or you dont know nothing and etc. Also, when my oldest one was like 5 yrs old kindergarten, my hearing friend who is most gossipper of all came to me said I should punish her good for talking bad language, i was puzzled if my girl ever said that and secondly I told that woman she has no authority to tell me to punish my kids. So I had a talk with my daughter if she said that, she thought nothing is wrong, so I told her, it is not good to talk like that, it is a bad words. She cried and felt really bad, I told her, I'm not going to punish you, bec you dont know what that means and she said many kids at her school said that and I better tell them not to say that. I told her, well, dont punish them or etc, it is their parents responsibility to take care of it and I also told her, probably they learned from their parents. That's how I handle my kids.

christlovedeaf

You are a good parents and you did excellent job how to teach and help your daughter to understand what's right and what's wrong, this is a good example you wrote here...You did the right things and I was aware of adults or school childrens or in public places usin' bad languages that are not proper in any way and my younger sister is still married to a loser which her husband cusses cusses cusses ever since my younger sister had two precious children, that's my niece and nephew...

One day they was at my momma's house which we all babysats them a long time ago while my sister went to work, boy them kids cusses usin' the F words and a MF words, we was all jaw dropped in shocked, my momma and my older sister does not like my younger sister's husband also my younger sister's husband's brother cusses too, shakin' mah head...

It does makes me angry and my family angry when people usin' foul languages, Wish there's a law to stop it, my daddy is totally against bad languages he hated it, you know what my daddy said (he said usin' dirty bad languages is like a garbage comin' out of your mouth)...

I totally agreed with my daddy, that made sense!

I do believe grounding kids. But, the love and communication must involve. The kids i have, when i discipline my kids to go to their room, give different time frame. when things calm down, i sit down and talk with them, Why? Bec i love them and show for their sense of love and how parents should show love toward them. I do not believe by timidating them, like you stupid or you dont know nothing and etc. Also, when my oldest one was like 5 yrs old kindergarten, my hearing friend who is most gossipper of all came to me said I should punish her good for talking bad language, i was puzzled if my girl ever said that and secondly I told that woman she has no authority to tell me to punish my kids. So I had a talk with my daughter if she said that, she thought nothing is wrong, so I told her, it is not good to talk like that, it is a bad words. She cried and felt really bad, I told her, I'm not going to punish you, bec you dont know what that means and she said many kids at her school said that and I better tell them not to say that. I told her, well, dont punish them or etc, it is their parents responsibility to take care of it and I also told her, probably they learned from their parents. That's how I handle my kids.

I believe in grounding, and I used that with my son. But I usually reserved it as a last resort. I would try other things first. As for talking out in class, I think that you did the right thing by talking toher about it first. You could always explain to her why that is not appropriate, and let her know that if she continues to talk out in class and get into trouble with the teacher that she will be grounded. That gives her some responsibility for trying to correct her behavior before you have to actually punish her.

if i have a child, i will talk him or her abt this, if they dont follow my rule then can grounding them for that

Yes I do believe in grounding my kids when they are having negative behaviors or not doing well in school.

Demanding on how does my kids (not now, near future) doing in school or behavior. My kid and I probably will talk dealin' with the trouble. I'll decide if it's ground or not. Of course, not just me. My wife (not now again, near future) and I will discussing about it. Just like democracy. Not Communist. heh...I ain't a dictator. heh

My parents were rarely never ground me. :D I'm a good kid. lol

Yep, kids should be punished in some ways. Being grounded does not require physical abuse.

Show your children love and interesting in them. Praise them when good, use form of discipline when bad. Is it work hard to teach your children to respect?

Show your children love and interesting in them. Praise them when good, use form of discipline when bad. Is it work hard to teach your children to respect?

Well, if you teach your kids very early age, it wont be hard. If later in life, will be hard. It is based on home enviroments.

Well, if you teach your kids very early age, it wont be hard. If later in life, will be hard. It is based on home enviroments.

Exactly, that´s what I did with my boys. It´s not hard what everyone thought. Teach children at early age to develop is the best and easy.

Back