do u buy sandwich at 7-eleven?...

No sandwich for me from store like 7-11 because mayonnaise sitting around for long time can really make you sick.:barf:

No sandwich for me from store like 7-11 because mayonnaise sitting around for long time can really make you sick.:barf:

What are you talk about? There is no mayonnaise inside sandwich. They're not that stupid. I brought vary sandwich from 7-Eleven and I'm assure you that there is NO damn mayonnaise in sandwich. Had to grab the mayonnaise package and place there.

What are you talk about? There is no mayonnaise inside sandwich. They're not that stupid. I brought vary sandwich from 7-Eleven and I'm assure you that there is NO damn mayonnaise in sandwich. Had to grab the mayonnaise package and place there.

What.\? Are you serious? Chicken salad or tuna salad?

Long time since I've been to 7-11, maybe they don't have those anymore.

Culinary detective blogspot mentions 7-11 chicken salad

I thought they have chicken salad and I say "unsafe!" Here is copy from Culinary Detective:

7-11, The Investigation!
Open 24 hrs

I know you have done it, we all have, admit it you have stood inside a 7-11 at one time or another and looked at the food thinking, that looks pretty good doesn’t it. Most of you just got your big gulp and left out the door, forever wondering about the neatly wrapped items in the refrigerated section, or the baked goods or god forbid the stuff on those metal rollers, you know you wanted it but you were just to chicken to try it. You wanted to wait till someone more daring with a “semi-iron stomach” told you it was ok and tasted good. I have done that so many times I have lost count, times when I am really hungry but don’t have the time to get food at a sit down or even a drive thru. Well I decided to throw caution to the wind and eat everything I can at 7-11 so I can tell you the real scoop on the food offerings at the largest 24 hr convenience store around.

It all started with the sandwiches! I brought a bunch of them to the wine tasting panel and didn’t tell people where they were from in order to get honest feedback. We cut the sandwiches up and plated them to be eaten by the panel. There were the “big eats” sandwiches which I have come to find are made everyday at a central kitchen facility and shipped to the stores about 2 am. The 2 wraps we tried were pretty darn tasty; there was a chipotle chicken wrap and a turkey wrap with herbs. They both had nice flavorful tortillas and were filled with cheese and meats with a flavorful sauce and crisp lettuce. They were not big portions by any means but a nice quick fresh meal for under $3.00. The next batch sandwiches were very, very good. The turkey and capicolla had fresh quality meats including a nice spicy capicolla, topped with some lettuce and cheese. The ham and cheese on wheatberry bread was delicious, in fact my wife Martha made me go out and get her one a few days later. I was skeptical of the chicken salad on wheatberry but since the others were so good I went for it. Boy was I wrong, it was actually quite good, the best sandwich of the bunch in my opinion. The roast beef and cheddar on an onion roll is fresh filling and tasty as well. There were a few more sandwich items I didn’t get to try but based on the great quality of the others I tasted, I would say they are worth a try.

It's still safe and good to eat those sandwich from 7-Eleven. Geez.

That's right. Customers have various preferences. Some like mustard. Some like mayo. Some like nothing. So, there's nothing on it but meat and cheese. :)

I thought they have chicken salad and I say "unsafe!" Here is copy from Culinary Detective:

7-11, The Investigation!
Open 24 hrs

I know you have done it, we all have, admit it you have stood inside a 7-11 at one time or another and looked at the food thinking, that looks pretty good doesn’t it. Most of you just got your big gulp and left out the door, forever wondering about the neatly wrapped items in the refrigerated section, or the baked goods or god forbid the stuff on those metal rollers, you know you wanted it but you were just to chicken to try it. You wanted to wait till someone more daring with a “semi-iron stomach” told you it was ok and tasted good. I have done that so many times I have lost count, times when I am really hungry but don’t have the time to get food at a sit down or even a drive thru. Well I decided to throw caution to the wind and eat everything I can at 7-11 so I can tell you the real scoop on the food offerings at the largest 24 hr convenience store around.

It all started with the sandwiches! I brought a bunch of them to the wine tasting panel and didn’t tell people where they were from in order to get honest feedback. We cut the sandwiches up and plated them to be eaten by the panel. There were the “big eats” sandwiches which I have come to find are made everyday at a central kitchen facility and shipped to the stores about 2 am. The 2 wraps we tried were pretty darn tasty; there was a chipotle chicken wrap and a turkey wrap with herbs. They both had nice flavorful tortillas and were filled with cheese and meats with a flavorful sauce and crisp lettuce. They were not big portions by any means but a nice quick fresh meal for under $3.00. The next batch sandwiches were very, very good. The turkey and capicolla had fresh quality meats including a nice spicy capicolla, topped with some lettuce and cheese. The ham and cheese on wheatberry bread was delicious, in fact my wife Martha made me go out and get her one a few days later. I was skeptical of the chicken salad on wheatberry but since the others were so good I went for it. Boy was I wrong, it was actually quite good, the best sandwich of the bunch in my opinion. The roast beef and cheddar on an onion roll is fresh filling and tasty as well. There were a few more sandwich items I didn’t get to try but based on the great quality of the others I tasted, I would say they are worth a try.
What I suggest you do is ask the guy how fresh the food was or look at the date stamped on the food. :)

What I suggest you do is ask the guy how fresh the food was or look at the date stamped on the food. :)

All package come with date when it make and when it will expire. Usually up to 3 days then it throw it away.

Ohhh My Bad

When I used to live in Las Vegas, I used to always go to the 7- and a 11 for a nice iceee cold frozen Coke, Sluuuuurrrrrrrrrppppppppppppped....ahhhh nice and sweet, my baddie... shhh shhhh!

I knows sodas ain't good for us, but sometime I gotta have it when I have a very bad day to relieved myself, LOL!

If kept chilled, mayo is fine except it makes the bread soggy so, no, I don't buy those sandwiches anywhere unless I see them put it out just freshly made which isn't often, lol.....

buying a sandwich.. most of them were high on sodium.... i stop going to subway or quiz... or others.. due to high sodium.. it makes me to have high pressure! oh well
i miss those sandwich at subway or quizo.. :(

I used o be hooked on Big Gulps and 7-11 nachos! OMG, I loved both of them... diet coke and nachos!!! The cheese there is so good,,,but sometimes you need to see if the 7-11 is clean etc. cuz I have been to some in the bad part of a town and its not that clean the area around the cheese machine and the cheese looks hard and dried up.... I think "eewwwwww I am not eating nothing here just pay for their gas and leave".

Back